Female Link May Appear In Hyrule Warriors For 3DS - Rumor

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Female Link May Appear In Hyrule Warriors For 3DS - Rumor

A bow featured in the leaked Hyrule Warriors for 3DS trailer might imply that Linkle, the female "sister-like" Link, is making an official appearance.

The Legend of Zelda may have <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/game-theory/9239-Why-the-Official-Zelda-Timeline-is-Wrong>one of the most convoluted timelines in all of gaming, but some things never change - there's always a Link, a Princess, and identical weapons that barely change from game to game. But now that screenshots for a leaked Hyrule Warriors 3DS port are online, rumors are spreading about a fairly unique change: Letting Link be a woman. Or to be more specific, reintroducing Linkle, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/136795-Did-Hyrule-Warriors-Art-Book-Reveal-Female-Link>the female version of Link who was almost included in Hyrule Warriors' Wii U release.

Linkle first appeared in the Hyrule Warrior art book, where she carried a red and silver bow. The text explained that Linkle would have been a "little sister-like" Link - potentially a sibling from one of Zelda's timelines - but she wasn't included in the finished game. Skip ahead to present day, just after the Hyrule Warriors 3DS trailer was leaked, and that exact same bow is tucked into the final character screen.

Now in fairness, since Linkle herself isn't in the trailer or screenshots, her 3DS debut is just a rumor. But her inclusion would be a promising addition to Hyrule Warriors that helps it stand out from the Wii u original. It would also be the first official in-game appearance of a female Link, a pretty significant milestone despite being a non-canonical Zelda title.

Whatever the case may be, Nintendo will likely have official comments to Linkle and Hyrule Warriors for 3DS at E3.

Source: <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-11-nintendo-fans-think-female-link-is-in-hyrule-warriors-3ds>Eurogamer

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
if she is in the 3DS version I hope her name is changed to Aryll and not Linkle which sounds totally stupid

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Is it bad im more excited that Tetra is playable?

Great news tho I havnt gotten a new game on my 3ds in a while

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Shiftygiant said:
Almost certain this was news about 6 months back. But hey, if female Link is real, cool.
We first heard about this character a while back, but this is the first hint that she might make it into the 3DS version.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I think this'd be a good thing, personally. We've been clamoring for this for a while, this might lead to a main series game with a female Link, maybe this will lead into that.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Hey, another selling point. Now I just have to scrounge up the cash for a 3DS. Here's hoping she's one of the characters you can add the the WiiU version.

(Why are warriors games system sellers for me? It makes no sense.)

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
So if they're just gender-swapping Link does that mean that there could also be a male Zelda?

I don't expect them to be mainstays though, or that they'll even get a few side games. The series drops and re-uses characters all the time, and most are retired. It would be kind of cool if they were, though.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Just to point this out, this whole thing stems from a weapon flashed in a trailer for the game and an absurd level of conjecture, to the point that it makes Game Theory's conspiracy laded concepts appear sane. It's on par to the rumors that Nintendo was teasing Mario and Peach getting married because of a game shot of Mario kneeling before Peach and she's wearing a ring, ignoring the fact that the ring is simply part of her Smash 4 design and the picture was just showing off what can be done in the game if you're creative enough. Whole lot of conjecture and assumptions based around the flimsiest of evidence.

If it happens great, but if it doesn't, don't run around screaming "Nintendo lied to us" when the only lying being done is occuring in your own minds.

totheendofsin

some asshole made me set this up
Jul 31, 2009
I'm still bitter they didn't include Onyx and Veran(?) from the oracle games

Also Linkle should be name Aryll if she's going to be Link's little sister

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Leonardo Huizar said:
$5 says that certain group of critics are going to call this 'pandering' and 'Ms. Man-ing'
But it is pandering. The whole freaking game is pandering and fanservice (mostly tasteful if you ask me). Did you even play the game?

And I'm one of the people who have a problem with this. 80% of the freaking roaster are female character. Is it really necessary to fuck up an existing character and genderswap him? No amount of "it's not Link, it's his sister" won't make this any better since it's obviously Link genderswapped.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
BiH-Kira said:
Leonardo Huizar said:
$5 says that certain group of critics are going to call this 'pandering' and 'Ms. Man-ing'
But it is pandering. The whole freaking game is pandering and fanservice (mostly tasteful if you ask me). Did you even play the game?

And I'm one of the people who have a problem with this. 80% of the freaking roaster are female character. Is it really necessary to fuck up an existing character and genderswap him? No amount of "it's not Link, it's his sister" won't make this any better since it's obviously Link genderswapped.
How exactly does it 'fuck up an exisiting character'? In what way does it ruin Link?

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Leonardo Huizar said:
The trope is called, Ms. Male Character, according to a 'certain' individual.

DrOswald

Apr 22, 2011
BiH-Kira said:
Leonardo Huizar said:

I don't think this is about getting another female, I think it is about the big is link a girl this time thing that happened with the newest zelda reveal trailer. Nintendo became aware that a gender swapped link was something their fans wanted, so they put it in a side game to test the idea out.

The male to female ratio has nothing to do with it.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Secondhand Revenant said:
BiH-Kira said:
Leonardo Huizar said:

How exactly does it 'fuck up an exisiting character'? In what way does it ruin Link?
It stops being Link? How does it not fuck up a character to just gender swap him/her?

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
I can see this happening since HW isn't really canon AFAIK. (You can bet though, someone figured out a few good spots in the time line trident to fit it.) Although, would there really be much of a difference between the two (except fem Link is rockin' what appears to be zettai ryouiki in that concept art)?

Really for the main series, I'd rather see Link captured (Mah boi!) or corrupted before he could get the Triforce of Courage, and Zelda is the hero that has to rescue him and stop [insert whatever blight currently threatens Hyrule here].
GZGoten said:
if she is in the 3DS version I hope her name is changed to Aryll and not Linkle which sounds totally stupid
Yes, please change the name at least in the localized releases. Linkle sounds like a toddler trying to say the phrase "taking a leak."

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
BiH-Kira said:
Secondhand Revenant said:
BiH-Kira said:
Leonardo Huizar said:

It stops being Link? How does it not fuck up a character to just gender swap him/her?
That's not how it works. See by default things do not just fuck up a character. You have to, y'know, actually have a reason aside from 'because'? That's like asserting that new shoes would fuck Link up then asking how it doesn't when someone asks how it does. By default it doesn't.

It's just a new Link.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
BiH-Kira said:
a gender swap Link won't ruin the character
Linkle/Aryll having the same fighting style or looking an awful lot like her brother that comes from the same mom and dad isn't that rare.

Remember this is a fusion of different Zelda universes and timelines, so it could easily be explained as in her world she inherited the Triforce of Courage from the previous hero and everyone else in her world is normal, Ganondorf is the king of the Gerudo and Zelda is the queen/princess of Hyrule. The triforce simply chose someone else from the hero's descendants

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
The 3DS version better not get features and characters not in the WiiU title. I'll be so mad. But... Hyrule Warriors is so fun, it may be worth buying to have on the go anyway. We'll see what happens I guess.