Favorite RPG game of all time

Argonian alchemist

Master-level alchemist
May 5, 2011
Oblivion... yeah, how original right? but hey, it's a cool game...

800+ hours in it, and still rising may I add.

Googenstien

Jul 6, 2010
AD&D SSI/TSR Gold Box games.. think there were 4. I loved those games to death so any of those or Wasteland.

Grey_Gore

Feb 10, 2009
Oh dear, so many choices... I'd go for the Gold Box series, if only because they introduced me to the genre at a time where everyone in my social circle was keen on Doom et al. In particular, Curse of the Azure Bonds and Champions of Krynn - for something more modern, I'd say either Deus Ex or the Fallout series.

[sub]Although Deus Ex isn't quite-exactly-specifically an RPG, it just does so many things *right*, y'know?[/sub]

[sub]In lieu of avoiding misunderstandings, Doom was pure awesomesauce at the time, mkay?[/sub]

serenityzero

Dec 24, 2008
What's with all the new games? Old school, people! Ye Oldle FFIV.

But really. Where's the FFVII? The Chrono Trigger? For shame....

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
"Skyrim Imma happy for u, Imma lechu finish but Daggerfall is the best elderscrolls of all time, OF ALL TIME!"
That and Mother series.
That shit is insane.

Azrael the Cat

Dec 13, 2008
Planescape: Torment. After that, Fallout 1 (the original Interplay title, not the Bethesda reboot). Nothing else comes close. And it isn't nostalgia either - I'd been gaming for 15 years by the time those games came out, and was in my mid-20s.

Gregg Lonsdale

Jan 14, 2011
Earthbound and Mother 3. I know the latter was never released outside Japan, but then I downloaded the fan translation and Nintendo didn't get a cent for it so I guess it works out even. Anyway, both were really fun and kooky in that wonderful Tim Schafer way, and the turn-based combat worked really well. Good stories, too.