Final Fantasy XIII Sells 1.5M, Gets 35% Attach Rate

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
No thanks, I already saw Avatar..

I've reached my awesome cgi film quota for the year.

Honestly I dont know why anyone would get excited over this..
a Final Fantasy game in Japan is going to be a big seller just like a new Madden Game here in the states.
It's all geography and demographics.
It's going to be the world wide sales numbers that will define it's success, although I already expect them to be extraordinarily high.

But then again, I'd expect the same from a Halo game in the U.S.

Phantom_Natal

Sep 2, 2009
It did surprise me to read that the third of their population owned the game, that's just crazy.
I wish I could play it.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
lordlee said:
Pretending that 12's story wasn't by far the best part of it
FOOLS, ALL OF YOU.

The localization was also actually quite good, aside from that one bit of pronunciation.

Or maybe Fran and Balthier's VAs were just so good I took no notice of anyone else.
I agree that Balthier was amazing. The only problem was he was the only good thing about the story. It never felt like what you did ever really had an impact and even your character says at some point that it feels like he's only along for the ride. That isn't what Final Fantasy should be. It should be you getting a bunch of people together and saving the world. Not runing around watching everyone else do it.

Fun fact: The original plan was for you to play Balthier instead of the annoying little shit we ended up with.

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
GloatingSwine said:
Ninjamedic said:
The DSM said:
The Execs at square will be swimming in money.

On regards to the game, Im skeptical, its been in freefall since 10, but we will see.
If it repairs the combat from XII ill consider it.
See, everyone spunked over the combat in Dragon Age, despite the fact that it's just a slightly more restrictive Gambit system...
FINALLY someone in the universe actually has sense or a pair of eyes