Favorite Villain Lines

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012

Someone had to.

I really like Kerghan's little speech in Arcanum.

If only I could show you the places I have seen, you might understand the things I say. I have been to the Desolate Lands, wandered by those souls who still see the lands of the living but wear the cloak of the dead. Blind to their own ends, they cry, passing through one another like shadows in the dying light of day. I have travelled to where souls rot in torment, pierced with the jagged shards of life and vision, clinging to memory -- regrets of the flesh. I saw that this prison was of their own making, and that the key was in unknowing, in release... and still, I travelled on.

And finally, I came to the place where souls go to die. Where the mirrored and worn spirits fall into an endless sea of grey, mirrored glass... and I lowered myself within...and lay among them... and I almost did not return.

And do you know what I found there? There, among the silent and battered shells of the innumerable? Peace. Enlightenment. Truth. Only then I realized that this place, this "Life", is an abomination, a horrible distortion of the natural order. This "Life", who mothered Pain, and Fear, and Envy - these twisted children who exist only because we are here to feed them, to nourish them. This "Life", this... afterthought - a disturbance, a mere ripple in that great, dead sea, not even the cause, but merely an effect, sending these souls upwards, screaming for release from the day they are torn from their waters! The effect of what!

I do not know. Nor do I care.

Have you ever spoken with the dead? Called to them from this side? Called them from their silent rest? Do you know what it is that they feel? Pain. Pain, when torn into this wakefulness, this reminder of the chaos from which they had escaped. Pain... for having to live. There will be no more pain. There will be no more chaos. And so I go to Arcanum to be an end to it, and then I will join the souls of the dead, when it is done.

Darkseid's speech at near end of Justice League Unlimited was pretty cool. Kinda dark for what was ostensibly a kid's show, too.

" I hope you appreciate, Kal-El, that everything that happens from this point is on your head. The skies will rain fire, the oceans will boil, the streets will run red with the blood of billions. Only then, after your last pitiful hope is extinguished, will I end your life."

gLoveofLove

Oct 24, 2011
It's not my favourite but it springs to my mind more than any other line at the moment.

"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."
Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

Barciad

Apr 23, 2008
Alan Rickmann in Die Hard: Mr Takagi with not be joining us for the rest of his life
Alan Rickmann in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves: I'll cut your heart out with a spoon.
[Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon dear cousin, why not an axe or a knife]
Because it's dull you fool, it'll hurt more...

Zanderinfal

Nov 21, 2009
"I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species, when I realized, you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a an equilibrium with it's surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area...

There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease. A cancer of this planet, you are a plague. And we... are the cure."
-Agent Smith, The Matrix.

Awesome quote, from a sublime movie.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Chun-Li: "My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away! A hero at a thousand paces."
M. Bison: "I'm sorry. I don't remember any of it."
Chun-Li: "You don't remember?!"
M. Bison: "For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday."

Also:
and Jafar's punathon:
Jafar: Ha ha, princess, your TIME IS UP! (traps Jasmine in an hourglass)
Jafar: Don't TOY WITH ME! (turns Abu into a Cymbal Banging Monkey)
Jafar: Things are UNRAVELING fast now, boy! (unravels the magic carpet)
Jafar: Get the POINT?! (swords fall down around Aladdin)
Jafar: I'm just getting WARMED UP! (breathes fire)

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
The one that came to mind was this: "Run Simba" - Scar

That was the first film I cried in.

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
Only one is springing to mind.

"Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you." -Kreia/Darth Traya

In some ways, Kreia was a teacher to me in real life. She'll always stay in my brain for being the first well-rounded anti-villain I've ever encountered.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
This in particular

"One Shall stand, one shall fall" along with Unicron saying "perhaps I have misjudged you, proceed on your way to oblivion".

"When there's no more room in Hell the dead will walk the earth.

Bradeck

Sep 5, 2011
"Mr. Takagi will not be joining us.....for the rest of his life." - Hanz Grueber (Die Hard)

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
Hmmm...I think I'll just let my old friend "Lawful Evil Demotivational Poster" answer this one for me.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
"Do you know now why they love me so?" Dovicculus from Brutal Legend.

"I am sorry brother: I was so exited about seeing you that I forgot to prepare for the bash"- Vergil in Devil May Cry 3

"Think, now :
where would your good be if there were no evil and what would the world look like without shadow? Shadows are thrown by people and things. There's the shadow of my sword, for instance. But shadows are also cast by trees and living things. Do you want to strip the whole globe by removing every tree and every creature to satisfy your fantasy of a bare world? You're stupid."- Woland in The Master and Margarita.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
The Comedy of Terrors.

Vincent Price plays Waldo Trumbull - serial murderer by night, undertaker by day. To him, it's just a way to make a living. His next victim / client, one Mr. Black (Basil Rathbone), suffers from a medical condition which occasionally causes him to fall into a very death-like coma. Having been formally declared dead in front of several witnesses, he wakes up in his coffin in Trumbull's basement and argues that he cannot be buried because he's still alive. To which Trumbull replies:

"Everybody knows you're dead, Mr. Black - except, apparently, you!"

And then he chains the coffin shut.

Dominus Nox

Oct 21, 2009
"If you save all the butterflies then the spiders will die from starvation, trying to save them both is just a naive contradiction." Knives, from Trigun

Paraphrased a little, but watched it when I was a teenager and that scene kinda stuck with me.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Anything said by Gabranth in Dissidia/012:

"There is nothing more futile than a waning light"

"Those who trust in others are always betrayed"

"You can only fathom the hell I've lived"

and Damn, I love that power rush you get when you go into his EX Mode

Andrew Bascom

Sep 30, 2010
I'm not sure if you'd count him as a villian but here's my fav. line

"If you ever feel like dying for the sake of the sake of the universe, call me" ~ Kyubey (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

prophecy2514

Nov 7, 2011
?Oh, so you think darkness is your ally? But you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn?t see the light until I was already a man, by then to me it was only blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me.? Bane - Dark knight rises

"I find your lack of faith in the force disturbing" Darth Vader