Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
It's that bad.

that's dubbed but he does randomly play rock music in his ipod like that though.
I guess that leads to my next question.

So I know Final Fantasy has magitek elements from the word go. Still, the footage I see from those clips is very Fantasy....so what's with the IPOD? Is there a lot of modern era tech in this take on FF1 or something? Because FF1 had like Fantasy shit, Fantasy shit, Airship, Submarine and then....floating sky fortress. Also a robot but most of that shit was like lost advance tech you had to go search the four corners of the earth to find and it wasn't till the later game before it even starts showing up.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I guess that leads to my next question.

So I know Final Fantasy has magitek elements from the word go. Still, the footage I see from those clips is very Fantasy....so what's with the IPOD? Is there a lot of modern era tech in this take on FF1 or something? Because FF1 had like Fantasy shit, Fantasy shit, Airship, Submarine and then....floating sky fortress. Also a robot but most of that shit was like lost advance tech you had to go search the four corners of the earth to find and it wasn't till the later game before it even starts showing up.
Final Fantasy releases swing between high fantasy and magi-punk like a pendulum that's been flung from a catapult. Don't expect any sort of coherency.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I will say I quite like that some character was about to drop exposition and he just goes "TL: DR plz"

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I just wish the main character wasn't so cagey about his motivation. What's he after? What's his goal? He's a mystery wrapped in an enigma.
Isn't that the much the same as just being poorly written? Not that I've been seeing/hearing anyone argue that this game has good writing.

He's a chaos looking to smash some chaos wrapped in a pacage of chaos.
SPOILERS!

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
I'd played the demo and.... just like Nioh, not having a prompt for the button doesn't make having endless QTE's in every fight any less obnoxious. And this one had even more from my loose memory of Nioh.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I don't think this game will end up in my GOTY mentions if I'm honest as I'm spoiled for choice.

But if i had a catagory like "Best junkfood game" then this game wins that hands down.