Fill Out Surveys, Earn Cash and Win Videogames!

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
I got my e-mail for my CD download.

What a waste of time (For me, at least). I care not for JRPGs nor Japanese games (Nor those inspired by Japanese games). Sigh.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Well I got my music. Whilst I'm not a big fan of a lot of the music on there... it's free... I live by a 'don't turn down free stuff' motto.

EDIT: I will say that the Cowboy Bebop intro is fucking sweet :D

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
I signed up, filled all my details and got all the "Completion Bars" to 100% and I still havent received any invites to surveys yet.

Does anyone know how much you actually get per survey? Though the nature of the questions have been covered above, I still dont see how knowing my cell phone provider or which bank I use, what year and model of car I drive etc will help clarify a target demographic for gaming.

Going by the range of polls you see along the bottom of the section, it seems to be asking me questions based on all the info Ive entered, right down to what products I use to wash my face with.

This is starting to seem like some whole big dodgy marketing scam to gather information to provide targeted advertising as opposed to get our honest reviews on games but Ill give it a chance for a few days (or to see if I actually get any survey invites!)

Neferius

Sep 1, 2010
Is this for Subscribers only, or can any Escapist partake?

Also, when I click on the banner I get a "403 Access-Denied" Server-Error ...what gives? :(

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Neferius said:
Is this for Subscribers only, or can any Escapist partake?

Also, when I click on the banner I get a "403 Access-Denied" Server-Error ...what gives? :(
Anyone can. Sometime it does that to me, but I just give it a few mins and try again later.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
dududf said:
lacktheknack said:
dududf said:
My scam senses are tingling.
*Edit

It's a scam. Not big surprise.
Proof?

Please hurry, I wanna know if I should unsign.
It says it will delete all your information when you close your account.

Yet when you close your account it essentially says it will hold onto all of your information in case you want to join again.

Secondly, you only get the money by telling them everything about you, in alarming detail. We're talking illnesses, to type of car, to where you live, if certain members in your family have medical conditions e.t.c.

Even when you do fill out everything 100% you still do not get the survey that gives you money.

Fourthly, if you magically get the survey, they don't pay you cash, merely credits.

Also the free offer of music seems to be bullshit.

Is that enough information for you? I can go on.
Well... shit. Oh well.

Shihoudani

Oct 3, 2009
VanityGirl said:
Shihoudani said:
$1.10 pending from only doing three surveys during my free time in less the 24 hours. That's not bad at all. Waiting the 2 or 4 weeks isn't that big of a deal, considering how much pending I COULD have by then... that's if the surveys come at a steady pace.
I haven't gotten any surveys to take thus far, how have you been able to take so many?

:(
Well once I signed up, there were four surveys. One is the buggy survey everyone has mentioned here, the other three I was able to finish. One only got a partial payment because I wasn't the type of person they wanted for the survey. Finished the other two, and I received another survey yesterday. Only thing I can think of on how I got them is that I filled out the additional information they wanted. My profile is 99% complete (Because I won't give them my phone number until I'm satisfied it's all completely legitimate.)

On a positive note I also received my free music CD so everything The Escapist has said is true.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
stranamente said:
It appears that my account is currently suspended on suspicion of fraud, even though my profile is complete and I didn't do anything else beside it.
You too? I did like 75% of one survey, was told I wasn't right for it and here's a $.10 consolation prize, and then when I logged in today even THAT was gone because of suspected fraud! And have yet to see any music appear either.

S1stemat3K

Mar 20, 2010
When The Escapist tells me to jam a fork into my eye I ain't doing that either. You won't see a cent from a survey site.

Caffiene

Jul 21, 2010
Its been 3 days now since I fully filled out the profiles (except my mobile number), and still havent got a single survey invite.

Waste of time.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Eh, I think I'm deleting my account, The amount of info I had to give is ridiculous and I still haven't gotten surveys to fill out. Maybe it isn't a scam, but I refuse to trust this anymore.

Shihoudani

Oct 3, 2009
Formica Archonis said:
stranamente said:
It appears that my account is currently suspended on suspicion of fraud, even though my profile is complete and I didn't do anything else beside it.
You too? I did like 75% of one survey, was told I wasn't right for it and here's a $.10 consolation prize, and then when I logged in today even THAT was gone because of suspected fraud! And have yet to see any music appear either.
It could be that you entered info in the survey that doesn't match your profile. Surveys often times will ask you for info you gave in your profile to verify you're the right person. If you give any info that doesn't match, the survey will probably drop you and flag the account.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Shihoudani said:
Formica Archonis said:
stranamente said:
It could be that you entered info in the survey that doesn't match your profile. Surveys often times will ask you for info you gave in your profile to verify you're the right person. If you give any info that doesn't match, the survey will probably drop you and flag the account.
It'd be nice if they said that on the screen.:/

Shihoudani

Oct 3, 2009
Formica Archonis said:
Shihoudani said:
Formica Archonis said:
stranamente said:
It'd be nice if they said that on the screen.:/
Hehe.. yeah it doesn't look like they generally say it in such a direct fashion, though it seems like it's hinted at. It's the only reason I could see why you'd be suspended like that.
So far everything has been decent. In a couple days I'll give a follow up post on here with some results maybe. How much pending, are survey's plentiful... etc. :)

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
Spinwhiz said:
You don't need a credit card. They give you a pre-paid debit card with money on it so you can spend it wherever you like.
Thanks for the info!
Now that I've got my drivers licence and no money for gas I guess I have nothing better to do than check this survey stuff properly. Sweet!

ThatJagoGuy

Feb 11, 2009
Pfffft! No!!

Sorry, Escapist, but, as a consumer psychologist, you have just plummeted in my estimation. Games companies know who we are - they know full well the demographic their individual titles are appealing to. They don't need to know where we work, how much we earn, etc.

GAMERS IN PREDOMINANTLY 16-25 YEAR OLD MALES SHOCKER!!

Sure, EA may might buy the odd bit of info every 3 years, but this information is also sold to other companies - companies with nothing to do with the gaming industry - companies like the one that keeps ringing my friend to sell him speedboat insurance (he has never owned a water-craft of any description).

My information is my information. You ain't having it. Shame on you for tarnishing your years of good work and exploiting your loyal fans.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
ThatJagoGuy said:
Pfffft! No!!

Sorry, Escapist, but, as a consumer psychologist, you have just plummeted in my estimation. Games companies know who we are - they know full well the demographic their individual titles are appealing to. They don't need to know where we work, how much we earn, etc.

GAMERS IN PREDOMINANTLY 16-25 YEAR OLD MALES SHOCKER!!

Sure, EA may might buy the odd bit of info every 3 years, but this information is also sold to other companies - companies with nothing to do with the gaming industry - companies like the one that keeps ringing my friend to sell him speedboat insurance (he has never owned a water-craft of any description).

My information is my information. You ain't having it. Shame on you for tarnishing your years of good work and exploiting your loyal fans.
As a "consumer psychologist" you also know that game companies use more than a general demographic when creating and promoting their games. Much like focus groups, this is a way for different publishers to also find trends with their data, which allows them to innovate gameplay, forecast sales and make sure the consumers are getting the games they like. Also, different publishers are looking for different information, so a broad sweep of assumed demographic consumer behaviors does not work.

Also, advertisers are more likely to go after the 18-34 demographic than the 16-25 demographic you have mentioned.

As an added note, VGMarkets does not sell your information to anyone else. So, you won't be getting phone calls, emails or anything else from any outside company. We wouldn't group up with someone who would sell your information.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
lacktheknack said:
Well... shit. Oh well.
The information that you read from a member on this site was skewed towards opinion and not fact, in which I had posted my rebuttal to it. We would not put any of our members and this is a complete safe Survey partnership between us and VGMarkets. If you have any questions, please PM me. Some people on this thread are believing others' OPINIONS instead of actual fact.