Final Fantasy 13 To Ship on 3 DVDs

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
Lost odyssey was 4 discs, no surprises here

but it doesn't matter for me, I've got my PS3 copy pre-ordered and paid for.

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
Rect Pola said:
s69-5 said:
Rect Pola said:
You know, not too long ago multiple discs was a high honor. FF6 was on 4.
FF6 was on one SNES cartridge. Not sure what you're talking about.
Whoops! Typo, I meant to write "FF7" had 4 CDs on PS1
No, FF7 was 3 discs, your thinking 8 and 9 that were on 4

Vigilantis

Jan 14, 2010
esperandote said:
PS3 fanboys bait. "We get to save 20 seconds :p"
Minus the small amount of exercise we would get if we had to change the discs twice =) But I'm not angry that I get to be even lazier than 360 players. In fact...I feel as if...this is a victory of some kind.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Hmm, interesting to know. Admittedly the only game I ever remember playing with multiple disks was Driver 2 on the original Playstation.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Changing discs doesn't matter. It's 60 seconds total.

Now, Legend of Dragoon made you change discs as you wandered around, which sucked, as each disc only had part of the map.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
Blanks said:
Rect Pola said:
s69-5 said:
Rect Pola said:
You know, not too long ago multiple discs was a high honor. FF6 was on 4.
FF6 was on one SNES cartridge. Not sure what you're talking about.
Whoops! Typo, I meant to write "FF7" had 4 CDs on PS1
No, FF7 was 3 discs, your thinking 8 and 9 that were on 4
They re-released 6 for PS1, game was on 1 disc and FFX preview was on the second

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Just imagine, in 2 more generations we will see games on 3 Blu-Ray disks.

just kidding, games will come on 1 TB flash USB drives and players will just swap them out to play different games.

antigodoflife

Nov 12, 2009
Mr.Pandah said:
TheNumber1Zero said:
Mr.Pandah said:
Man, we'll have to switch two times during our entire playtime? Jeez, who would've thought, considering there are 3 discs?
I had to swap Mass Effect 2's discs twice, and there are only two.
The point I was trying to make though was more along the lines of "awww its gonna hurt my pretty little fingers and my fat ass to get up two times over the course of a 30+ hour game". But I am curious as to why you had to swap Mass Effect 2 twice, now that you meantion it.
guessing by the fact it's final fantasy you're more looking at a 50 - 100 hour game.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Well that's good news. I don't want a stripped down PS3 version for my Xbox. I remember the reasoning behind mass effect 2's dual disks, "You can't pack this much awesomeness on one disk".

So long as that remains to be true it's worth it, and I have high hopes that FFXIII will be packed full of awesomeness.

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
I think the fear is that you will have to disk change every time you return to a previous area, if you need an example, remember in Vice City, when you had those annoying loading screens when going from the right island to the left island, and how much more annoying those would have been if you had to change discs...

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Flying Dagger said:
I think the fear is that you will have to disk change every time you return to a previous area, if you need an example, remember in Vice City, when you had those annoying loading screens when going from the right island to the left island, and how much more annoying those would have been if you had to change discs...
Actually, that's what Legend of Dragoon did on the PS1.

And it pissed me off to no end.

JaymesFogarty

Aug 19, 2009
Kailat777 said:
That doesn't even sound like it would be an issue. It's certainly not the first final fantasy game to ship on multiple discs. If I recall, numbers 8 and 9 required 4 discs.

Are some people really swayed that much by having to swap discs?
No, it's just more convenient to have the entire game on one disc. There are no problems with 3 discs, but it's easier if you don't have to change them.