Favourite album covers!

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
I guess Number of the Beast because it has so much detail.

Honourable mentions go to Painkiller, Bat Out of Hell, any Motorhead album ever and Relentless, Reckless Forever by Children of Bodom.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
FirstToStrike said:
Ahh you got me! The cover perfectly displays Nas' experience growing up in the harsh NY projects (shown by the backdrop he's superimposed on) - and it's just like the album, understated, poetic, and...well, beautiful. Subtle, but I love it.

So yeah, that. I mean it helps that it's my favourite album ever all round.

Busdriver580

Dec 22, 2009
Cant Believe no one has posted this, not the best but probably one of the most influential

Personal Favorites:

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
I can't believe no one has said this.

Its a demonic bodybuilder... on fire!

Or as a secondary option

The murder in your eyes is just the will to stay alive you gotta fight em'
Cause there's no humanity when the dead come back to feed you gotta fight em

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Vicarious Reality said:
Ninja's man...

Anyway here's a couple of other album covers that really catch the eye; Emperor's In The Nightside Eclipse and Amon Amarth's Surtur Rising. The detail in both of these images is simply stunning and they both exhibit excellent graphic continuity, with clearly defined, consisent and vividly striking colour scheme's. Very lovely work to behold:

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I like the art style of Hammerfalls album covers due to the Warcraft references

MiracleOfSound said:
Simple thread this one.

I'll start us off with 'Somewhere In Time' because it

Has more easter eggs than Mass Effect 2, Skyrim and Arkham City combined.
But just like our Topic Creator I have to go with a album cover of Iron Maiden
And whilst "Somewhere In Time" has loads os Easter Eggs I like better the one which has an artist that seemed to be in a bit of hurry while making this, name of album

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I'd have to go less Rock and Roll and say "Out of the Blue"
The Album is probably quite boring by today's standards, but listening to the entire album, one could think that the music was a little bit futuristic for its time.

The image itself is iconic for a different reason, but the album cover definitely suits it, and the origin story of why that's the album cover and not something else is rather interesting.