Final Fantasy Fans Boo Xbox 360 at London Event

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Sir Ollie said:
You sure they weren't booing at George Lamb?

I hate that guy.

Alright maybe not. But! I mean they could give something like this.

Abit better then a standard super elite with Final Fantasy XIII
God that thing was gorgeous.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
I really don't see any issue with Final Fantasy 13 being multi-platform. "Oh no, I hate it when other people can have fun with a game I like! I should be the only one to play that game!"

Jhereg42

Apr 11, 2008
Seldon2639 said:
Eh... It'd be a bit like Halo going multi-platform. Yeah, the early history of the developer wasn't with Microsoft, but the two have become so linked that it's a bit like a betrayal of the original fans.

Remember all the people complaining about how CoD had forgotten the PC gaming grounds in which it had been planted, blossoming instead in the verdant console greens? It's kind of the same thing.

Imagine Mario going multi-platform.
This is not even close to this hypothetical. FF was originally a nintendo franchise that moved to the PSX because nintendo refused to move on to CD-ROMs as their primary form of Media. Square Enix realized that attaching themselves to the PS3 alone when the two consoles have pretty much divided the market in half was stupid. What did Sony ever do for them, really. They did not contribute to development costs (a la Mass Effect and KOTOR). They were not under some sort of contract. Square-Enix was under no obligation to justify their fan-boy's purchase of the PS3 when it was never annouonced as an exclusive. It was just assumed.

This whole console wars thing is getting really freaking old.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
Whats wrong with someone who doesn't own a PS3 playing the game, hell I want to to come out on PC so I can play it

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
are they perhaps booing because they believe FF has been dimmed down for the 360, something I still don't know is true or not?

dnnydllr

Apr 5, 2009
I'm an Xbox fan, and I can't say that I'd ever do something like that to a PS3...

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Jamiemitsu said:
Heh, I probably would have booed, too.

I mean, FFXIII was originally meant to be a ps3 exclusive, and there are TV ads in the uk which only acknowledge the 360, almost as if its an xbox exclusive.
You would have booed? I think it just showed how immature the crowd were.

As far as the adds go, I'm sure Microsoft must have put some money in if the 360 is getting a plug. Maybe SONY should put their hands in their pockets as well.

Multiplatform is a great step for a developer. A bigger audience, more sales, more money for the next title.

Having said that I will not be getting the new FF. Been there and done that, I'm bored with JRPGs.

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Fine, you dont want the 360, you can get a punch in the balls instead.

Thats what they should have done.

Also the booing was so bland, put some SOUL into your booing....

Normalgamer

Dec 21, 2009
Ungrateful little bastards, here they are willing to give them something nice, and all they do is whine.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I also remember when G4 asked a bunch of random people in Japan during the launch of the two consoles which one they were more excited for.

Most everyone said the 360.

Latinidiot said:
are they perhaps booing because they believe FF has been dimmed down for the 360, something I still don't know is true or not?
It's true.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
Hubilub said:
This kinda makes me ashamed of being a fan of the PS3...

Any Wii-players care to hang out while the 360 fans and the PS3 fans duke it out in the streets?
You rang Hubilub?
Quick! To the Wii-mobile!

*dudududududududududududududududu*

sougo13

Sep 11, 2009
I'm ashamed that I was in the same city as these people.

Great way of showing the people who's made this game your appreciation guys!

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
Seldon2639 said:
Eh... It'd be a bit like Halo going multi-platform. Yeah, the early history of the developer wasn't with Microsoft, but the two have become so linked that it's a bit like a betrayal of the original fans.

Remember all the people complaining about how CoD had forgotten the PC gaming grounds in which it had been planted, blossoming instead in the verdant console greens? It's kind of the same thing.

Imagine Mario going multi-platform.
OK FF isn't owned or made by Sony like Mario is by Nintendo, and you might want a flame sheild, because noone likes fanboys

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Deofuta said:
ToonLink said:
The sheer idiocy of fanboys (and fangirls) never ceases to amaze me.
I believe the term today is "FanPeople"
I'd say the term is "fucking idiots" and if it isn't it damn well should be!

I mean really...Booing because its a 360 bundle instead of a ps3? ugh, morons.