Favourite Ship

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
DaWaffledude said:
Uh, Serenity I guess.

Pretty much this. I can't say for sure if I wouldn't enjoy it as much if it wasn't for the crew though.

Hochmeister said:
As for fictional... nothing trumps this one:

It's always got a few tricks up its sleeves and it is definitely rugged enough to stand up to some punishment.

McFazzer

Apr 22, 2012
Ever read Scott Westerfield's Leviathan? Well I like the titular airship from that. It's a Sky-Whale!

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
absulute said:
I always liked the USS Voyager, for it's pointlessly movable warp nacelles.

Not so pointless as you think. [http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Variable_geometry_pylon]

My personal favourite is the Federation's Sovereign class deadly and sleek and deserving far more screen time.

Captain Anon

Mar 5, 2012
for me I'm more on the high sea kind of ship and it has to be The Nemesis from POTC Armada of The Damned and it has two versions first:

and second
://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/26/1382008-ship_dreaded.jpg

I personally like the "Legendary" ship myself

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008

The Lindblum probably takes the cake. Sure, it's enormous and probably inefficient as all get out, but it looks absolutely amazing.

Exalted's Titan Citidals probably count as well. Essentially a nigh-invulnerable floating city with more plasma canons and fighter bays than is really needed. And, because this is Exalted, it can unfold into a miles-wide lens that can fire a laser so grossly overpowered that anything caught in its mile-diameter is destroyed unless it is 100% invincible. The Eye of Judgement literally does infinite damage, and survivors can only weather that with a perfect defense (defense trumping offense in Exalted). In that vein is also the Five Metal Shrike, a ship with most of that firepower but much, much smaller and more efficient (not so many energy canons, but it's shielding is perfect when active and its main gun, the Godspear of All Searing Noon, is as disruptive as the Eye of Judgement, merely more precise.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
In bed, above, or deep asleep,
what greater love lies further deep.
This dream must end,
this world must know,
we all depend on the beast below.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Well, apart from anything I can design - 'cause I'm a writer and all - there is...

The TARDIS! - Well DUH! This should be mentioned more often, but I'm only the second, apparently.

The Post-Dated Check-Loan (Petey) - Someone did a Battleplate from Shlock Mercenary? Meet the giant vessel which makes Battleplates weep and...well...spoilers if you haven't read. Point is, Petey's awesome.

The Delphinus - The large experimental airship from Skies of Arcadia. Travels all over the world and can fight off world-destroying monsters.

A Reaper from Mass Effect - Let's just face it, it's a Cthulhu-ship and it lives in strange eons.

The Ki'tang Bird-of-Prey from STO - Specifically, mine. This is something I fell in love with while playing that game. It's an evil-looking vessel with a dark reflective hull coming out of nowhere and blasting shit to pieces. Named after the vessel of the Glorft from Megas XLR, the Karajor-Hydris is a devil of a machine and a fun ride, commanded by the biggest goddamn reptile you'll ever see in a captain's chair.