Films that you regret watching

AKDread

Yabadabadoo
Jun 1, 2012
Giftfromme said:
The movie where jude law goes around collecting organs from people who haven't paid. Good lord that was a giant suckfest, and the twist was the worst thing of all time, I imagine the grime at the bottom of the barrel is better than that twist in the movie
That would be repomen, and yeah that was a crapfest

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
I regret watching every bad film. Luckily I haven't seen that many. Most films are OK to good, or at least have some saving graces. Here's the bad ones I remember:
Lions for Lambs: self-indulgent preachy twaddle. A putrid mess of a film.
Righteous Kill- Pacino and DeNiro reunited on screen for the first time since Heat. Should be good then, right? Not when you add 50 Cent to the mix.
Knowing- Just a huge waste of time. The only positive thing I make of it is the CGI was stunning in places. I hated every other minute of it though; bad, generic plot, and an apocalyptically stupid ending.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Beautiful Tragedy said:
Maybe i have bad taste but i enjoyed The Village.
Some people I know really enjoyed it but I spent the vast majority of the film yelling at my TV for something to happen ... anything to happen, anything at all.

Beautiful Tragedy

Jun 5, 2012
Rawne1980 said:
Beautiful Tragedy said:
Some people I know really enjoyed it but I spent the vast majority of the film yelling at my TV for something to happen ... anything to happen, anything at all.
Maybe you shouldn't read my story then LMAO You'll be screaming at your screen..do something! LMAO Now if i can just get the object of my inspiration to read it :p

AKDread

Yabadabadoo
Jun 1, 2012
Rawne1980 said:
Beautiful Tragedy said:
Then u wouldn't like the movie Gerry. The whole movie is just two dudes literally walking for 1:40mins in the desert

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Beautiful Tragedy said:
Maybe you shouldn't read my story then LMAO You'll be screaming at your screen..do something! LMAO Now if i can just get the object of my inspiration to read it :p
And thats the other reason I hated Open Water.

One of them yelled "Sharks" only to be attacked by large Goldfish.

I don't mind films that build up to something even if it is pointless or short at least it's something. Films like The Village and Open Water where nothing happens .... at all .... make me want to put a leather mini skirt and a chastity belt on the DvD just so I can call it a time wasting whore.

Beautiful Tragedy

Jun 5, 2012
Rawne1980 said:
Beautiful Tragedy said:
And thats the other reason I hated Open Water.

One of them yelled "Sharks" only to be attacked by large Goldfish.

I don't mind films that build up to something even if it is pointless or short at least it's something. Films like The Village and Open Water where nothing happens .... at all .... make me want to put a leather mini skirt and a chastity belt on the DvD just so I can call it a time wasting whore.
LMAO I felt that way about Transformers. HUGE waste of time, Michael Bay destroying my childhood. Those movies were definitely time wasting whores.

Beautiful Tragedy

Jun 5, 2012
AKDread said:
Rawne1980 said:
Beautiful Tragedy said:
Then u wouldn't like the movie Gerry. The whole movie is just two dudes literally walking for 1:40mins in the desert
I don't mind movies like that if they are at least talking about existential stuff, or something interesting, but if they are just shooting the shit, then no thanks.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Jonluw said:
Napoleon Dynamite.

God, was it unfunny. Those hours of my life were wasted. I want to sue.
This is actually probably the one for me as well. I watched it at home shortly after it hit the local BlockBuster because everyone was saying how insanely funny it was and it was literally everywhere in the media. I wasn;t enjoying it at all but kept watching it literally because I figured there had to at least be one part that would be geuinely clever or illicit a chuckle. That part never came. I can't think of any other movie that I actually chose to watch that had absolutely no redeeming qualities.

AKDread

Yabadabadoo
Jun 1, 2012
Beautiful Tragedy said:
AKDread said:
Rawne1980 said:
Beautiful Tragedy said:
I don't mind movies like that if they are at least talking about existential stuff, or something interesting, but if they are just shooting the shit, then no thanks.
They are not even talking also, they are just walking

Beautiful Tragedy

Jun 5, 2012
AKDread said:
Beautiful Tragedy said:
AKDread said:
Rawne1980 said:
Beautiful Tragedy said:
Good lord, what's the point?

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Blood Rayne - it was so hilariously bad that it was almost enjoyable.
The Expendables - Such a waste of money. It is basically one big action hero circle jerk with all of the violence of big action movies, without any of the entertaining plot or funny quirks that other action movies have. I LOVE Arnie movies, but the plots are actually semi-interesting, and his one-liners are amazing. Expendables doesn't have anything like that, it is just garbage.
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance - So. Fucking. Bad.

And I'll include Bridge to Terabithia because that movie made me so fucking sad... Its really good, but I don't suggest anyone watch it because of how sad it made me.

AKDread

Yabadabadoo
Jun 1, 2012
Beautiful Tragedy said:
AKDread said:
Beautiful Tragedy said:
AKDread said:
Rawne1980 said:
Beautiful Tragedy said:
They are lost and trying to find their way back, also Michael bay is ruining childhoods and now he's making a new live action TMNT with them being aliens instead of mutants is sad

Eamar

Elite Member
Feb 22, 2012
Country
UK
The Golden Compass. Completely butchered a truly incredible book. I know it's common enough for movies not to live up to the source material, but quite how they managed to make Northern Lights (which is the only correct title because I say so) so unremarkable I do not know >.<

Beautiful Tragedy

Jun 5, 2012
AKDread said:
Beautiful Tragedy said:
AKDread said:
Beautiful Tragedy said:
AKDread said:
Rawne1980 said:
Beautiful Tragedy said:
They are lost and trying to find their way back, also Michael bay is ruining childhoods and now he's making a new live action TMNT with them being aliens instead of mutants is sad
Oh i know! BUT, one of the guys who originally created the turtle signed off on the new origin. The ooze is technically supposed to be alien in nature.

May 17, 2010
Beautiful Tragedy said:
AKDread said:
Beautiful Tragedy said:
AKDread said:
Beautiful Tragedy said:
AKDread said:
Rawne1980 said:
Beautiful Tragedy said:
Oh i know! BUT, one of the guys who originally created the turtle signed off on the new origin. The ooze is technically supposed to be alien in nature.
Isn't Bay only the producer there instead of being a director