Favorite lets play? Tell us about who you love to watch or what makes somthing fun to follow.

gonzo20

Dec 18, 2008
anyone ever remember 4 player podcast? those guys got me into watching youtubes, and two best friends play are easily my fave, they showed me just how bad david cage is and i am glad for that!

captcha: slender man is slender. you dont say.

Divein53

Jul 31, 2011
I gotta go Nerd Cubed. Posts several types of videos each week, does regular crossovers and each video contains as much awkwardness as humanly possible.

http://m.youtube.com/user/OfficialNerdCubed

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
VMK said:
anthony87 said:
VMK said:
Oh come on! How come nobody has mentioned Super Best Friends Play?
Ninja'd by 4 minutes! You motherfu-
[sub][sub]Joking of course[/sub][/sub]

I love me some Matt and Pat. Tried getting into Game Grumps after hearing so much about it but I found it to be painfully unfunny. Aside from those two I look for the game before I look for the LPer so I'm not aware of too many of them.
OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD! My first ninja-ing! I hope Pat senpai notices me today.

Jokes aside, I agree with you. I tried watching GG's Bayonetta playthrough, but I stopped in the middle of the first part.
SBFP, meanwhile, provide high-quality commentary, good humor, a lot of info about, well, different stuff and also have random shenenigans videos. Ah, the wall-mart shooping...
The term "shitlord" has become a permanent addition to my vocabulary. I don't know how I lived without it.

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
I've mainly been watching Achievement Hunter, NerdCubed, and of course, Markiplier. I also recently picked up Game Grumps, and started watching one or two smaller ones when I saw they were LPing the exact same game series I was LPing at about the same time (Notable, considering there's been almost no LPs of the later games in the series until now.), going by the name of Bormac and ArachCobra (Again, small guys. As small as me I imagine.)

Serioli

Mar 26, 2010
Going through a phase of Dawnsomewhere, (Let's Ramble over), where he basically talks over his playing, half commenting and half Roleplaying. He's only done two so far* but they tickle me. There's nothing like discussions on mutation, social commentary and story narrative combined with flipping out over a cute robot dog.

*(Pony conversion of FF VI, which is finished and the still ongoing Fallout:New Vegas)

Also,
Compatriot Block said:
The term "shitlord" has become a permanent addition to my vocabulary. I don't know how I lived without it.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
slysean said:
As a frequent viewer of Zero Punctuation, I and I believe may of you know Yathzee enjoys lets play videos and I'm sure many of you do too. So I'm curious, whose your favorite?
Yahtzee does Let's Plays too! Here's one:

OT: Peanut Butter Gamer and ProJared are pretty much the only ones I really watch. I watch James & Mike Play... which is James Rolfe of AVGN fame on occasion, I don't really watch them. Mostly because I'd rather play a game myself, especially if I'm going to devote the time.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
lessee.. The first let's player I've ever watched was the wonderful, beautiful Pushing Up Roses, who usually has guest commentators. She's funny, has a nice personality. http://pushinguproses.com/videos/

That led me to Paw Dugan, who is probably my favorite overall, Especially his let's play of the Quest for Glory series, and his King's quest. The voices he gives his characters.... its wonderful http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/paw/lppaw

And finally, I don't know if this is cheating or not, but the best Let's plays I have ever read are the Screen shots of Mrs. Angie Gallant. Her sense of humor, the games she plays, everything. it's perfect. I nearly choked because I dared to eat chex mix while reading one. good times http://brokenforum.com/index.php?threads/where-i-crash-diet-for-girlish-love-revolution.1897/

http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?67529-Hatoful-Boyfriend-A-dating-game-about-pigeons

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
Robot Number V said:
Vykrel said:
Achievement Hunter, especially their Minecraft and GTA Let's Plays.
YES. Someone gets it. Clever game concepts, big, varied cast, a ridiculously large stable of running jokes, and above all, hilarious commentary. Actually, damn near everything Rooster Teeth produces is great. You don't even know what "funny" means until you've seen "Rage Quit: Surgeon Simulator".
Oh god, that Surgeon Simulator Rage Quit was pure comedic gold.

The bizarre and hilarious situations they get themselves into in almost any game is consistently hilarious. Definitely would recommend.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I'm betting someone has already called out the fine fellows over at Rooster Teeth (the Achievement Hunter gang, to be specific). I watch a lot of their material, their Minecraft Let's Plays are always a joy to experience. But the absolute BEST (and by best, I mean the best Let's Plays I've ever seen anyone do) are their Let's Plays involving Worms games, especially if Gavin the Suicidal Maniac is involved.

Their mini-golf Let's Plays are pretty fun as well. :3

iampenguinlord

Dec 15, 2010
My favourite Let's Player is probably MangMinx (now TheRPGMinx).

I enjoy watching horror Let's Plays and her Amnesia playthrough was one of the best things I have ever watched. Minx's videos are funny and enjoyable to watch. The only other 'Let's Player' that I watch every video of is Yahtzee19.

Ender910_v1legacy

Oct 22, 2009
I'm not really a fan of Let's Play videos, but I guess I'd say I'm a fan of anyone who actually just records gameplay without actually talking or putting on a show, especially for older nostalgic games.

Oh, correction, there is one Let's Play host that I actually like. Prince of Macedon. He's been recording strategy game matches for ages, for games that I personally prefer, like Men of War and Total War. He's also great since he'll actually talk about the strategies he's employing while he either plays or spectates a match.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I admit I haven't seen too many really. I did enjoy watching some of the videos of Dark side Phil (but he spells it weird) bumbling through fallout 3 but that's just funny because he has his head up his ass.
I think I just prefer playing the game myself.

I also like watching epic online RTS battles or those huge Eve online wars that occasionally occur. Do those count as LPs?

KennardKId5

May 26, 2011
Jefmajor. He plays more obscure PC games, and though he represents himself as a fool he's actually quite skilled.

Take, for example, his let's plays of Il2 Sturmovik. He's really good at a game that's frankly brutal, and he's great at making a story out of every mission.

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
As somebody not a fan of LPs: Scott Manley's Kerbal stuff well cut to avoid a lot of dead air, and he actually knows his shit really well, there's a lot to learn.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I watch quite a lot of Let's plays, with my favourite probably being Griffinlobster's Psychonauts let's play. It's one of my favourite games and he is a very good let's player. Here is part one for anyone who is interested:

I also really enjoy Odinspack33 let's plays. I am currently watching his Pokemon trading card game let's play as I am typing this:

There is also Kowbrainz, Darkmindedsith and Vash12349 (even though I think Vash doesn't really like the term Let's play if I remember rightly)

Sep 9, 2007
My favourite LPers would have to be Time Warriors (Coolguy and TheLastRoboKy). So far they have covered Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, Dawn of War 2 + Expansions, Call of Duty 1 + United Offensive, Transformers: War for Cybertron and they are currently going through Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.

My runner up would be Beaglerush for his Ironman Impossible runs of XCOM Enemy Unknown.

Bolwing

Mar 5, 2012
Coakle said:
Xaio30 said:
"Video Games Awesome" would be my choice.
I'd second Video Games Awesome. The banter and reactions are top notch.
Curses! Ninja'd. Kinda sad about Ben nearly leaving the show, though (moved out, got another job, is going to co-host only as often as Deacon or Kyle). Those pepole actually seem to love what they're doing and are very positive most of the time.