Film These Heroes!

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
[b/]BY THE HOARY HORDES OF HOGGOTH![/b]
I fully approve of Doctor Strange... except they HAVE mad movies of him. They weren't great. So wouldn't that effect marvel's ability to make a Doctor Strange?

[spoiler/] Also hasn't he lost his power to Brother Voodoo?[/spoiler]

Grigori361

Apr 6, 2009
There was a Detective Chimp reference in VTMB and I thought it was just the fat ass police officer "chunk" being an idiot.

I'm not sure what to think, that's pretty damn funny.

MisterMojo

Aug 28, 2009
Pugiron said:
Ok I was like "green Arrow? The Gayer-Batman?" Then I saw the rest of your list and I realized, "Ohhh, Bon is trying to join the ranks of the Hippster Douchebags that only like things ironically." All these heroes would suck as much ass as Aquaman in a movie of their own. Green Arrow, &*^%&

Are you out of your god damn mind? Oh, wait, I get it. You're one of those Hipster Douchebags that doesn't think for themselves and hates GA/Aquaman because everyone else does. Granted, I've never been one of those people who hate GA and Aquaman to begin with, but in the past ten years DC has actually made a pretty strong effort at strengthening these characters. I mean, as far as GA is concerned, look at the storylines that came into play after he died. First there was the resurrection by Hal Jordan (while Hal was still Parallax, but just before he reignited the sun during Final Night), then his (for lack of a better term) quest to regain his identity. Then you have the multiple attempts by high-level assassins like Deathstroke, Drakon, and Merlyn to put him under ground for good before blowing up half of Star City; the retreat to the island where GA, the (at the time) new Speedy, and his son basically trained their asses off to become better than they ever were (including studying under Natas, the assassin that trained Deathstroke) so that they didn't have to rely strictly on the bow and gimmick arrows; dealing with the Red Hood when he came back into the picture; and at least twenty other badass events.

And don't even get me started on why its stupid to hate Aquaman.

J234

Sep 5, 2008
He might not be a superhero per say, but Spider Jerusalem in a Transmetropolitan movie could be interesting. It could be a great chance for some hopefully well-done intense parody of society and pop culture, though I can't imagine a good director for something as insane as it'd have to be...Quentin...Tarantino? Or whoever directed Fight Club..David Fincher, yeah I think he'd do a good job.

Luke Cartner

May 6, 2010
I'm curious why the Sandman and other Neil Gaiman creations dont get a look in.
I know Constantine was awful, but in all fairness that movie had very little in common with the Hellblazer comics.

gamer_parent

Jul 7, 2010
Souplex said:
No mention of Atomic Robo? Have you just not heard of it or something? Go read it! Now!

I'm sold just on that image alone. I don't even know what the comic is about. But it's got a robot, and he can go nuclear. What's not to like?

Vect

Jul 22, 2009
If they're gonna make an Ant-Man film, I'd like Eric O'Grady (AKA The Irredeemable Ant-Man) be a character. While Pym's having his own adventures, he's a SHIELD mook in the background that you can tell has a pretty sucky life (gets yelled at by Sam L. Fury for messing up coffee or one another). I can imagine the film's Obligatory Stinger be that Eric steals the Ant-Man suit as a Fuck You to everyone.

BoosterGold

Jul 21, 2010
Joe Matsuda said:
Simriel said:
Joe Matsuda said:
hmmmmmm....A Booster Gold movie?

.....how should I put this lightly?.....

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!
I heartily endorse this statement, but know what would be better? A movie of The Blue and The Gold.
Holy sweet baby Jesus...that is this smartest thing I have heard anyone say in the history of ever...

and the best part of it is:

at this rate, we have our selves a Justice League International moive in the works...
Or even Better a SuperBuddies movie

Applejack

Aug 1, 2010
Sylocat said:
I realize there are way too few comics with female protagonists, but there are at least a couple of superheroines who have gotten their own series. You could at least have picked a few.

(granted, quite a few of them have been filmed already, and most of the movies were awful, but that's hardly the comic's fault)
The current Powergirl series is really good. It's only up to issue 15 so now is a good time to start reading.

Joe Matsuda

Aug 24, 2009
BoosterGold said:
Joe Matsuda said:
Simriel said:
Joe Matsuda said:
hmmmmmm....A Booster Gold movie?

.....how should I put this lightly?.....

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!
I heartily endorse this statement, but know what would be better? A movie of The Blue and The Gold.
Holy sweet baby Jesus...that is this smartest thing I have heard anyone say in the history of ever...

and the best part of it is:

at this rate, we have our selves a Justice League International moive in the works...
Or even Better a SuperBuddies movie
If I knew how to say "Hell yeah!" in a dozen other languages, I would right now, just to emphasize the awesomeness of that film idea

ZetaAnime

Jul 21, 2010
Ah 2012 is really going to be promising for super hero movies cause with all the avengers fans out there this is really big. And since the dark knight did so well the new one should be better and more bad ass. And one thing about the avenger who doesn't want to see all there favorite super heroes together on the big screen and if they can capture the same feel you get when reading the comic book it will be even better, cause who doesn't want to see Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow?
TIMBAP_AJR

BoosterGold

Jul 21, 2010
That would be me
ZetaAnime said:
Ah 2012 is really going to be promising for super hero movies cause with all the avengers fans out there this is really big. And since the dark knight did so well the new one should be better and more bad ass. And one thing about the avenger who doesn't want to see all there favorite super heroes together on the big screen and if they can capture the same feel you get when reading the comic book it will be even better, cause who doesn't want to see Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow?
TIMBAP_AJR
that would be me, can't stand her. want a good actress to play Black widow

TetsuoKaneda

Feb 11, 2009
J234 said:
He might not be a superhero per say, but Spider Jerusalem in a Transmetropolitan movie could be interesting. It could be a great chance for some hopefully well-done intense parody of society and pop culture, though I can't imagine a good director for something as insane as it'd have to be...Quentin...Tarantino? Or whoever directed Fight Club..David Fincher, yeah I think he'd do a good job.
Only if they use Patrick Stewart. He was originally slated to play Spider, Ellis gave his full approval, and now I can't see anyone else doing it.

Luke Cartner said:
I'm curious why the Sandman and other Neil Gaiman creations dont get a look in.
I know Constantine was awful, but in all fairness that movie had very little in common with the Hellblazer comics.
I don't think Neil Gaiman did Hellblazer outside of featuring him in Sandman.

In any case, they've been trying to make a Sandman movie for almost twenty years straight now. It's just ridiculously hard to do. I say make it a miniseries and put it on one of them new-fangled premium cable channels I'm always hearing about. It'll be the best way to preserve the epic scope and not get people too lost.

J234

Sep 5, 2008
TetsuoKaneda said:
J234 said:
Only if they use Patrick Stewart. He was originally slated to play Spider, Ellis gave his full approval, and now I can't see anyone else doing it.
Maybe I'm just too accustom to him being Cpt. Picard, but I don't know if he'd do Spider's malevolent...tendencies quite as well, though he'd do an interesting job portraying him as a journalist/detective.

TetsuoKaneda

Feb 11, 2009
J234 said:
TetsuoKaneda said:
J234 said:
Maybe I'm just too accustom to him being Cpt. Picard, but I don't know if he'd do Spider's malevolent...tendencies quite as well, though he'd do an interesting job portraying him as a journalist/detective.
Yeah, I suppose you're right about the tendencies, though if you give a cursory look at American Dad, I'd imagine Spider would play like an anti-establishment version of Avery Bullock. On speed.