Final Fantasy X HD PS3 Reportedly Includes Final Fantasy X-2

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Siege_TF said:
I don't want FFXI HD, I want FFVII HD! Is there anyone who will say "I would prefer an HD remix of FFX over FFVII!"? I don't think there is!
I do. I would welcome a better translation for FFVII, but the game is already playable on PS3 and Vita. X isn't. And my PS2 is dead.

X is the better game anyway.
*raises flameshield*

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
RandV80 said:
Ukomba said:
Oh joy.

Now, I liked 10, It had a great combat system and the story wasn't bad, but it did start the loss of the over world map and 10-2 was... -_- I lost interest about half way through.
excalipoor said:
RandV80 said:
As far as the X-2 battle system goes I thought it suffered from only having a 3-member party. Been some time since I played it and I only ever got around 20 hours in but from what I recall while I tried to stay flexible and try different jobs I always had to keep switching back to my goto formation, especially for bosses. I think it was white mage+black mage+melee, so basically the MMO routine with the melee the only one you had a few options to actually experiment with. Having a 4th party member like in FF III and V would have let me branch out more with some of the more original jobs.
FFX-2 allows class changes mid-battle though, and in that way Spherechange is a precursor to FFXIII's Paradigm Shift. You don't need to stick to a particular party setup, hell, 3 Dark Knights worked just fine for me. Swapping a White Mage in to heal is easy enough, or you can just spam items. Class systems in the early Final Fantasies are more rigid in that winning is more about preparation than anything else.
Yes you could switch jobs mid battle but when the battles get tougher that doesn't matter much if they weren't good at another job. You try to build them up to be good at other jobs but then I was constantly switching my good white mage back to and keeping her in the healer role. Which meant the only option to break the stalemate would be to grind grind grind.

As a disclaimer I should add that I've always held the opinion for JRPG's that the bigger the party the better, and have always held a grievance with Square following FFVII that apparently think a party of 3 is the perfect number.
FF4's 5 man group all the way!

Not just party size but character pool size. I loved having more than a dozen characters to choose from in 6, and it allowed them to break them into 3 teams of 4 and have lots of character interactions and side stories and powers ext.

If anything X-2 is showing the lazy way to do that. Rather than have a unique and identifiable characters, you have 3 characters so modular that they don't really have an identity. If they split the jobs up so only Yuna could have the Gunner, Songstress, White Mage, Mascot, and Gun Mage then it would have feel more like they were their own characters.

thetoddo

May 18, 2010
X-2 being packaged with X is nifty, I actually really enjoyed 2 once I got over the fact that I was playing JEM: The Truly Truly Truly Outrageous Adventures of Yuna and Pals.

If they REALLY want my money though (not in a rush to buy this since my PS2 still works) they should include an online multiplayer Blitzball game. I'd probably be tempted to spend a few bucks on microtransactions to unlock uniform options.

johnnyLupine

Nov 19, 2008
l3o2828 said:
You know, i never played Final Fantasy X until this year, because i decided HEY, i might give this classic game a try and bought it.
And i got to the Airship proper, being able to travel anywhere... and i have been trying to do the sidequests and play the minigames, and i found out both are horribly designed and the minigames are frustrating.
As for the characters they're...paper thin.
The story isn't even that good. And no, i don't hate Tidus, i just hate how little developed this characters get.
Also the game is stupidly easy...well, it is until you go and fight the bonus bosses, then it becomes Shin Megami Tensei designed by Hitler. Pretty much making it necessary for you to grind yourself to the maximum AND having the best weapons available which sadly are tied to the goddamn minigames...In Shin Megami Tensei you could beat any boss with just the right strategy atleast.
It's just a dumb unlikeable game, i don't really get the fuss about it. And no. I won't be buying this regardless, as i already own the International Version.
This is certainly going to be a case of 'to each their own' but I would appreciate it if you could at least explain why you believe the characters are poor. I can understand someone disliking the chocobo racing and perhaps even blitzball but I seriously believe that the characters deserve a little more credit.

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
thetoddo said:
If they REALLY want my money though (not in a rush to buy this since my PS2 still works) they should include an online multiplayer Blitzball game. I'd probably be tempted to spend a few bucks on microtransactions to unlock uniform options.
Man, I'd buy a PS3 for this. I actually hoped they'd release a standalone Blitzball game, back in the day. I already had my own fantasy Blitzball league. We even had pretend matches of Blitzball at the pool with me and a couple of friends, though eventually it just turned into water polo, because diving with a ball is damn hard...

Those people saying Blitzball is the worst minigame ever, they just don't know!

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
That's awesome news! =) I'm more stoked for FFX since it is simply a far superior game but I had the feeling that when I finish it again, I'd want to re-play FFX-2 just to replay the whole story and doing that with the original one after the first game was redone in HD would only help to make X-2 look inferior. At least I get to play the inferior one in HD as well!

I was really hoping when I clicked on this thread that news of a release date would be out though =/ aww...

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Ukomba said:
Not just party size but character pool size. I loved having more than a dozen characters to choose from in 6, and it allowed them to break them into 3 teams of 4 and have lots of character interactions and side stories and powers ext.
The reason I'm not a big fan of that is that it works against you to level all of them up. FF6 offered loads of characters to choose from to create your party and I found myself outright ignoring half of them - you just didn't need them all. To try and level them all, consider their equipment, etc etc was just too much work and required a fair bit of grinding if you wanted to do it - you could simply pick about 7 of them, concentrate on them and still be ready for anything. The amount of character interaction is great and all but its just not worth it.

Even in FFX, I barely used Kimahri or Rikku - the other five could normally handle whatever was in front of you.

Having said that, it's great when the story naturally splits the party up and introduces new ones as in how FF4 did it - I still felt like there was a lot of character development and interaction but didn't have to worry about too many people at once.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
johnnyLupine said:
l3o2828 said:
You know, i never played Final Fantasy X until this year, because i decided HEY, i might give this classic game a try and bought it.
And i got to the Airship proper, being able to travel anywhere... and i have been trying to do the sidequests and play the minigames, and i found out both are horribly designed and the minigames are frustrating.
As for the characters they're...paper thin.
The story isn't even that good. And no, i don't hate Tidus, i just hate how little developed this characters get.
Also the game is stupidly easy...well, it is until you go and fight the bonus bosses, then it becomes Shin Megami Tensei designed by Hitler. Pretty much making it necessary for you to grind yourself to the maximum AND having the best weapons available which sadly are tied to the goddamn minigames...In Shin Megami Tensei you could beat any boss with just the right strategy atleast.
It's just a dumb unlikeable game, i don't really get the fuss about it. And no. I won't be buying this regardless, as i already own the International Version.
This is certainly going to be a case of 'to each their own' but I would appreciate it if you could at least explain why you believe the characters are poor. I can understand someone disliking the chocobo racing and perhaps even blitzball but I seriously believe that the characters deserve a little more credit.
You're right , perhaps i'm not giving the characters enough credit. Lulu , Wakka, Auron, Yuna...They're all round characters with visible archs and actually quite noble ideals. It's just that the plot is really not that good.
The whole 'Trying to rid the world of suffering by killing everyone' is a pretty damn stupid concept, even for an innocently evil man who just had a rough life as a kid....Before i spoil a 10 year old game further i'll just say that the bad guys really phone it in.

New World Fool

Feb 15, 2013
Kakulukia said:
Siege_TF said:
I don't want FFXI HD, I want FFVII HD! Is there anyone who will say "I would prefer an HD remix of FFX over FFVII!"? I don't think there is!
I do. I would welcome a better translation for FFVII, but the game is already playable on PS3 and Vita. X isn't. And my PS2 is dead.

X is the better game anyway.
*raises flameshield*
Final Fantasy Ten... Better than seven!? This guy are sick!