Final Fantasy Fans Boo Xbox 360 at London Event

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Maybe they were booing the shitty port of FFXIII?

I mean I'm a die hard 360 fanboy and certified achievement whore, and I still bought the PS3 version.

Feb 16, 2010
WOW. what the heck. I own a ps3, and I love the system,and Final fantasy, but who cares!? IS IT REALLY THAT IMPORTANT? They ported it to the xbox? STFU fanboys! both consoles are great.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Cliff_m85 said:
Me as the announcer: "Really? Ok, fuck it. It's mine!"

*leaves with Xbox bundle*
Heh I was gonna suggest something similar but my post failed.

In his shoes I'd have gone 'Screw you all then, it's going to a kid's hospital where it'll be enjoyed and not wasted on a teeming mound of imbeciles!'

Honestly, I've never seen so many MSX, NES and SNES fanboys in one place getting all feisty, unless of course it's all PS3 fanboys who don't know where Final Fantasy came from.

I'm all for timed exclusives if you must, like GTA and the like taking months to get to PC, but it seems like you're just shooting yourself in the wallet, not putting it out for at least PS3 and 360 nowadays, with both consoles being so close in terms of hardware power. (Shush, they are, really.

Being able to store higher quality cut scenes doesn't make you a generation higher than the competition, and no, I don't have a 360, but I'd happily taken the one on offer there, and said 'thank you for the prize, I'm so pleased I got FF for the best system too!' just to rile the crowd... then run off and hid behind that bouncer :D

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Seldon2639 said:
Eh... It'd be a bit like Halo going multi-platform. Yeah, the early history of the developer wasn't with Microsoft, but the two have become so linked that it's a bit like a betrayal of the original fans.
Halo nearly did go multiplatform, there was a prototype of a DS version made.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
John Funk said:
Sir Ollie said:
You sure they weren't booing at George Lamb?

I hate that guy.

Alright maybe not. But! I mean they could give something like this.

Abit better then a standard super elite with Final Fantasy XIII
God that thing was gorgeous.
Indeed. Loverly.

You know, I'm fine with them being annoyed at FFXIII not being a PS3 exclusive, I really am. I don't have a problem with them generally dissing the 360. But booing a giveaway? That's just rude. That's like spitting on someone trying to give you a gift. Even if you don't necessarily like it, you should still be courteous. Turn around and sell the damn thing if you don't want it.

GeekFury

Aug 20, 2009
BOOOOOOO! Final Fantasy game thats not on the Nintendo! BOOOOOO!

Come on fan boys, only 5 games were Playstation exclusive, the rest were on the Famicom and Super Famicom ( Japnese NES and SNES )so thats 6 that were Nintendo, so bring it out on the Wii! ( Even though I don't own a Wii )

Not like I care, after Final Fantasy 7 the games got shit, FF1-7 > FF8-13, take that Fanboys!

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Fanboys will be fanboys... it's sad that they can't appreciate that they are getting like a 500 dollar deal for free.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
John Funk said:
Oh, right. Fanboys. Logic does not apply here.
Just a suggestion, but maybe perhaps by making the game multi-platform instead of exclusively for one console sacrificed the game play or quality somehow. Not that I honestly think that's what they were booing about.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Hubilub said:
Aura Guardian said:
Hubilub said:
This kinda makes me ashamed of being a fan of the PS3...

Any Wii-players care to hang out while the 360 fans and the PS3 fans duke it out in the streets?
You rang Hubilub?
Quick! To the Wii-mobile!

*dudududududududududududududududu*
I call shotgun.

After all..some posts I've read said that the PS is the true way to play it.

Storm3ye

Feb 22, 2010
I hate the pressure that Microsoft has put onto the developers to make both FF13 stay at a same level. PS3 version was supposed to have dual language options, but official statements have said that they have removed this option due to them trying to "keep it fair" in both platforms.

Why DOWNGRADE a perfectly fine product?

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
GloatingSwine said:
Maybe they were booing the shitty port of FFXIII?

I mean I'm a die hard 360 fanboy and certified achievement whore, and I still bought the PS3 version.
Booing is lame but this is true. Single disk > multi disk and apparently the 360 graphics were nuked to get it to fit on 3.

But what the hell it was free people. Just sell the 360 on ebay and buy a second ps3 to take to bed with out...seriously.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
*sigh*
Come on guys...way to be fanboys.
I really don't care about it all that much.
PS3 still gets Versus...eventually.

K84

Feb 15, 2010
Every one that Boo'd there, deserves to be denied a copy of XIII at every selling point.
Actually, grab all their FF collections and burn it before their eyes.

Sad display of fandom, truly pathetic.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
FANBOYS: How dare you give away a game bundle in a franchise we like and a console on which to play it! We hate you!

...Wait, what? Hello? Logic? Stupid fanboys.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Storm3ye said:
I hate the pressure that Microsoft has put onto the developers to make both FF13 stay at a same level. PS3 version was supposed to have dual language options, but official statements have said that they have removed this option due to them trying to "keep it fair" in both platforms.

Why DOWNGRADE a perfectly fine product?
Square have been shit at language support this generation. All the early JRPGs had dual language as standard, it wasn't until they got in on the act that laziness became de-rigeur.

Wired have an interesting take [http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/05/final-fantasy-xiii/].

Skratt

Dec 20, 2008
Given the XBOX 360s history of EPIC FAILURES requiring the unit to be serviced, is this event really hard to imagine?