Films that you regret watching

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
No one mentions Twilight on the first three pages?

Jeez..
I watched it just to see if it truly was as bad as people said it was, and well, they weren't lying. Biggest waste of time and budget ever.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Some Bollywood movie called Don't Say a Word. I had to watch it for school and I spent the entire time trying to block the horribleness out.

ChaosStep

Dec 28, 2007
The Boondock Saints, watched that last night, instant regret.
I don't think OIM OIRISH ENOFF TO ENJAI IT

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
Ginger Deadman

it was horrible and the DVD froze during the dildo scene. I think the movie literally broke my DVD player.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Chalacachaca said:
Z of the Na said:
The Grudge disturbed me to no end. I think it was the contortionist with no jaw sliding her way down the stairs that did me in. Not to mention the little ghost kid who keeps screaming at everybody every chance he gets.

Christ, that movie still creeps me out to this day.
Are you talking about the japanese version? because that one was the trigger for my night terrors.
I was talking about the American remake, but I can only assume from your description that the original Japanese version is worse. You have greater testicular fortitude than I, and my condolences for your night terrors.

One thing we can agree on though, is that movie can fuck right off. Am I right?

Mysterious Username said:
Teeth. The only film I've never finished.
I swear it made The Human Centipede look fantastic.
My roommates and I watched that all the way through the Halloween of my Freshman year.

Dear sweet Jesus cooking pancakes, why does such a movie exist? We all concluded that they should play that movie in health class, to exemplify that vaginas are evil and will chomp your dick off.

You know, just like in real life.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
House of 1000 corpses. I should have paid closer attention to the sign at the ticket booth letting me know it wouldnt refund any money if I chose to leave early. Absolute garbage.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I'm gonna say... the Matrix Reloaded. Loved the first movie, found the second confusing as hell.

York_Beckett

Sep 23, 2010
Freeway 2
How this is labeled as a "comedy" is beyond me. Aside from just being painfully unfunny:

The main characters were so unlikeable you wished them both dead by the first 15 minutes. And we were supposed to sit there and cheer for them while they acted like bitches for the entire movie.
The "big twist" that was supposed to make them seem more sympathetic didn't exactly do a good job of it, because it apparently forgot that it had made us hate them from the very beginning. The "twist" was also very poorly put through, and considering the fact that the film had been close to "joking" about the context of the twist, it just made you hate the filmmakers. Basically, imagine Mysterious Skin as written by Eli Roth... and crammed into about four minutes. It's just a poor attempt at a last-minute character change, but it just becomes insulting in the end.
The rest of the film is just an ugly mess of two unlikeable bitches doing whatever the hell they want. No, seriously; their ONE character trait is to act like angry/whiny bitches. It may come from the fact that the two leads have little to no charisma as actors... At least Natasha Lyonne almost managed to balance it out. Almost.

Oh, and Vincent Gallo is in the movie. Many people have called it his one of his "best roles ever", claiming that he's hilarious. Here's what he does:
At some point around the sixth and eighth hour of the film, he shows up after much build-up from one of the main characters. His role in the film?
He walks around in drag and speaks in a low, "mysterious" and awful spanish accent. At least I think it's spanish. I couldn't tell by the sound of the little voice in my head telling me to strangle something.

Yeah, I get that it's supposed to be an "anti-moral" film. That still doesn't make it good. Don't get me wrong; I can enjoy these kind of films if they're done well. This isn't. It's just a poor "thing" that feels way longer than it actually is, and only serves to tear up my soul and make me hate mankind.
At least I sat through it... I guess I don't completely regret watching it, because then I wouldn't be able to call it the "worst movie ever made" without justifying it.
I know it has it's fanbase, but you can count me out.

Oh, and I also regret watching Human Nature, because it was a self-absorbed, pretentious piece of garbage that seemed like it was basically made for the director to say "Hey, audience! I'm smarter than you!!", while it in itself did a downright miserable job at conveying it's overall message.

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
Mysterious Username said:
Teeth. The only film I've never finished.
I swear it made The Human Centipede look fantastic.
ive seen "Teeth" to the end actually with a girl at the time... awkwaaaaard xD

reeeaaaally strange movie.. i really wanna know how it got pitched to any studio at all

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
Oh, all the musicals that I?ve been forced to watch at school, other than Bugsy Malone.

Picture Perfect. I should?ve known better than to watch a rom-com (I typically dislike the genre), especially one with Jennifer Aniston, but I was bored and she?s got nice legs.

Polarni

Oct 20, 2011
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1792794/
Do not waste a single minute of your life on this...

Lewieroo0

Feb 2, 2009
Elizabeth: The Golden Age - I felt like falling asleep in the cinema. The only reason I watched this along with my mates was due to not bring able to see tropic thunder at the time (they had to ask for age of proof) so with no option I took my chances with this...big mistake

Jindabyne - Oh...GOD do I hate this film. I just wanted to punch every character in the face they were so stupid and unlikable. Why my English teacher had to show me this film I will never know
>(>_<)<

Tony Murlin

Sep 15, 2010
Speaking as someone who can find worth (if not artistic merit) in just about every film listed in this thread, there are very, very few films that I regret seeing. I may not like a given film, but it doesn't fill me with bathos over those precious lost moments of my life.

But there is one film that iritates the living shit out of me, and that is Blow-Up (1966). It is, nominally, a story about a photographer in the 60's that may have inadvertantly captured a murder on film. This could have potentially been interesting, if it weren't so absolutely fucked in its execution.

The thing about the movie Gerry is that, while absolutely nothing happens in it at all (whatsoever), the film does not try to hide that. Blow-Up, however, is the cinematic equivalent of Coitus Interruptus, the film version of the most evilly painful blue balls one can ever experience. I cannot overemphasize how much I absolutely hate this movie.

Hate. This. Movie.

HATE.

IT.

The film promises *something* and, in the end, delivers *nothing*. Just when *anything* is about to happen, it stops and decides to start something else, as if the plot has some committment issues. This film contributed to me becoming an existential nihilist because I could not believe in a kind, moral, and/or just universe after being forced to watch this piece of effervescent fuckassery for my Art of Film class. Afterwards, I had to punch a wall in a friend's dorm room just so I could feel something again.

I, for the most part, feel that many "funny critics" go too far in dissing artists and their work, crossing the line into unjustifiable personal attacks and slander/libel. But in the case of this film, I can not only ignore it, but I encourage it. Also, I kinda felt a bit giddy when David Hemmings died in 2003 due to the fact that one more person who worked on this fucking movie no longer draws breath.

As it stands, this is the only film I have ever seen (so far) that has driven me off the edge of common decency like this, and I normally don't react to something as trite and trivial as a film with this degree of vitriol, but if I could sacrifice a thousand children to the darkest gods of history to erase this piece of shit from existence... I might give it some consideration.

Sewa_Yunga

I love this highway!
Nov 21, 2011
Gabanuka said:
Oh dear got The Last Airbernder film. There is a special place in hell for Mr. Shyamalan where he will have pebbles thrown at him for all eternity
The special hell.

The only movie I ever walked out on.

I remember at least half of the audience crying out in disbelief during this scene. A three year old earthbender could have thrown that pebble.

The bending reminded me of a book I had read a couple of weeks before seeing this movie, where almost all magic had vanished and the mages had to perform ritual dances for several hours just to levitate a small rock.

GamerAddict7796

Jun 2, 2010
Bloodtrozorx said:
GamerAddict7796 said:
The Road. I expected a sort of awesome Fallout-y, Book of Eli-y film with action and dead raiders. What I got was a depressing film about a douchebag who does nothing but moan and contemplate suicide.

Worst film ever.
Did you read the book? Because the book is a depressing story about a father who hides from slavers and cannibals before dying and his son is adopted by another wanderer and his family.

OT: The only movie I regret watching so far is Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I was the only one out of 5 that didn't fall asleep.

EDIT: Oh and The Adventures of Pluto Nash. Please be funny again Eddie Murphy...please?
No but that's exactly why it was crap. He spent it hiding, being a dick to everyone and then he died. Some think it's an excellent tale of the 'human condition' but I think it's just dull.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Gabanuka said:
Napoleon Dynamite, according to my friends you need to see it at least 3 times to get it, its not worth it.

I regretted Batman and Robin at the time but then I realised it was actually a masterpiece and its now one of my favourite films

Edit: Oh dear got The Last Airbernder film. There is a special place in hell for Mr. Shyamalan where he will have pebbles thrown at him for all eternity
Amen to that. Especially that little clip. In the phenomenal cartoon, that many earthbenders working together would move a MOUNTAIN. Not a damn. little. boulder.

My captcha was twenty one. Which is the minimum amount of times M.Night should be slapped for failing all of us with The Last Airbender.

Jimmy Sylvers

Aug 30, 2011
Melancholia is a terrible, terrible film. I have no issue with art films but I seriously want those hours of my life back....