Female brutality - NOW WITH VIDEO!!!

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
manic_depressive13 said:
Them stupid bitches. They want equal rights but don't want to face the consequences of their violent actions! They think they can do whatever they want! Stupid women! Feminist idiots! We need to beat some sense into those whores!

The majority of posts are going to be along these lines, even though if you take careful note, not a single girl is going to support that individual's actions. She should be prosecuted and thrown into prison, just as any male should if he did that to a person. Ideally, no one should hit anyone. If someone becomes violent, they should be subdued, not attacked in return, and then they should be charged for their crimes. This applies regardless of sex or gender. If women are getting more lenient sentences, this should be immediately rectified, and any proper feminist would agree with me. Also, why didn't the people who filmed that shit try to help?

Along with the misogynistic comments in this thread, people are going to cite a social experiment in which they got two actors, one male and one female, and had the girl beat on the guy. Many people walked by without trying to help. They will argue that this is some sort of reverse sexism, but they would do well to note that in the end it was not men who helped the lad, but a few women who called her out. The gender roles that perpetuate the idea that men are stronger or more capable than women are the result of a male dominated society which seeks to promulgate its power. Feminism wishes to erase these gender roles so that everyone is seen as equal and judged on their own merits, as individuals.

Someone will also post a video by someone called the "AmazingAtheist" on youtube. That guy is a fucking idiot and you are merely discrediting your argument.
predicting evidence does not disprove it. I agree with most of what you say, but getting an INB4 on an argument does not make it irrelevant. so WHY is the 'amazingathiest' a 'fucking idiot'?

intheweeds

Apr 6, 2011
Okay this is crazy.

I'm a woman. I understand that it's just the way it is that a man can't just come up and stop her for the same reason that guy would have been looked at as an ass if he tried to hit her back, but look how many women were there! Not one of them thought to stop this woman?

If it were a man doing this to a woman, he wouldn't have got two hits in before three guys tackled him and held him for police, I would wager. Do the women here think this is okay? Or perhaps they are afraid to intervene? What the fuck, how does this video go on this long?

PontiusTM

Nov 2, 2010
That guy really earned my respect. I surely never saw such an amount of patience and self-control. And yes indeed he (morally seen) should have smacked her, yet (legally seen) it was more than wise not to, because even the legal system still is not free of sexism at all. That woman - if he punched her - would have sued and won, just BECAUSE she is a woman. We life in a sad, hypocrite world.

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
HardkorSB said:
Just watch this, simply incredible:

Well yeah. People are brutal to each other regardless of sex, race, age, etc. It's not acceptable for anyone to do it so I dunno why you singled out women as being ore brutal. The fact of the matter is simply that they are no more, no less brutal than men, men just tend to be a lot less likely to report it out of fear that no one will believe them or that they will be seen as weak for being beaten up by their girlfriend.

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
Cheating on someone is wrong, no matter the reason in my opinion. If he did that, I can understand that she's pissed. I would say that she has the right to be pissed.

But seriously lady, what's wrong with you? You beat up your boyfriend on a public train and then you attack the officers arresting you? I get that you're mad, but have some damn sense. Of course the cops were gonna show up, don't attack them, that will only make things worse for you.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Mallefunction said:
HardkorSB said:
Just watch this, simply incredible:

Well yeah. People are brutal to each other regardless of sex, race, age, etc. It's not acceptable for anyone to do it so I dunno why you singled out women as being ore brutal. The fact of the matter is simply that they are no more, no less brutal than men, men just tend to be a lot less likely to report it out of fear that no one will believe them or that they will be seen as weak for being beaten up by their girlfriend.
Maybe it's important to point it out when women are violent because there seems to be this public attitude that only men are violent. In the US we have the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), not the Act Against Domestic Violence and not a separate act to protect men. See the bias? See why it's important to counter what feminism has taught in the last 50 years?

In fact, I would bet that this attitude that only men are violent is why this women felt secure in beating this man. She knew he probably wouldn't fight back and if he did, he would be in violation of VAWA. Had she thought there was equality and that he would have knocked her on her ass, maybe she wouldn't have hit him.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
The dude isnt showing self control out of some form of Chivalry, the dude is showing self control because of Guilt.

He cheated on her, and the only way she found to deal with her frustration and anger was to beat the crap out of him. Was it smart? No. Was it rational? No. Was it even Justified? nope.

But seriously what course of action did she have left?

there is no legislation available to protect people in this position.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
i find it saddening that there's a twitter feed and youtube called Train Fights.

Adellebella

Sep 9, 2011
saruman31 said:
hahah:D but the chance of getting robbed is pretty slim and the robber being a girl is close to 0
I'm going to find you, rob you, then give you your stuff back and go "HAH!!".

'Cause I can get spiteful.

boag said:
The dude isnt showing self control out of some form of Chivalry, the dude is showing self control because of Guilt.

He cheated on her, and the only way she found to deal with her frustration and anger was to beat the crap out of him. Was it smart? No. Was it rational? No. Was it even Justified? nope.

What course of action did she have left? Drop his ass on the curb, not make a fool of herself.

Listen, I'm sure a few of us have been cheated on, or not treated very nicely by a significant other. That's no excuse for acting like an animal.

And who's to say this is her first time acting out like this? She seems like the type that'd explode and kick this guy around at the littlest thing.

The guy looks scummy, but then again the girl doesn't look too ladylike either.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
boag said:

He probably didn't defend himself because he knew if he did he would go to jail.

BRex21

Sep 24, 2010
Colour-Scientist said:
I don't even understand how equal rights came into the equation. She hit the guy and was put down forcefully by the police, what else would people have liked to happen? If the people (both men and women) on the train were in any way decent they would have stopped her, but they didn't, that's on them.
She will be put through legal punishments, the same as a man would have been if he had been in that position.
Its not so much this one video, but rather a greater social phenomena that causes this debate. The place equal rights comes in is exactly that she WON'T get the same legal punishments that a man would. By and large the western world gives women shorter punishments, in nicer facilities and more frequent conditional sentences. In fact Britain is currently looking at eliminating womens prisons all together.
We also have a tendency to justify female violence. IE "well he cheated." even when there is no evidence to support it.
Its also an equal rights issue directly because of the stark contrast of how this would have been handled had it been a woman assaulted by a man. Namely No one would have been laughing. We are simply better human beings when women are being harmed.
Its especially a rights issue when governments impose laws that demand that, in the event of domestic violence, the man be arrested. Essentially criminalizing BEING ASSAULTED. Many European countries and US states have laws specifically like that and these laws have been lobbied for by feminists.
Its also an equality issue that despite suffering 40-45% of all domestic violence injuries and are victims of approximately 70% of all nonreciprocal partner violence men in the states have a whopping 0% access to state funded domestic violence programs.
This is just another stark reminder of a very serious issue and people have a right to be angry.

Sep 24, 2008
Whoa. I had a lot to say. my two tangent points will be spoilered for the tl;dr crowd. If said format is against the rules, please pm me to change it and I will comply.

Addressing the actual reason for this thread, I'm going to put out a scenario.

You video me shoot someone in the head, killing him. You hear me yell "DO YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST DO THAT TO SOMEONE AND GET AWAY WITH IT?!"

He could have raped my daughter. He could have slept with my wife. he could have fired me. He could have hit my car. He could have cut in front of me in the line. He could just look like a guy I wanted to shoot.

There. You have your reasons. You sympathize with some. I'm a murderer with others.

But the point of fact... I'm a murderer with all. No matter what he did: we arrest, try, and convict with the evidence at hand. If something criminal comes up later, we arrest him too. But barring that, her reasons and justifications are moot because she broke the law that we are all governed under.

We want a just society, so we have these laws and set of rules to PREVENT us literally getting away with murder just because our feelings got hurt. Whatever dick move he did to her (and I'm assuming it's a big one), if he did not present any cause for her to defend herself and indeed if she fought him off to the point where he wasn't being aggressive any more... what she did was grossly illegal.

Hell, look up those judge shows. See how Judge Judy acts when the defense is 'Well, he pissed me off'. That person almost always automatically loses the case because a.) she just admitted it, and b.) she has no legal justification for her acts. Emotions do not enter into it, or wife beaters can say "Well she made me angry!!". Yeah, have fun telling that to your new cellmate, using that as a justification as why you shouldn't be there.

The thread as become really what Manicdepressive13 (no offense to you, I don't know you from Adam) stated. Those who agree, those who seemingly point out his view.

Being impartial with these forums, I'll admit that at first it did look bad. Then I remembered the thousands of posts I read in my years here. And I've come to conclude that it wasn't sexist... this is just how the Escapist talks. To both Genders. to Religious people. To Politicians. to Game Developers. Insulting terms based on something, anger on how the situation went down because how it was perceived to be unjust, and how they would react in the situation.

Really. I challenge anyone to go find a hot button issue thread and see if the formula doesn't ring true for all of them, or at least 95% of them.

The perceived misogyny is really just par for the course with the forums. Subject made me angry, curse words, this is what I would have done. If you substitute black guy for angry woman, yeah, the choice of wordage would have been different because the N-word is a racist term and you can get banned for that, but I'm sure they would have been creative, said something about wanting equal rights (in this situation, assume the ginger was being beaten and the black guy said 'You can't call us that!!!'), and how they would have defended themselves even though they aren't racist.

Lastly, to the 'why didn't anyone help' question, I've actually been in a situation just like that. Point of fact, it was in a party and I arrived on the scene to see my boy on the floor, my other friend restraining a girl while her girlfriends were yelling at him to let her go and that my friend on the floor deserved it. Time passes, cops come, and question the girlfriends, and the few bystanders who weren't related to the situation. The more common story (told by the girlfriends because they supported one another and the cops didn't separate them to get individual stories) was the guy did something to the girl, she defended himself, and our friend came to help him out when my other friend lost.

They went to jail. Made me gun shy, I'll admit it. And logically, no one there seems to know the couple, but I don't want to come to aid and have people say 'I don't really know what happened', and then get trotted off the police office to sort the whole mess out.

But what REALLY made me gun shy is I had a fight with my girl in Montreal once. I was so angry, I wanted to call back home to stay there for a couple of weeks. I live in New York, and my area code is 914. I was so angry, I misdialed 911. I hung up, called my home, and that was that. So I thought.

Twenty minutes later, we're just calming down and we got a knock on the door. It was the police. We try to say it was a mistake, but tears on her face and weariness in my eyes showed that there was something happening. so, he warned us about misdialing, and he said if it happened again, someone here would have to go to jail. Then he looked at me and said it would most likely be me because in these situations, common belief is that males are the aggressor and I would have to go while they sort it all out.

Do not want jail for being male in the situation.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
aba1 said:
I gotta ask why is nobody helping that guy?
Simple answer, because he's a guy. Yes, there is a double standard in regards to women hitting men.