Favorite Villain Lines

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
It's pretty lame but when you're playing as a khajiit in Skyrim one of the random enemy taunts is:

You remind me of my cousin's cat! Killed that one too!

Makes me chuckle every time!

Most of my other examples come from Metal Gear Solid villains because... how could they not?

Not yet, Snake! It's not over yet! - Liquid Snake just won't die!

Snake. We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at. But... at least I always fought for what I believed in. - Grey Fox

There's nothing like the feeling of slamming a long silver bullet into a well greased chamber. I love the smell of cordite...you know, that sulfury smell? But to you, it will be the smell of your own death. - And pretty much anything that Ocelot ever says.

sharinganblossom25

Jan 2, 2011
This is just one of many quotes that makes this character so despicable. And yet it's so awesome.

"My question to you is, do we show him mercy? Or do we send a message to all those who oppose us? A message that states beyond any shadow of a doubt that their cause is futile and their true destiny... is to perish!"
-Saint Dane, The Soldiers of Halla

Oct 12, 2011
A slightly long one from Terry Pratchett's Guards! Guards!

The Patrician steepled his hands and looked at Vimes over the top of them.
"Let me give you some advice, Captain," he said. "It may help you make some sense of the world. I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
He waved his thin hand toward the city and walked over to the window.
"A great rolling sea of evil. Shallower in some places, of course, but deeper, oh, so much deeper in others. But people like you put together little rafts of rules and vaguely good intentions and say, this is the opposite, this will triumph in the end. Amazing. Down there," he said. "are people who will follow any dragon, worship any god, ignore any iniquity. All out of a kind of humdrum, everyday badness. Not the really high, creative loathsomeness of the great sinners, but a sort of mass-produced darkness of the soul. Sin, you might say, without a trace of originality. They accept evil not because they say YES, but because they don't say NO."
"I'm sorry if this offends you," he added, patting the captain's shoulder, "but you fellows really need us. We're the only ones who know how to make things work. You see, the only thing the good people are good at is overthrowing the bad people. And you're good at that, I'll grant you. But the trouble is that it's the ONLY thing you're good at. One day it's the ringing of the bells and the casting down of the evil tyrant, and the next it's everyone complaining that ever since the tyrant was overthrown no one's taking out the trash. Because the bad people know how to PLAN. It's part of the specification, you might say. Every evil tyrant has a plan to rule the world. The good people don't seem to have the knack."

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
"Muff ffrrr refff!" - John Criton
"Don't need a translator microbe for that one do we?"- Scorpious

Farscape Season 2

Smeatza

Dec 12, 2011
"If a man dedicates his life to good deeds and the welfare of others, he will die unthanked and unremembered. If he exercises his genius bringing misery and death to billions, his name will echo through the millennia for a hundred lifetimes. Infamy is always more preferable to ignominy."

Fabius Bile

Ryank1908

Oct 18, 2009
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... have at you!"

Dracula's notorious line from the beginning of Castlevania: SotN.
Here's the thing, though... I'm pretty sure that line is particularly well-known on the internet because of how bad everyone thinks it is... but I really like it. Belmont's voice actor is fucking dire but Dracula delivers the line pretty well, and let's not forget, he throws his wine glass like any evil, angry aristocrat should.

And if the writing of that line just seems peculiarly high-class for a game with next to no significant story to it, it's because it was originally penned by Andre Malraux in Antimemoirs.

Luke3184

Jun 4, 2011
Kind of a villain, at leas the becomes so as the book goes on:-

?God saves - but not now, and not here. His salvation is on layaway. Like all grifters, He asks you to pay now and take it on faith that you will receive later. Whereas women offer a different sort of salvation, more immediate and fulfilling. They don't put off their love for a distant, ill-defined eternity but make a gift of it in the here and now, frequently to those who deserve it least. So it was in my case. So it is for many. The devil and woman have been allies against God from the beginning...?

Frome Horns

KB13

Oct 3, 2011
"And I never go back on my word. Hmm. How very clever. These beads. They give it just the right touch. Don't you think so, Drizella?" Lady Madonna Tremaine Disney's Cinderella.

"Oh, yes! Yes, my soldiers. Soon the Black Cauldron will be mine. It's evil power will cost through my viens, and I, shall make you. CAULDRON-BORN! Yes! YES! Oh,yes! Then you will worship ME! Me. Oh, my soldiers, how long I have thirsted to be the God, among mortal men!" The Horned King Black Cauldron.

These are the only two Disney Villains to scare the pants off of me when I was a kid, heck even Doom didn't scare me.

Meatspinner

Feb 4, 2011
Batman: No more! All the people I've murdered by letting you live
Joker: I never kept count
Batman: I did
Joker: I know. And I love you for it

The Dark Knight Returns

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
templar1138a said:
Only one is springing to mind.

"Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you." -Kreia/Darth Traya

In some ways, Kreia was a teacher to me in real life. She'll always stay in my brain for being the first well-rounded anti-villain I've ever encountered.
ninjas! I was actually going to post that exact quote. Man she messed with my mind in that game more than any other character has

so i guess nearly every line Sovereign (Mass Effect 1) and to a lesser extent Harbinger (mass effect 2) they really made the reapers seem like a terrifying force (especially Sovereign)

with Harbinger's "Prepare yourself for the arrival!" was fantastic... shame what ended up happening

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
"All I ever did, I did to make you proud! Tell me how proud you are, Sifu! Tell me! Tell me!" --Tai Lung, Kung Fu Panda

Immortal_Engines

Aug 6, 2010
To hold in my hand, a capsule that contains such power... To know that life and death on such a scale was my choice... To know that the tiny pressure of my thumb, enough to break the glass, would end everything... Yes, I would do it! That power would set me up above the gods! And through the Daleks, I SHALL HAVE THAT POWER!
-Davros, Doctor Who

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
"Yes, to hold in my hand a capsule that contains such power. To know that life and death on such a scale was my choice. To know the tiny pressure of my thumb, enough to break the glass, would end everything... Yes! I would do it! That power would set me up above the gods! And through the Daleks I shall have that power!" - Davros "Genesis of the Daleks", Doctor Who