Favorite Video Game Characters

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Beelzebub from the Shin Megami Tensei series.

I just think he looks really cool, though he does have at least one long standing bit of characterization in the games that I like which is his absolute loyalty to his master Lucifer. Like, hardcore metal loyalty. In Devil Survivor he was told to help Belberith win the War of Bel, the only way to win this war is to kill and absorb the soul of all the other participants, which he is one of, this means that at some point he would have to offer his soul up to Belberith and be absorbed so he could win. And he's just like, "Yeah, cool. No problem my dude." That's fucking hardcore.

He also has an awesome theme song.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Most of you probably recognize her as the character I was using as my avatar for several years, only reason I stopped is because I ran out of art of her since Trillion is a pretty niche game.
I barely even recognize you any more without green girl avatar.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Toriel from Undertale/Deltarune.

She plays such an important role that really sets the tone for the rest of the game, especially since most players will accidently do a bad thing that will really set how they play and experience the game. So not only is she a very strong motherly kind of character, she also has a massive role in what will happen.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Crew of the SSV Normandy SR2. Not present but much loved; Engineers Greg Adams, Kenneth Donnelly, Gabby Daniels and Doctor Karin Chakwas and Yeoman Kelly Chambers. Not pictured and deeply missed, the late Lt. Kaiden Alenko, Doctor Mordin Solus, Thane Krios and Legion.

No other group of characters in a game have captured my imagination as much as this crew. All going through heir own little arcs and journeys. By day's end, the crew of the Normandy are a family. A family who's story I can play over and over with little to no variation and love again and again.

EDIT: I forgot some of them, shameful >.<

Last edited:

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States

Crew of the SSV Normandy SR2. Not present but much loved; Engineers Greg Adams, Kenneth Donnelly, Gabby Daniels and Doctor Karin Chakwas and Yeoman Kelly Chambers. Not pictured and deeply missed, the late Lt. Kaiden Alenko.

No other group of characters in a game have captured my imagination as much as this crew. All going through heir own little arcs and journeys. By day's end, the crew of the Normandy are a family. A family who's story I can play over and over with little to no variation and love again and again.
Also not pictured and presumably deeply missed: Mordin Solus, Thane Krios, Legion vas Rannoch.

Reactions: Gordon_4

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Can't be assed to find images, but...

Adelbert Steiner
Vivi Ornitier
Auron
Gregg Lee
Blaidd the Half-Wolf
Isaac Kleiner
GLaDOS (cliche choice but she deserves it)
Mr Drippy

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
The entire cast of Rune Factory 3.

I love every single one of these weirdos. Rune Factory 3 is my favorite in the series and a large reason for that is the cast. They're all cloud cuckoo landers with weird quirks like making clothes out of food or speaking in opposites or wanting to paint everything in a rainbow of colors. My favorite though was Marian because she's hilarious. One of my favorite moments is if you're dating her for a while she'll talk about how she's feeling closer to you and then teasingly accuse Micah of giving her a love potion, to which he'll adamantly say he would never do that to her. She pauses then... Marian: I'm sorry.... Micah: What?!, which is just fantastic, I love it!

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
"I have an interesting job planned for tonight...."

The Thief games fundamentally changed my approach to gaming, and Garrett was no small part of their appeal. Jaded, sarcastic, condescending, disinterested in anything that got between him and his money... but possessed of a hidden heart of gold, and a sense of professionalism that elevated him above petty thuggery. Wrong him at the risk of waking up one morning in your decorative fountain alongside all of your servants and guards, with everything valuable gone.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Dronya (The tall one) from Labyrinth of Refrain

Only problem is any descriptions I gave for why she's such a damn good character would be spoilers. She's a complex character that's gone through a lot of hardships (Like... serious shit, no joke.) but still managed to keep her heart in regards to protecting those she cares about.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Beelzebub from the Shin Megami Tensei series.

In Devil Survivor he was told to help Belberith win the War of Bel, the only way to win this war is to kill and absorb the soul of all the other participants, which he is one of, this means that at some point he would have to offer his soul up to Belberith and be absorbed so he could win. And he's just like, "Yeah, cool. No problem my dude." That's fucking hardcore.
Dude was a total bastard to fight, really tested my luck on that one.

Harry from Custom Robo.

Dude's a bro. Harry's the most bro, bro you'll ever have as a bro my bro.
Harry's awesome! I love his responses if you keep saying no to going on the dangerous mission to the outside. The bad ending is hilarious cause of him

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Last edited: