Final Fantasy X HD PS3 Reportedly Includes Final Fantasy X-2

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
It'd be pretty cool in Square-Enix did this. I mean, they don't need to, seeing as Final Fantasy X is bloody brilliant anyway, but including the sequel would be neat and I certainly wouldn't complain. Then again, I am one of those odd folk who enjoyed X-2. As long as they give me an EU release date, I'll be happy.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Gizmo1990 said:
Did anyone actually want a re-release of X-2? I like the bonus ending (I like it when something has a happy ending) but the rest of the game is crap. Whenever I replay X I just go and watch the X-2 bonus ending on youtube so not seeing the appeal here.
Seeing as how the game play in X2 was better then X.

I'd also go as far as to say many of the main characters were less annoying.
SEE: No TEE-DUS, or 'laughing scene'.

Jan 22, 2011
Hey i'm am perfectly fine with this on all levels. X-2 was not the best game in the main franchise but still it was playable and had some memorable parts.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
I may have to buy a PS3 now. X-2 is the shit.

Now I'm just waiting for the inevitable Versus 13 and KH3 comments...

Tanis said:
SEE: No TEE-DUS, or 'laughing scene'.
Do you remember what happened literally 10 seconds after the awkward laugh scene?

SonOfMethuselah

Oct 9, 2012
Um... that laughing scene is supposed to be awks, guys. That was the point. Just sayin'. Also, no matter how many times people try to convince me otherwise, TIE-DUS still sounds a helluva lot better than TEE-DUS, so that's what he is in my books. Didn't realize that was wrong until Dissidia came out, so that was what I always called him.

OT: Look, I thought X-2 was all right, but I don't care at this point. Give me a release window for the damn things. Being able to carry Final Fantasy X around on my Vita will make me the happiest gamer in existence for a while. IT'S ALL I WANT IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW, SQUARE!

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
Ahhh, I can't wait for this HD collection to finally be released. FFX was the last Final Fantasy game I loved all the way through. A time frame would be nice... it's also sad that I'm frothing at the mouth for news about a game that came out around 12 years ago, while not caring at all about anything new that's related to Final Fantasy.

Also, I liked FFX-2's combat. That whole game was a big piece of fan fiction garbage, but at least it had the decency to be kind of fun to play. If you ignore the dress up thing. Now if you'll excuse me, I must go back to playing Secret World so I can farm enough money for that sweet ass tux I've been looking at...

Captcha: Do you drink gin?

How else am I supposed to make an awesome martini?!

AgentLampshade

Nov 9, 2009
Meh, I gave up waiting on this a while ago and bought the original for £2. At Blockbusters no less. Seems the shop in my area is still miraculously open, despite being empty every time I go there.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
CardinalPiggles said:
Though I'm not sure if $40 is worth it though, even with both included.
Considering $40 for an HD collection usually gets you 3 games, I'm going to say that no, it isn't worth it. $40 for 3 games is $13.33 per game, so price this at $26.66 and maybe I'll think about it, Square.

We shouldn't be surprised though, this is just more Square Enix money grubbing. They can't microtransaction the hell out of you on consoles, but they can offer you a 2 game HD collection for the price of a 3 game HD collection!

Jan 22, 2011
Doomsdaylee said:
Uh... wow...I was expecting much worse reactions.
Really people? X and X-2, the two games that STARTED the downfall of Final Fantasy, and everyone's creaming themselves over it? Granted, X was.....playable? in a pinch...and X-2 had a half decent battle system...? But are our expectations of FF so low that even these two turds being re-released in HD is such a big goddamn thing? Hell, the most enduring entertainment value from these two games is theory making in that "Tidus' name was never spoken, not a once in X, even in voiceless dialog. Is that a plot point?" (It's not, Squeenix isn't smart enough for that.)

I mean, I'm not going to bang on the "We need a FF7 remake!" drum, but if we're remaking old, less than perfect FF games, why not go to 8 or 9?

However, to play the devil's advocate here, it IS nice to see Squeenix following Yahtzee's idea of "Remake bad games, not good ones." Even thought this isn't a REMAKE it's a RE-RELEASE, so, so much for that.
I really think that 10 and 10-2 get a pass because they where the first final fantasy games to have full voice acting, next to real-life facial movements and cgi that was unheard of in 2001-04. Listen I do understand your frustration in this area. Still I really consider these games to be the last true in main franchise. This is due in part of if it's development team that worked on the games which are sadly no longer at square.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
Doomsdaylee said:
Uh... wow...I was expecting much worse reactions.
Really people? X and X-2, the two games that STARTED the downfall of Final Fantasy, and everyone's creaming themselves over it? Granted, X was.....playable? in a pinch...and X-2 had a half decent battle system...? But are our expectations of FF so low that even these two turds being re-released in HD is such a big goddamn thing? Hell, the most enduring entertainment value from these two games is theory making in that "Tidus' name was never spoken, not a once in X, even in voiceless dialog. Is that a plot point?" (It's not, Squeenix isn't smart enough for that.)

I mean, I'm not going to bang on the "We need a FF7 remake!" drum, but if we're remaking old, less than perfect FF games, why not go to 8 or 9?

However, to play the devil's advocate here, it IS nice to see Squeenix following Yahtzee's idea of "Remake bad games, not good ones." Even thought this isn't a REMAKE it's a RE-RELEASE, so, so much for that.

Think the whole not saying the name thing was a failed attempt to do the whole "insert yourself as the main character" thing games like to do. (Which imo in itself a dumb idea, so it's failing at a bad idea, ugh.)Of course that just made parts feel just pointlessly unnatural, and no idea why the entered name can't even show up in text. Overall it was a really stupid idea, sad that no one in development noticed it.

As for X-2 I enjoyed it enough, but like X I can see the PS2 version on my shelf while I'm typing this. Also like X it'll need a lot more then slightly improved graphics for me to spend money on, otherwise I can find better new games to buy.

Furrama

Jul 24, 2008
Ewwe, no, keep your X2 away from my X. I like to pretend it never happened thankyou.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I'm not super excited for X-2 nor super upset, but I just want them to hurry up and release X already. At this rate the PS4 will have come out and I've got to weigh up buying a game for a dead console

popa_qwerty

Dec 21, 2010
Cecilthedarkknight_234 said:
Hey i'm am perfectly fine with this on all levels. X-2 was not the best game in the main franchise but still it was playable and had some memorable parts.

I counter your video with the Japanese Version Dang I sell my ps3 and now this.

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
Tiamattt said:
Think the whole not saying the name thing was a failed attempt to do the whole "insert yourself as the main character" thing games like to do. (Which imo in itself a dumb idea, so it's failing at a bad idea, ugh.)Of course that just made parts feel just pointlessly unnatural, and no idea why the entered name can't even show up in text. Overall it was a really stupid idea, sad that no one in development noticed it.
It's just a remnant from the olden times when you could name your whole party. That obviously wouldn't work in a voiced game, so they settled on only being able to name the protagonist. That's all there is to it. The narrative of the game is driven by Tidus' fourth-wall breaking dialogue aimed directly at the player. He's not supposed to be a self-insert avatar for the player. It is his story after all...

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Eh, it's not like X-2's presence somehow makes X any better or any worse. People who liked X and hated X-2 will easily be able to ignore the second one on here.

P.S. Thanks

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
excalipoor said:
Tiamattt said:
It's just a remnant from the olden times when you could name your whole party. That obviously wouldn't work in a voiced game, so they settled on only being able to name the protagonist. That's all there is to it. The narrative of the game is driven by Tidus' fourth-wall breaking dialogue aimed directly at the player. He's not supposed to be a self-insert avatar for the player. It is his story after all...
Fair enough, but either way it still felt like a unnecessary bad idea that hurt the game rather then add anything to it. It was his story, not blank person who is never mentioned's story.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
Covarr said:
Eh, it's not like X-2's presence somehow makes X any better or any worse. People who liked X and hated X-2 will easily be able to ignore the second one on here.

P.S. Thanks
Better yet they can sell the game they don't like on ebay. :)