Final Fantasy 13 To Ship on 3 DVDs

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
3? It would be more if they hadn't cut half the game for the 360.

Joe Deadman

Jan 9, 2010
I think it's going to be kinda nostalgic and multiple disks always gave me something to aim for back then. I'm just happy we're getting it on the xbox 360.
edit:
Jiraiya72 said:
Source please.

Zac_Dai

Oct 21, 2008
I actually miss the days when games, especially PC ones came on multiple CDs.

It always felt like you were getting a lot of game-time.

tsu-money

Jul 27, 2009
Personally I would rather take a few moments to install to have quicker load times on the PS3 version rather than swap discs. That's just me.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
TheNumber1Zero said:
Mr.Pandah said:
Man, we'll have to switch two times during our entire playtime? Jeez, who would've thought, considering there are 3 discs?
I had to swap Mass Effect 2's discs twice, and there are only two.
This is very true

Ah well, Star Ocean also came on 3 discs and had no problems with that.

So, 4 discs is cool (I mean, come on, FF8 was 4, so really, its not that much of an inconvience)

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
I owned a ps1 and played every single final fantasy, without disk swapping it would feel weird. I can sense this is going to make some really shit flame bait

FF1- 1
FF2- 1
FF3- 1
FF4- 1
FF5- 1
(I played all of the above on emulators, Gameboy advances and not original versions)
FF6- 4
FF7- I think 3
FF8- 4
FF9- 4
FF10- I think it was just 1
FF10-2- 1
FF11- Only played at a friends house so I can't remember
FF12- 1 or 2 I think

It's not something I think anyone honestly can complain about

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Who didn't see this coming? I'm surprised it's only 3.
I hear rumors that the next GTA is going to be on a few discs as well.
I guess that's why they're making the bigger HDDs for the 360.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
The old days of multiple disks kinda died with the DVD and the decline of interactive movie games (anyone remember games like Phantasmagoria? Seven disks!), but it's no surprise that with the advance of technology (higher resolutions = more disk space), games that still rely heavily on long pre-rendered cinematics (or just have lots and lots of content) would start needing multiple disks again.

Vek

Aug 18, 2008
At least it's not Hexen on PS1.

"Five discs deep. A Universe wide. Say goodbye; you're going to be gone a long time."

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
Joe Deadman said:
Jiraiya72 said:
Source please.
They didn't cut it, they just lowered the resolution as far as I know. There's an article somewhere on this site about it, I think.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
I remember back when multiple disks was considered a good thing. You know, more game for your buck and all that. Of course, that was before the Instant Gratification Generation took over gaming.

Joe Deadman

Jan 9, 2010
DuplicateValue said:
Joe Deadman said:
Jiraiya72 said:
Source please.
They didn't cut it, they just lowered the resolution as far as I know. There's an article somewhere on this site about it, I think.
I know im just pointing out that that's a baseless claim to make. I would be suprised if he actually found one.

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
Let the fanboy wars begin!!!

On a serious note, I found this quote one of the funniest things I've read all day.
Greg Tito said:
"Players will only have to swap discs twice during their entire game," he said.
Thanks, mate! Here was me thinking that from 3 discs we'd have to swap at least 18 times whilst playing!

Ugh. Regardless, not that fussed about FFXIII. Will instead be picking up Yakuza 3 when it's released the same week.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Nows here's the difficult question. Do I buy it on the Xbox as I like the sense of progression disk swapping gives, or shall I get it on the PS3 for continuity as I've always played Final Fantasy games using the Duel Shock.