final boss..... That's it?

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
Have you ever played a game and got to a final boss only to discover it was a complete pushover? Or perhaps you defeated a boss that was so easy and uninspired that you didn't even realize it was the last boss.

Elijah Ball

Jan 29, 2011
yup. its always a let down. the final boss in borderlands was too easy, and the ending was quite lame as well.

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
Using Knights of the Round on Sephiroth leads to a very short fight.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
I remember the Cyberdemon in Doom III was a massive letdown.

But I guess for Doom III that was kinda par for the course.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
The final battle with Genesis in Crisis Core was a cakewalk. So was the fight with Minerva if you knew what you were doing.

I Max95

Mar 23, 2009
the final parts of LA Noire where a final boss would be in any other game, were very much dissappointing
just burning some people with a flamethrower, not only boring, but the fact that your using a FLAMETHROWER ensures that some of the very first gunfight in the game were harder than this one was

you dont even play as the main character during it

Seanfall

May 3, 2011
The boss fights in Batman: Arkham Asylum. The rest of the game is great, but the boss fights are so luckluster and copy pasted it's just a let down. Doesn't ruin the game for me but I hope Arkham City fixed that issue.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Before anyone else says it: Fable 2. As much as I like that game, it had a weak end "boss" if you could even call it that. You don't even have to do anything and he dies! What a letdown...

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Kirby's Epic Yarn. You get turned into Tank Kirby and you just get to mash 1 to launch your rockets. They destroy the enemy's attacks and harm him. It's like someone replaced my really fun platforming game with Kingdom Hearts. :(

breadsammich

May 5, 2011
Dragon Age: Origins. I never had trouble with the Archdemon. Granted I wasn't playing on the higher difficulties. Frankly I found the fight to be more of a hassle than a challenge. Unless my healer went down, it was really easy, and even then, Wynne would get right back up after a brief time.

Stupu

Apr 30, 2008
Torchlight. I got through the later levels with massive area attacks, it made the final fight a difficulty-free grind.

Lightning Delight

Apr 21, 2011
Teh Jammah said:
Wet: entire boss fight is a QTE. mega lame
Same thing for Mercenaries 2. You spent several hours trying to get a nuke, and when the do the big bad guy is nothing but a QTE hijack sequence, identical to the ones you do throughout the game to steal vehicles.

Tomster595

Aug 1, 2009
Happens a lot. I recently replayed Arkham Asylum and the last boss was pretty bad. I mean, he looked kinda cool, but it really just boiled down to beating up a bunch of henchmen while he stood there.

Erebohr

Apr 23, 2011
Psychonauts. You just run 'til you turn giant, then punch 'til you shrink. Rinse, repeat. The difficulty for the meat circus, on the other hand...

decaying dead

May 27, 2010
lost odyssey - by the final boss you are too overpowered he cant even damage you.

FF10 - use zombify on him and just heal him to death, which doesn't take very long

Dragonpit

Nov 10, 2010
Seanfall said:
The boss fights in Batman: Arkham Asylum. The rest of the game is great, but the boss fights are so luckluster and copy pasted it's just a let down. Doesn't ruin the game for me but I hope Arkham City fixed that issue.
Ninja'd!

Yeah, really. After a heavy hitter such as Bane, you'd think Joker would put up more of a fight, but all you do is evade, pull him down when he starts grandstanding, then nail him while he's immobile! Beyond that is the thrashing of your basic lackies, and if you know the combat system, the fight isn't even worth mentioning.