Favorite/Least Favorite Final Fantasy Protagonist

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
Favorite: Squall Leonhart: "Why?", you're probably asking. Well, honestly, I find him endearing and empathetic. His struggles with abandonment, duty, and right and wrong were my own. Plus, his skepticism is very refreshing compared to the incurable and often illogical optimism of the typical series protagonist.

Least Favorite: Vaan. Put on a shirt dude, you wanna be a sky pirate, but you don't always want people up in your booty.

Honorable Mentions for Favorite: Cloud, Zidane, and Terra.

Dishonorable Mentions for Least Favorite: Everyone in the X sub-series, especially Yuna and Riku as they appear in X-2. Butz (just for his name). The Figaro brothers.

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
antipope said:
I liked Squall I felt he was the only character that ever reacted appropriately to how annoying the rest of the cast was.
THANK YOU! THAT'S WHY EVERYONE ELSE IN THAT GAME IS AN IDIOT!
I thought I was the only one who understood that aspect of FFVIII.

blarg363

Nov 19, 2009
Favorite: The red worrior from FF 1

Least: Anyone after

I like having my own team of guys, i don't feel like i'm really contributing anything
if the main character already has his own personality(usually something rather emo to boot)

LoFr3Eq

Oct 15, 2008
Fav: Celes
Least Fav: Squall

Austin Howe said:
The Figaro brothers.
Why you hating on the Brothers? they were a sort of comic relief, but at the same time were quite serious about the mission at hand and the kingdom they have to protect.

Mungular

Dec 5, 2009
favorite- Auron cause hes a badass
lease favorite- Hope and anyone who played XIII knows why!

Particulate

May 27, 2011
thrillingsuspense said:
Favorite: Cecil
Least Favorite: Squall

I love the way Cecil develops a character and statistically.
Squall was too brooding for his own good.
Favorite: Tidus
Least Favorite: Squall

I liked the arc that Tidus had. Young, up and coming athlete with a mysterious father discovers a strange world. His father his kind of a bad guy and Auron is one of the best supporting characters in any final fantasy narrative ever.

Squall was a hero, yes, but all he did through most of the story was piss and moan about having to be a hero. If he hated it so much then he could have stopped and just let Laguna take over. Because Laguna was a boss.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Gennadios said:
Favorite: Zidane and Vivi

Leaset Favorite: That useless frog eating creature. I forget the name and which game it was in, but I think it might have been IX as well.
That would be Quina. I liked him/her though, if only for his/her blue magic abilities. Also yes: that's FF-IX

---

Favorites: Vivi, Steiner, Laguna, Mog and, Cecil. Vivi is simply awesome. Steiner is your classic moron-with-good-intentions. Laguna is kind of like Snow only he succeeds where heroics are concerned. Mog is the only Moogle you can control in a traditional Final Fantasy. Ever. Cecil has the coolest arc, going from Dark Knight to Paladin.

Least Favorites: The cast of FF-XIII except for Sazh. I can't really think of any other protagonists I disliked. I could tolerate just about everyone else except for Hope, Vanille, Snow, Lightning and, the rest of the cast of that game.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Least favorite: The entire cast of 12 (I simply didn't give a shit about any of them), Squall, and Hope.

Favorites: Locke, Celes, Terra...actually everyone from 3/6 cept for the ditto and yeti hidden characters, Auron, Zidane, Vivi, Cid, and props to Rikku for being your typical japanese stereotype but not going to far and being interesting enough to enjoy as a character. Way to walk the line square enix. :D

thrillingsuspense

May 6, 2010
Shirokurou said:
Least fav: Vaan. Wait was he even a protagonist?
Only because if they made Balthier the main playable character it would be too much like glorifying piracy. But yeah, Vaan is completely not interesting.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Well the most experience I've had with Final Fantasy is by playing Dissidia so from that game;

Best: Zidane (Followed by Squall)
Worst: Cloud (Followed by Tidus)