Fictional characters you'd date for non-physical reasons

mateushac

Apr 4, 2010
I'd definitely date Alyx from HL2 or Ves from The Witcher 2, especially for their independent sort of personality, this kind of thing totally turns me on.

(actually I was decided on not cheating on Triss, but Ves just made me do it. I guess it was the hardest choice I made in that whole playthrough)

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Saber from Fate/Stay Night; you come out of that visual novel with a crush on Saber and totally Gar for Archer.

waj9876

Jan 14, 2012
Well, since you took the one I would have said OP (Misery), I'd have to go with...Shampoo from Ranma1/2. While, admittedly she is very attractive, so are all the other female characters. Hell, the MAIN character is more attractive, and he's male most of the time. There's just something about the bubbly, perky characters I like. (Obviously less than the depressing/depressed characters, as the one I would have said first was Misery.)

Side Note: Is the growing interest I've seen around the internet about Misery an indication the show is getting more popular since coming to Netflix? If so, that is awesome.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
SckizoBoy said:
Haydee from le Comte de Monte Cristo

... do I need to justify my position?
...Um? I'd like to hear this one. Haydee didn't really do anything. Or say much of anything either. In fact she only had 4 scenes in the entire book that I can remember: 1. Speaking with the count when they first arrive in Paris. He offers her freedom and she dismisses it. 2. She recounts her history to Albert. 3. The Hearing (you know which one). 4. And the ending, where she says she loves the count.

I mean really that's it. She doesn't really have a personality per se. She's just kind of there.

oh, and 5. when she asks the count not to let himself be killed in a duel.

I guess I just don't see what's to like there.

... or were you referring to a different version than the original book?

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
April Ryan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Longest_Journey

in the first game she's a curious goof, and i like that type
also she has a wise cracking sidekick bird
what else do you want?
oh, and she's smart ( or really dumb, seeing as you have to do the puzzles...?? )

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
Morrigan from Dragon Age: Origins. Sarcastic? Check. Atheist? Check. Intelligent? Check. Masterful controller of the arcane? Check. Yes please.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
Zia, from the Bastion. The girl could use some company, in this situation, I guess I could be the Kid. And then Rucks would get to narrate it all...
Generic Princess from Medieval 2: Total War. Getting into the royal family might be nice, but god forbid that my player decides to send me on a suicide run...
Jaina from Warcraft. She's smart and throws fireballs around. *Shrug* I mean, if she's not busy being sad over Arthas... Hey, my avatar!
Haruhi Suzamiya's randomness might actually get me to do things besides waste my time on the internet.
Konata from Lucky Star: From the few episodes I've watched and the short youtube clips, Konata's otaku lifestyle would compliment my own.
And who can forget most of the cast of Katawa Shoujo?

Possibly more to come later, but I'm not that big on relationships at this point in my life... I mean, I got college coming up to seperate us, and I've never really had one before (disregarding one strange issue involving two girls liking me at the same time and me being indecisive, and then chosing one and recieving no response from that one, and the other going further...nyet.). So, as a purely hypothetical situation, those would be my current choices.

communist dwarf

Oct 17, 2011
Lilly from Katawa Shouju. I would date her because she is the perfect mix of calm and crazy, but in subtle ways just like me... then there is Morrigan from DA:O, though she can be a *****.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
communist dwarf said:
Lilly from Katawa Shouju. I would date her because she is the perfect mix of calm and crazy, but in subtle ways just like me... then there is Morrigan from DA:O, though she can be a *****.
If I were to pick any of the girls from Katawa Shoujo, I'd probably go for either Hanako because again I love the shy, quiet types, or Emi because she's grown on me a lot. I just find her so incredibly adorable. Plus she could probably whip me into shape.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Sniper and Engineer from TF2, one because he's like the world's coolest Big Bro (Engie) and I love Sniper's Aussie accent. It's seriously hot. I am also somewhat standoffish, so I know what he's like. Oh, and the Pyro, because what's not to love about a mumbling psychopath who loves to set things on fire? Let the whole world burn!

BaconBitz04

Dec 1, 2009
Playing through Red Dead Redepmtion, it almost made me sad John didn't end up with Bonnie. Who doesn't like a woman who can take care of her and her own while still being generous and kind.

Ravinoff

Elite Member
Legacy
May 31, 2012
Country
Canada
Merril from Dragon Age 2. I find her totally adorable, and I'll never understand why anyone else I talk to about this game liked Anders more.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
Fumi Kanno
She is great with computers and is a complete computer nerd!
I'd probably fear for my life dating Fumi due to her love for...experiments.

I think I'd go with Io Nitta from the same game.
She's smart, studious, and kind. Might not express her opinions very well, but that's just a minor issue.

Hypno-Sheep

Jan 25, 2012
Garrus Vakarian from the mass effect series. Whilst playing through i thought he was the only one of the crew that i would actually trust with my life, if i was in a galaxy saving life or death situation.

217not237

Nov 9, 2011
Garrus Vakarian-- no, wait, that's because he's sexy, so it doesn't count...

Aragorn-- no...

Akihiko Sanada-- no...

Um...

Eric Draven? Maybe? Oh, I know, Will Grayson!

Dejanus

Jul 15, 2010
I got a few, I guess.

Saber from Fate/Stay Night stands out. I find her sense of honor and duty simultaneously admirable and tragic in equal measure. Seriously, what a great character. Its a testament to the quality of that visual novel that my computer backgrounds went from 100% Warhammer 40k to 50% Warhammer and 50% Saber. Just stuck in my mind. That and I cannot resist a woman who uses a sword like an artist does a brush.

Leliana from Dragon Age. A genuinely sweet, good-natured person. Also an extremely talented killer, but that's hardly a negative in my book. The world would be a much better place if all the dangerous people were as nice as her. Also, french accent.

There are plenty more, to be honest. But we could be here all day...

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
Kaylee from Firefly. She's just got the perfect kind of personality. Sweet and slightly innocent, but not completely naive or anything. And mostly up-front about how she feels, so there wouldn't be that guessing game like with many girls. Plus she's got that engi-nerd thing going, so we'd have that in common. Of course, there are physical reasons too, but I won't bring them into this thread. :p

Rai^3

Jul 25, 2009
Kaylee Frye (Firefly)

Seriously, watch any episode of Firefly and try telling me this young lady doesn't melt your heart.

Olivia, the chick from God Hand

Owait, nonphysical. Nevermind.