Favorite non video game game

bowsmand

Mar 23, 2008
Apples to Apples, Balderdash, D&D, beer pong, Fluxx...
Wait-- no-one has said Scrabble, yet?

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Am I the only one that plays Pitch? I'm from upstate NY and we used to play rounds and rounds of Pitch. It's sort of like spades.

monodiabloloco

May 15, 2007
DnD P&P
All Flesh Must Be Eaten P&P
Munchkin in several different flavors.
Rummy
A dice game called Farkle
Yahtzee
Crossbows and Catapults with my daughter.. and sometimes my brother.... SHUT UP! It's fun!
I like to make up basic miniatures rules to play with my kid too. Although with her, the big dragon, the heroes, and the monsters all hang out become buddies by the end.

Apone

Jan 13, 2008
CanadianWolverine said:
Hmm, let me look at my shelves...

Othello
Risk
Risk - Lord of the Rings Trilogy Edition
Yahtzee (not a joke)
Betrayal At House On The Hill
Talisman
Order Of The Stick Adventure
Munchkin
Zombies!!!
D&D 3.5 Edition P&P
Shadowrun 4th P&P
Regular deck of cards and those various games you can do with that

Would street ball hockey, knife throwing or archery count?
YAY Zombies! I'm glad someone else has played this awesome game. Two hour long sessions where the first hour is building the board and getting to the end and the other is screwing each-other over at the heli pad was great fun. Kinda like Magic with all the shafting each other.
I used to play Magic too obviously. Though I stopped when I couldn't support all my hobbies financially.
Which include Warhammer Fantasy and 40k.
D&D and Vampire have also been favorites in my group.
I'd like to try Talisman and that new one, Tannhauser too.

monodiabloloco

May 15, 2007
thebobmaster said:
I am one of those hopeless mutants who genuinely enjoys a game of Scrabble.
I love scrabble! The problem is that the only people I have to play with that are willing to play are both English majors. One is also a lawyer so knows all sorts of obscure words I have only heard once or twice in my whole life.

P.S. Getting mocked by a person who holds both an English and law degree is really painful... and sometimes confusing.

Jawless

Mar 25, 2008
Manhunt. And not the crappy video game Rockstar released.

This game is like a more desperate hide and seek, where a team of people hunts one person in a large area, like a forest or a park. It never goes into violence of course, but it is fun for hardened people. I like playing at night time, you hand the hunters white clothing and torches and the hiders black clothing and a smaller light source. Hold the runner still and then you've won.

I guess no ones played it..have they?

werepossum

Sep 12, 2007
Haven't actuallly played any non-computer games for a couple of decades, but AD&D, Paranoia, and Twilight: 2000 were fun.

Keet

Jan 24, 2008
Favorite game of all time has to be Zombies! which is a table-top board game that incorporates elements of classic D & D into, of all things, Sorry. Yes, that little cutesy game with the funny colored pieces and the little tiles. I highly recommend it for a laidback saturday night with friends and mediocre chinese takeout.

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
The strange version of poker which is on MSN.

I would say Monopoly, but it really does just create arguments, heh.

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
thebobmaster said:
I am one of those hopeless mutants who genuinely enjoys a game of Scrabble.
*waves third hand growing out of forehead!

Me too. I'm not particularly good at it, but I like it.

Arcadia2000

Mar 3, 2008
I feel a strange compulsion to post here.
About how I like Dominoes and Phase 10.
And Ticket to Ride. And ~gasp~ Charades.
I like the "Who would you rather kiss?" game.
I miss playing Spades.
I prefer sardines to hide-n-seek, but it's the same basic thing.
Our all time favorite childhood game for my sister and I was "Let's pretend we're orphans and we live on boats with our stuffed animals and we have to take care of ourselves and we can't fall in because even though we can swim we would die from the sharks." It's a variation on "The floor is lava!" Who else played, "The floor is lava!" ?