Feeling sick after not eating for 14 days

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
Why do people think there are easy ways to lose weight? Pills, shakes, stupid 'diets' like these... Heck, I wouldn't even call this a diet. This is plain old starving yourself, which does a ton of damage to your body.

If you actually want to lose weight, put some damn effort into it. Seek advise from a nutritionist and put together a proper diet. Don't just starve yourself.

I followed a diet once, for a month or so. I lessened my pasta/potato/etc and meat intake and focused more on vegetables. I also halved the amount of sauce I used in my meals and refrained completely from the usual snacking I do. Plus I drank more water and ate an apple for breakfast rather than my normal sandwiches. After keeping to that I lost 5 kilos in that month. THAT'S how you do it. Not starving yourself half to death.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
D: D: D: DDDDDDDD:

Trust the guy who nearly legit died from starvation once: STOP FASTING. If you're starting to develop these symptoms, you're legitimately dying.

Go to a doctor. Now. Immediately. You might get berated. Good.

If you cannot/will absolutely not go see a doctor, then boil some white rice, salt it well and eat a quarter cup of it. Do that five times today. After that, you can go back to eating again, albeit small portions.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
busterkeatonrules said:
If somebody hasn't eaten for fourteen days, they should absolutely not be doing that. The only way they should be getting food is via a nasogastric tube in hospital, due to them probably having refeeding syndrome.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
NO. I don't care if you're 500 pounds, this isn't healthy at all. It's why you're feeling so crappy in the first place; it's your body's way of crying out for help.

Stop whatever you're doing and get to a hospital NOW. You're seriously courting death from malnutrition. What's more, trying to eat again of your own volition may be fatal as well, as you stand a good chance of suffering from refeeding syndrome at this point. You need a careful, measured intake of nutrients until your body recovers enough to start eating normally again.

And please, PLEASE go back to eating normally when this is over. Three square meals a day, 2,000 calories per day (or more, depending on your activity levels), the whole nine yards. The key to losing weight in a healthy manner is eating RIGHT and exercising, not starving oneself.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
I'll just fall in line with the choir that says you should go see a doctor as soon as humanely possible and that you should eating something right now, such as a handful of nuts, half a slice of bread or just drink half a glass of milk. Whatever you decide to eat, don't eat much of it. I've got experience with treating eating disorders and 14 days without food will seriously mess you up, both physically and mentally. And, once again, go see a doctor, because you are likely to need medical attention and help avoiding refeeding syndrome.

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
Hacks on Youtube claiming they're not eating for months and they're fine are just fucking lying. End of story. They're eating something and they're sure as shit not going to tell their viewers about it. These "air diets" are a hoax. People claiming to buy into them or teach them are regularly found to be eating food and trying to explain it away in various ways. Don't be dumb and fall for it.

If you've somehow got the willpower to drink nothing but water, just try stuffing your face full of salad and a small handful of nuts or something else super light, and then eat nothing. The difference between 0 calories and 700 is huge in terms of not dying, and small in terms of the impact on your waistline. You can eat almost nothing and still lose a fuckton of weight. It's called a diet!

And hey, even if you're fine with your body withering away to a powerless husk right before your very eyes, consider what's happening to your brain without even protein. What's more important, a thinner waistline or not having brain damage and death? Think very carefully before deciding.

BarkBarker

May 30, 2013
Eating healthily will better ignite your body into performing better, including burning fat, than any starvation or lacking diet. Eat better, not less.

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
Repeating what others here have said. I would skip on eating at home and GET TO An EMERGENCY ROOM AT ONCE!!!!! If you start eating the wrong food in the wrong way after a 14 day hard fast it might actually make things worse. Having nothing but water for that long deprives you of essential minerals. Your body will wholesale shut down without salt.

Starvation dieting will lose you muscle weight faster than fat.

Don't take advice from crazy holistic youtubers who are scamming you for views. Anyone who claims to have nothing but water for 30 days and not suffer terrible health problems is blowing smoke straight up your ass.

So go to an ER, get yourself on a feeding tube, an IV saline solution to keep your nervous system from literally shutting down and get real diet advice from real professionals in the future.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
BreakfastMan said:
I have a pill. It is called a god-damn hamburger.

But more seriously, going 14 days without eating anything is a TERRIBLE idea. Stop this shit immediately.
infohippie said:
I recommend a type of pill called a hamburger. It will do a great job of curing your condition. They're a bit large to swallow all at once, though. Fortunately they come in chewable varieties. Take one a day, with water.
What these fine gentlemen have said.

If you want to lose weight, you don't need to stop eating. Stop drinking and eating sugary things and get a little exercise. Now, water is a good appetite suppressant, but you shouldn't be going days without eating. And just because we can survive quite a while without eating doesn't mean it's good for us.

Pro tip: Gaining or losing more than 5 pounds in a week is not a good thing.

Now, you would likely be well served to talk to a counselor as well. The fact that you even thought going a month without food is a good thing makes me think you may have some sort of eating disorder or really unhealthy view of your body.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
I hope this is a joke, but with what we've all seen, you never know.

Go to a hospital. At least see a doctor. Don't eat before you do one of those.You might die. [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refeeding_syndrome]

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Ok, here's what you can do, even though I'm not really saying anything new here:

Step 1. Seek medical assistance from a real hospital/actual doctor (i.e. not some website or dimwit online health guru).
Step 2. Take their qualified advice. Follow it rigorously for as long as needed.
Step 3. Feeling better? Good! Now you can get advice from a proper medical dietitian on what diet would be healthy for you.
Step 4. Take their qualified advice. Follow it.
Optional. Dieting not enough? Exercise, preferably with assistance from a qualified instructor. Be sure to also consult with your dietitian for the best results.

Is this going to be fast? No.
Is this going to be easy? No.
Is this going to be cheap? No.
Is this going to kill you? No.
Is this going to help? Yes.

Oh, and lastly:

Step 5. Never ever, EVER FUCKING listen to anyone claiming to have some kind of miracle weight loss / detox plan. Instead, punch them in the face. The consequences of that are probably less severe in the long run than what you are doing now.

Pseudonym

Legacy
Feb 26, 2014
Country
Nederland
Are you joking? Or did you seriously not eat for 14 days? Because that is a very dangerous idea. It might get you killed. I would have thought it was obvious to anyone that not eating for days or longer was a very bad idea. Like most people before me said: seek medical advice about this immediately if you want to live. Now youtubers cannot be trusted to give you appropriate medical advice, ever. You need medical advice from an actual physician. And in the future, if you want to lose weight, talk to a real doctor about it, not youtubers or randoms online.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Starving yourself like this is very dangerous and after an extended period of time can lead to bleedings in your intestines and loss of vision. It's also pointless as your body goes into 'survival mode' when you starve yourself meaning that every calorie you do eat will be stored as fat. Or worse that your body becomes so weakened by shutting off functions to survive that it can't even get back to healthy weight. So it's very bad for your metabolism as well. You don't want to be fed with a probe.

Consult a professional dietitian when you want to lose weight and don't follow the dangerous advice of a youtube hack.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I got some questions and none of it is to help you to lose weight or continue on the dangerous path you carelessly walking on-

1 Why did you register here of all places?

2 You're on the wrong section but even then, this site is not the ideal place to discuss this to your benefit (ok not a question but whatever0.

3 What could you possibly think we would help you out with this?

4 I'm going to be blunt and say/ type, are you stupid?

5 Why are you not seeking out medical help?

Vanilla ISIS

Dec 14, 2015
MarshallNX said:
I am feeling dizzy and I have blurry vision after not eating for 14 days.
That's a perfectly normal reaction of the body after not eating for 14 days.
Your body is dying so, in order to stay alive for longer, it needs to turn off some things.
To solve this problem, start eating again.

MarshallNX said:
I want to lose weight
The body burns a little over 100 calories per hour.
To lose weight, all you need to do is eat less than that.

MarshallNX said:
I've seen people on youtube that did 30 days easily.
Have you seen them 24/7 for 30 days or just a 5 minute video every day?
You know Youtubers will lie in order to get views, right?

MarshallNX

Jul 6, 2017
Scarim Coral said:
I got some questions and none of it is to help you to lose weight or continue on the dangerous path you carelessly walking on-

1 Why did you register here of all places?

2 You're on the wrong section but even then, this site is not the ideal place to discuss this to your benefit (ok not a question but whatever0.

3 What could you possibly think we would help you out with this?

4 I'm going to be blunt and say/ type, are you stupid?

5 Why are you not seeking out medical help?
I wrote this question on two medical forums, but they are practically deserted, so I thought of this forum because it's well populated.
I know people here are not experts, but I have nothing to lose by asking, right?

MarshallNX

Jul 6, 2017
McElroy said:
Scarim Coral said:
questions
I think we've been here for long enough to give the correct answer: he's pulling a prank.
Its not a prank, although I didnt find the answer I wanted. But I guess that makes sense, no one would tell me to keep doing this. I never told about this to anyone in real life after all.

MarshallNX

Jul 6, 2017
Since I got many replies I decided to update you on my status.
I didnt eat, but I took some salt with water and today I am not as dizzy and my vision is fine.
However my head hurts, and I took a few head ache pills during the day.

I know it's bad for me, and I am unsure wheter I will continue or not, but these past two weeks I lost A LOT of weight. I was 153 kg, now I am 134. This is a huge weight loss, the fat is practically melting off me. I really want to get to at least 100 kg since I am 1.80 (5"11) so I should look decent at 100 kg.

I think I'll wait 6 more days to make it 3 weeks, and then I'll see how I feel.