Favourite Ship

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
The Hyperion Vanguard from X3. It's a Corvette that handles like a fighter, has 2 hangar spaces FOR fighters, decent weapon slots and the ability to fire just about any kind of Heavy missile for anything the lasers alone can't handle, and has a pretty decent cargo bay.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Jasper van Heycop said:
Oh spoiler tags don't work that way here?
the Normandy from Mass Effect, stealthy, sleek design and a great interior
Your closing tag needs to have the / before 'spoiler', not after it. [ /spoiler ]

mirage202

Mar 13, 2012
For real world it would be HMS Victory. There is just something about Heavy 1st Rates SotL and the age of sail that really appeals to me.

Fictional is easy, the Galactica. Again for the same reason as the Victory it just feels like a heavy ship of the line, designed to sit there and dish out as much punishment as it can take.

Having now said this 'out loud' it makes sense why I tend towards heavily tanked brawlers in Eve.

Iron_will

Feb 8, 2008
First... well, two actually.
I have too many ships that I love; it's difficult to choose.
But these are probably my favourite fictional ships.

Kirishima

She instantly became to my favourite character and ship in the episode she fully appeared in.
Excelion

She saved humanity.

OK, well, humanity needed saving again --three times!-- but still. It's the first ship to save humanity in the series. And a beautiful one too.

As for real ships it's a tossup between I-19 [http://www.combinedfleet.com/type_b1.htm] --because of its unbelievable torpedo salvo-- and the Kongou-class [http://www.combinedfleet.com/ships/kongo] fast battleships.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
The trusty and affordable 'Anubis' VH-class fighter from the tail end of Freelancer. It was the result of collaboration between some of the finest engineering minds of their time. Its armament, hull armour, shielding and speed got me through the worst kinds of trouble.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
The Arwing. Im not really much for ships, but Starfox 64 is one of the few games with a unique ship that Ive enjoyed.

Hochmeister

Jun 2, 2011
Arguably the best and certainly the most beautiful battleship ever built:

As for fictional... nothing trumps this one:

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
As small size ship, I like something in the lines of the Normandy.

As a battleship, I like this baby

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Kolby Jack said:
Queen Michael said:

And if that doesn't count for some silly reason, my choice is the Enterprise. Seems like the nice way to travel.
You *****! RON AND KIM FOREVER! ALSO I ALREADY WIN BECAUSE IT'S CANON. XD
OH MY GOD! SHUN THE RON AND KIM HATER! SHHHHUUUUUUNNNNN!! I merely joke... but seriously. Ron and Kim forever. :p

OT: My favourite ship is the same as yours, OP, the RMS Titanic. My god what a beautiful ship. The way each floor was designed was beautiful and oh so graceful.

Fictional ships I have to go with the Strahl from Final Fantasy 12.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Why, Friendship, of course.

PrimitiveJudge said:
This bizarre creation that can be impregnated by Earth dragonflies. was a fun show

It looks like bug testicles.

Then again, I really like Moya, so....

the doom cannon

Jun 28, 2012
not real: Nightmare, from EVE Online
why? Because I fly one (internet spaceships are real dammit!)

real: USS Iowa
why? Because nothing else screams badass in quite the same way as a full broadside

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Redlin5 said:

Give me the Yamato with air cover please. No surface ship on Earth could challenge her equally when she was afloat. Submarines might have even had difficulty coping with her sheer weight in armor.
The arm chair historian in me needed to respond. "with air cover please" The Yamato and Musashi were relics of a bygone era as soon as they rolled off the dry docks. They were horrifically undergunned for anti-air, even after a refit to attempt to address the problem. Also, a submarine isn't worried about a battleship's armor. Ship armor comes in the form of belts, and they only skirt below the surface of the water. The Yamato itself was ultimately sunk by torpedoes hitting the bottom, unarmored side, of her hull as she was listing.

Senare

Aug 6, 2010
My absolute favourite is the Antaeus adaptive cruiser. It's a fictional carrier that produces new units within seconds using nanobots, then outfits them with chips that hold the minds of dead soldiers. Plus it rises from the ocean floor with an activation signal (that's why it's so rusty in the picture).

As for airships: Blackjack, Highwind and (though it hurts a bit to admit it) the helicarrier are all pretty cool.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Slycne said:
The Yamato and Musashi were relics of a bygone era as soon as they rolled off the dry docks.
I'm well aware of that. Doesn't make it any less cool. I like to imagine such ships at Jutland.

Don't know exact details of her sinking. Submarines are cheaters anyway.