Final Fantasy Teams Up With Fashion Line

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011

HOLY MOTHER OF COWS! Just...just shut up and take my money! NOW! Why is it not working?! I'm throwing my wallet at the screen but nothing's happening! OH, MAKER, WHY?!

Oh...well, I guess that's cool too.

I WOULD like to see a line of clothing inspired by FF characters/clothing anyway. I'd buy that.Who wouldn't, huh? :l

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
...Wow. talk about bland. I was kinda hoping I'd be able to dress up like a Final Fantasy character... well, with maybe a slightly more subdued outfit...

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Sazh looks good but that being said, I'm extremely disappointed by this: I was hoping to see Final Fantasy style clothes not horrible high fashion(?) clothes on Final Fantasy brand mannequins.

Nilsenator

Nov 11, 2009
There is something inherently jarring about seeing Final Fantasy characters in what could pass for real clothing. Hope and Noel especially look really creepy.

MightyLB

Nov 18, 2009
I feel so sorry for the models who really did wear the clothes in the original photos. I imagine the conversation going something like this.

Model: "This is great! I'm going to be in a Prada ad! This will really help my career. Thank you so much!"
Prada Rep: "Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaah, about that - um, there's going to be some digital post-production on this."
Model: "Oh, yeah, this stuff gets Photoshopped all the time, I know."
Prada Rep: "Well, we won't be Photoshopping you, exactly."
Model: "What?"
Prada Rep: "See, it goes like this..."

Suicidejim

Jul 1, 2011
Honestly, Sazh is looking pretty damn fine. But seeing JRPG characters in real-person clothes makes my head hurt.

Although . . . would this be what cosplay is like in videogame universes?

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
I... uh... have no words...

Wait, I do have some! *pulls out paper*

*ahem* So... when will Japan see these costumes as DLC for FFXIII-2?

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
it's just really weird. The characters are so CG (obviously) but the clothes were clearly worn by an actual model.

JordanXlord

Mar 29, 2010
thiosk said:
I think theres something to this, but squeenix is doing it wrong.

Behold:

Much improved, if you ask me

Epic...

i have nothing else to say...i am done here

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
When I read the someone was making a Final Fantasy brand of clothing I wondered why technicolor, over designed monstrosities would be shown. These clothes actually look pretty normal. Don't get me wrong, their art style has its place; that place just isn't the real world.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Sazh actually doesn't look half bad.

But Lightning looks she wants to (and ought to) strangle the person who made her wear that. It doesn't suit her at all.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
This is so incredibly dumb, I almost can't believe it's real. Then again, I'd be lying if I said this was the worst idea I've ever seen executed by a horribly misguided multinational corporation.

Also I'm with everyone who expected this to be some kind of far out experiment in high fashion. Considering what I've seen of high fashion, I figure it couldn't hurt to let the FF art team take a stab at real life clothing for a change.

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
littlewisp said:
I, for one, find this to be hilarious. Also, it seems rather telling that they dress Lightning up in men's clothing.
Dammit, you beat me to the punch, on both counts.

IlikeLolis

Jan 21, 2010
Ok, now this just looks like a really bad photoshop.

Also, if it doesn't have feathers/Loads of wool and tassels/and Random Zippers to nowhere then it doesn't look right on FF characters.