Feeling sick after not eating for 14 days

Pooli

Sep 5, 2015
JoJo said:
Please consider talking to a qualified doctor, for all you know the Youtubers didn't actually stick to the diet properly. I know humans can survive a surprisingly long time without food, but this sounds really risky, there has to be a more effective way to diet.
no. no there aren't. that's the point.

Pooli

Sep 5, 2015
I've done 7 days and lost the feeling of hunger on day 5. I don't know why that happened but gift horse. Going 30 days sounds scary as hell.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
MarshallNX said:
Scarim Coral said:
I got some questions and none of it is to help you to lose weight or continue on the dangerous path you carelessly walking on-

1 Why did you register here of all places?

2 You're on the wrong section but even then, this site is not the ideal place to discuss this to your benefit (ok not a question but whatever0.

3 What could you possibly think we would help you out with this?

4 I'm going to be blunt and say/ type, are you stupid?

5 Why are you not seeking out medical help?
I wrote this question on two medical forums, but they are practically deserted, so I thought of this forum because it's well populated.
I know people here are not experts, but I have nothing to lose by asking, right?
Well are you probably have read the comments on here already, no one on here are willing to "help" you with this problem.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
MarshallNX said:
McElroy said:
Scarim Coral said:
questions
I think we've been here for long enough to give the correct answer: he's pulling a prank.
Its not a prank, although I didnt find the answer I wanted. But I guess that makes sense, no one would tell me to keep doing this. I never told about this to anyone in real life after all.
Yeah, sure. So it didn't occur to you to ask about fasting BEFORE trying this 30-day hunger strike? Not even asking the YouTube-people who apparently went through with it? Anyway, you seem to be large enough to pull it off. I don't think it's optimal, but whatever you want to try.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
MarshallNX said:
I am feeling dizzy and I have blurry vision after not eating for 14 days. I want to lose weight so I decided to do a water fast for 30 days.
Can you recommend some pill to take to make me feel a little better? I d'ont want to eat until I reach my goal. I've seen people on youtube that did 30 days easily.

PS: I'm a male
As someone who has fasted, a 30 day liquid diet is not "easy." First of all you need to consult a doctor to make sure you're getting necessary nutrients. Second of all, fasting incorrectly can kill your metabolism, hurting weight loss. And third of all, you don't start at 30 days. You build your way up. Go eat something.

Brotha Desmond

Jan 3, 2011
MarshallNX said:
Since I got many replies I decided to update you on my status.
I didnt eat, but I took some salt with water and today I am not as dizzy and my vision is fine.
However my head hurts, and I took a few head ache pills during the day.

I know it's bad for me, and I am unsure wheter I will continue or not, but these past two weeks I lost A LOT of weight. I was 153 kg, now I am 134. This is a huge weight loss, the fat is practically melting off me. I really want to get to at least 100 kg since I am 1.80 (5"11) so I should look decent at 100 kg.

I think I'll wait 6 more days to make it 3 weeks, and then I'll see how I feel.
I have to say something. Stop it now. This is coming from someone that has been there, you will develop and eating disorder this way, no matter what you think. It's an addiction. You get hooked on seeing how long you can go without eating, or on how little, and next thing you know you weigh less than 100 pounds. This is dangerous and you need to stop.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Go to the doctor ASAP and eat something. Not eating doesnt make you lose weight. It kills you.

Do not wait 6 more days. FUCKING EAT!!!

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
How old are you? Because getting advice from YouTube, very dangerous advice, is unnecessary and stupid. You are harming yourself and you need to SEE A FUCKING DOCTOR NOW!!!

Sorry this actually pissing me off! I can be nice but when i see obvious silliness and stupidity, i get pissed. Stop it now and each food.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
MarshallNX said:
I didnt eat, but I took some salt with water and today I am not as dizzy and my vision is fine.

I know it's bad for me, and I am unsure wheter I will continue or not, but these past two weeks I lost A LOT of weight. I was 153 kg, now I am 134. This is a huge weight loss, the fat is practically melting off me. I really want to get to at least 100 kg since I am 1.80 (5"11) so I should look decent at 100 kg.

Dude, go to the fucking doctor. You are seriously flirting with death here.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
MarshallNX said:

Ok, first of all, this response suggests to me that you have little knowledge of the subject matter. Everyone is telling you that it's dangerous, but you respond by pointing to your scale weight. Yes, if you're judging by the scales you'll see your absolute weight go down, but 1) it's not worth the negative effects, and 2) it's important to understand why your weight is going down. Not all weight loss is equal. After all, you'd lose 23.45 kg by chopping off a leg, but that's not coming out of the fat you're trying to get rid of.

Now, that weight loss you're so impressed by? It's not healthy. It's not what you think it is. And it's not going to last. Your body is cannibalizing itself at this point and a lot of what you're shedding is not fat. It's muscle, it's bone mass, and it's water (oddly enough). Your body burns through fat in the early stages of a fast, but after 2-3 days it shifts from using glucose (obtained largely from fatty acid breakdown) as a fuel source, to using ketone, and then to protein as a fuel source, and that comes out of your muscles. That happens in less than a week. At 14 days, you aren't burning your fat for fuel, you're burning your muscles.

While strictly speaking it is true that your weight goes down, your body is achieving this in one of the worst possible ways: getting rid of the stuff that you want to keep. Additionally, it destroys your metabolism by forcing your body to go into survival mode wherein it burns less calories in day to day activities. This means that - everything else being equal - if you eat the exact same meal before and after the fast, your body will gain more weight from the post-fast meal than it will from the pre-fast meal. When you come out of this fast your body will be even more predisposed to try and store fat than it would have been before the fast or if you'd achieved that weight the right way with healthy eating and exercise. So that fat you're so happy to be shedding? It's going to come back with a vengeance. That's not an if, that's a when.

What you're doing is an extreme crash diet, and those focus on short term effects at the cost of long term results because of this yo-yo effect. You lose a lot of weight fast, you gain a lot of weight fast, and if you're particularly stupid you take this as a sign to repeat the crash diet and the cycle repeats over and over and over...

More than anything though - and again I cannot emphasize this enough - IT IS STUPIDLY DANGEROUS!! People die pulling stunts like this.

MarshallNX said:
McElroy said:
Scarim Coral said:
questions
I think we've been here for long enough to give the correct answer: he's pulling a prank.
Its not a prank, although I didnt find the answer I wanted. But I guess that makes sense, no one would tell me to keep doing this. I never told about this to anyone in real life after all.
This is obviously not the answer you want, but it is the answer you need: SEE A DOCTOR NOW. What you're doing leads to severe medical complications and should never have been attempted without medical advice in the first place. There's a reason that everyone has been telling you to see a doctor. And if you refuse to do that, then do yourself a favor and inform your friends and family.

Pseudonym

Legacy
Feb 26, 2014
Country
Nederland
MarshallNX said:

If you have the self control to not eat for two weeks, why not use that self-control to eat less and exercise more? That way, you'll lose the weight and you don't end up hurting yourself. Now what you seem to have in restraint, you seem to lack in judgement, so just listen to nearly everyone here and talk to a doctor.

Oct 22, 2011
I'll just echo what everyone else said here:
1. GO EAT SOMETHING - not much, cause munching on whole lot of food after fasting 14 days wouldn't be healthy either. Just a little bit so you have energy to continue with point no. 2:
2. GO SEE THE DAMN DOCTOR

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
09philj said:
busterkeatonrules said:
If somebody hasn't eaten for fourteen days, they should absolutely not be doing that. The only way they should be getting food is via a nasogastric tube in hospital, due to them probably having refeeding syndrome.
I'm not saying it's the first thing that should be done. But it should definitely be done.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
MarshallNX said:
I know it's bad for me, and I am unsure wheter I will continue or not, but these past two weeks I lost A LOT of weight.
And how much of that weight loss was due to loss of fluids or muscle mass? How much are you going to gain back thanks to a reduced metabolism once you start eating again? You're trading potential organ damage and long bouts of digestive problems for what's going to prove to be temporary weight loss. Is it worth that?

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
MarshallNX said:
Probably like an emaciated corpse. Stop being stupid and go to a doctor.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
MarshallNX said:

I believe you when you say this isn't a prank, but I really really wish it had been one. Please. Don't do this to yourself.

MarshallNX

Jul 6, 2017
After reading your responses, I decided I will start eating. I will eat small portions of tomatoes or rice, not too much, so it doesn't end bad. And I will try to eat something like 1400 calories a day, this will be lower then the 2000 plus that I normally need, so hopefully I will keep losing weight.
But I won't go to a doctor because they'll probably scold me and put all sort of needles in me.

Anyway, thx for your advice.

Karathos

May 10, 2009
All you have to do to lose weight is burn more than you take in, this starving-yourself shit will kill you. You're supposed to burn away fat, not muscle tissue. When you starve, the body cannibalizes your muscles to survive. A lot of people in here are convinced this is a prank, but we're talking about a world where people kill themselves when taking a selfie with a gun to their head and forgetting to check if it's loaded.

Darwin is rolling over in his goddamn grave son. Stop it.