final boss..... That's it?

DoctorPhil

Apr 25, 2011
The final boss of SMT: Nocturne is just mediocre and down-letting in every way, such a shame, it's one of the few things not extremely awesome about the game.

Jan 23, 2010
People mentioning Fable 2, yes, it was disappointing that we couldn't have a grand final fight. But don't call him a boss. It's not really a boss fight if you don't have the usual characteristics of a boss fight. Like, health meters, an unique enemy that is not replicated among the common enemies, boss music and etc.

OT: Mine would be the last boss of Demon's Souls because I recently bought it.

It might be a token fight to show how the King has become a weak corrupted shell, but it is set up as a boss battle with him getting a named healthbar and everything. Then you slap him a few times and BAM The End. Especially after the fake King Allant fight. Damn that guy was annoying.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
the one that most springs to mind is avp2 in the predator campaign. you get this huge buildup that your gonna take on the mercenary boss whos been trying to kill you the whole game and then when you find him he gets into this big mech suit.

Only thing is those mech suits are weak to the emp area effect thing on this pistol you have. Also it stuns them too. it killed him in like 5 shots.

Really lame too cause the place was setup for a fun fight, i went back and played it by banning myself from the pistol and had fun that time.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
BreakfastMan said:
Before anyone else says it: Fable 2. As much as I like that game, it had a weak end "boss" if you could even call it that. You don't even have to do anything and he dies! What a letdown...
It also made me hate Reaver even more, which I thought wasn't possible.

EZola19

May 27, 2011
Semi-spoiler alert! But since this entire thread is about final boss fights, it should be full of it.

Well the "end boss" of Uncharted was just a regular fight with a guy w/ a really really strong shotgun :p

And Witcher 2, well whether or not you have a final boss fight is up to you!

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
breadsammich said:
Dragon Age: Origins. I never had trouble with the Archdemon. Granted I wasn't playing on the higher difficulties. Frankly I found the fight to be more of a hassle than a challenge. Unless my healer went down, it was really easy, and even then, Wynne would get right back up after a brief time.
I made it more challenging to myself by taking it solely with my mage. It would have been harder if I wouldn't have completely broken the game by putting points mostly in Magic and having a fireball that could have killed a broodmother in one. He went down really fast.

Hunted: Demon's Forge was pretty consistent in bad boss fights.

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
Grell Sutcliff said:
legate lanius nuff said
This, oh yes this.
I would have expected Legate Lanius to be, you know, harder that those I'd fought to get there. Then he pulls out an oversized lawnmower blade, I shoot his head off with a .50 and voilà, mission accomplished. He died in like two shots, so it was way to easy. In contrast, killing General Oliver if you side with the Legion is much, much harder, mainly because once you get to his and decide to kill him, you have to fight through a horde of Rangers and booby traps in a series of confined, dark spaces. I died, and so ended up reloading it and just persuading him to leave.

Still, Fable 2 takes the biscuit; bam, dead.

mirror's edgy

Sep 30, 2010
Devil May Cry 2 was a thoroughly piss- poor game but the final bosses of both storylines were such laughable pushovers, I felt empty inside. I managed to kill one stage of one of the two bosses by just backing away and taking an endless stream of potshots at him. I think it's better if we just retcon that installment into oblivion.

Kavachi

Sep 18, 2009
Alot of games, but since noone mentioned this one yet: "Brütal Legend" had one of the worst boss fights and endings ever. Was a pretty fun game though.

godfist88

Dec 17, 2010
I was gonna say General scales from Star Fox Adventures, but then i remembered that he was the second to last boss in the game. I mean all you had to do to win was draw your staff, that's it. I really wanted to fight em' too.

Grotch Willis

May 10, 2011
Seanfall said:
The boss fights in Batman: Arkham Asylum. The rest of the game is great, but the boss fights are so luckluster and copy pasted it's just a let down. Doesn't ruin the game for me but I hope Arkham City fixed that issue.
Agree with you wholeheartedly there dude, the boss fights were not as good as the rest of the game. I just always thought it was weird that the bosses from Bane on kept getting easier and easier. Especially Poison Ivy and Joker.

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
Lost Planet 2. Most disappointing boss of all time. Once you figure out how to attach the laser designator the first time...they might as well not have made it take more than one shot.

Sir Boss

Mar 24, 2011
Final bosses in;
Halo 2
Halo 3
Mass Effect 1
Mass Effect 2
Fallout 3 (I didn't even realise it was the final boss until about a week afterwards)
all letdowns.

However, I find boss fights in nintendo games are far more interesting

SarcasminBloom

Sep 30, 2009
Fable 2. That whole game was ruined for me all because of that "final boss".

I won't even touch Fable 3 because of it.