Favorite/Least Favorite Final Fantasy Protagonist

nbamaniac

Apr 29, 2011
Favorite: The original Warriors of Light; Bartz; Terra, Locke, Celes and every character from FF6; and Chocobos

Hate: Pretty much everyone after 6..

nbamaniac

Apr 29, 2011
SalamanderJoe said:
Best villan on a side note is Kefka - not only because of his story, but I beilieve he's still the only Final Fantasy bad guy to desire to be a God, AND succeeds. [sub](sorry if thats a spoiler but it has FF6 has been out two decades now...)[/sub]
100% win post..

I didn't believe that Kefka actually desired to be a God though. He wanted power yes but the Godhood he got was pseudo-accidental. In my books though, he's an FF edition of 4chan /b/ers destroying lives 'just for the lulz'.

Jackstick

May 25, 2011
Favorite: Rydia, Terra, Lightning, Vanille, Cecil, Kain, Locke, Celes
Least: Gau

Nothing against Gau, he just happens to be lowest on my list.

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
Gennadios said:
Favorite: Zidane and Vivi

Leaset Favorite: That useless frog eating creature. I forget the name and which game it was in, but I think it might have been IX as well.
QUINA WAS AWESOME, I consider he/she an acquired taste. I originally didn't really care for it but when I got around to using it frequently I had a blast always learning new and interesting abilities.

Its humor is also strangely captivating.

Favorite: Zidane / Quina

Least: Entire cast of FF VIII

antipope

Jun 7, 2010
I liked Squall I felt he was the only character that ever reacted appropriately to how annoying the rest of the cast was.

Least favorite the guy from ff12

Questalace

Aug 9, 2010
Favorites: Luso Clemens and Vincent, Luso is too care free to dislike and Vincent's too bad ass for his own good.

Least favorite: Seymour Guado, You cannot not hate this guy.

Eacaraxe_v1legacy

Mar 28, 2010
My favorite is still Locke. He had a nicely-rounded character arc that included depth and accessibility to the gamer, character faults that were resolved neatly without anviliciousness or angst, and the ability to dual wield/X-attack Atma Weapon and Illumina.

My least favorite is Squall. He's effectively devoid of character growth and what little that occurs is the result of BLAM's rather than genuine development, unsympathetic, and a wallowing angst machine. He's the characterization of everything wrong with the Final Fantasy series after VI.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Favorite: Locke & Zidane. They have great backstories and are totally endearing.
Least: Cloud & Squall. The whole reluctant hero archetype just gets on my nerves.

Pyrosomniac

Mar 17, 2011
Favourite(s... how can you make me choose just one?!): Cloud, Zidane, Vivi, Lightning, Sazh, Fang

Least Favourite(s): ALL OF FF8'S CAST! Vanille, Snow, Vaan, Penelo, Tidus, Squall (because he deserves a special mention all on his own!)

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Favorites: Zidane and Cloud
Zidane because I like his personality and how charismatic he is.

Cloud because he gets a good amount of character development over the course of the game. That and he carries a large sword.

Least Favorite: Tidus
I can't really say I hate this guy, but the voice acting was quite unbearable at times.

Grand_Arcana

Aug 5, 2009
Favorite: Cecil, Auron, Ramza, T.G. Cid, Lightning, Balthier.

Least Favorate: Tidus, Wakka, Lulu, Snow, Vanille.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
My favourite characters are Squall and Auron. I don't know why I like Squall so much, I just do. As for Auron, he is a badass.

Least favourite: Tidus. I don't like Tidus, his voice kinda grates and he annoys me after a while.

Mind you, I was turned off of the series by Final fantasy X and I haven't played the series beyond this point. I know Auron is one of my favourite characters, but in my eyes, even he wasn't enough to make the game fun. There were too many characters that annoyed me.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Favourites:
Yang (IV) for being a badass monk with a badass moustache of power.
Galuf (V) for being a grumpy old buzzard who beats up amnesia and is an ex-hero of epic proportions.
Shadow (VI) for having a Spaghetti Western theme song and being a ninja with a dog who mauls people.
Cid Highwind (VII) for being the main protagonist of his game. Also is an astronaut and out-cools the entire cast of the game in every way.
Auron (X) for being the most awesome stoic samurai mentor dude. Also starred in Kingdom Hearts II and out-cooled the entire cast of that game despite appearing for all of 10 minutes.
Minwu (II) for being Minwu. Dunno why, I just really like him.
Balthier (XII) for being the leading man. And suave. And generally swoon-worthy.

Yeah, no main protagonists here. It's not that I hate or dislike any of the main player characters, but I tend to like the other party characters more, as a rule.

Least favourite:
Everyone in Final Fantasy II who isn't Minwu for not being Minwu.
Lenna (V) for being supremely useless and having terrible stats at all times.
Squall (VIII) for not cheering up, ever. Also has a terrible love interest, instead of Selphie who really loves trains.
Zell (VIII) for not shutting up.
Rinoa (VIII for being a terrible love interest, for having not personality and for trying to copy Shadow's gimmick. At least you can name her dog funny names.

Also, despite that, I still maintain VIII as a damn good game. It just had a half-bad cast.

A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
Favorite:
Auron: He actually makes Sense, while keeping his Secrets and you dont guess it before he basicly tells you everything. I consider that superior writing if anything.
Yuffie: Because she is just..over the top weird. Also she gets kidnapped by Don Whats-his-Face.
Vincent: Best Backstory of any FF7 Character ever. In my opinion anyway.
Lulu: For actually being a protector and motherly figure, despite her..well "figure" you know.
Quistis: For being a massive Tease towards Squall which i laughed my Ass off at every damn time. Also the most mature of the whole Group for some odd reason.

Least Favorite:
Selphie: Totally Batshit Crazy and annoying as all Hell. Seriously, i never took her in my party, ever.
Cloud: Hypocritical and rather whiny. Also most of his Decisions somehow never really made sense to me.
Squall: Im not even going to justify why i hate him, it would cause the Forums to implode by sheer mass of hatred.
Rinoa: For the very same Reason as Squall, also she was simply a airheaded unlikeable character who had lofty Goals without any Clue on how to achieve them except for doing retarded things, like going alone to a massively powerful Witch
Aerith: For being Pointless and serving only to die for no reason other than to..well die.
Irvine: No, just no.

LightspeedJack

May 2, 2010
Favourite main character: Zidane
Favourite supporting character: Auron

Least favourite main character: Squall
Least favourite supporting character: Hope

TheRookie8

Nov 19, 2009
Favorite(s): Balthier, Reddas, Gabranth, Tifa, Zack, and Yuffie (she has her good moments).

Least Favorite(s): Vaan, Cloud, and Squall. That's right, I dislike the main characters. I didn't use to, but I do now.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Fave: Tidus. Fun guy, but he also knows when to be serious.
Least: Luso. I can handle moodiness and my fave speaks for itself, but Luso has no emotional gravity to speak of. To him it's all just a vacation in Ivalice. Doubly so when everyone else is discussing something important.