Find Your Perfect Career by Choosing Colors

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
primary; social manager: fuck no.
secondary; creator: i wish, but sadly, i have no talent in this field.

my analysis: test is bad and should feel bad.

Danzavare

Oct 17, 2010
Did the full one:
Best Occupational Category
You're an ORGANIZER
Keywords

Self-Control, Practical, Self-Contained, Orderly, Systematic, Precise, and Accurate

These conservative appearing, plotting-types enjoy organizing, data systems, accounting, detail, and accuracy. They often enjoy mathematics and data management activities such as accounting and investment management. Persistence and patience allows them to do detailed paperwork, operate office machines, write business reports, and make charts and graphs.

ORGANIZER CAREERS
Suggested careers are Administrator, Secretary, Printer, Paralegal, Building Inspector, Bank Cashier, Private Secretary, Statistician, Operations Manager, Financial Analyst, Bookkeeper, Medical Records Technician, Developer of Business or Computer Systems, Clerical Worker, Proofreader, Accountant, Administrative Assistant, Banker, Certified Public Accountant, Credit Manager, Store Salesperson, Actuary, Dental Assistant, Business Education Teacher, Food Service Manager, IRS Agent, Budget Analyst, and Underwriter.

ORGANIZER WORKPLACES
Your very careful, conscientious, conservative nature gives others the confidence to trust you with handling money and material possessions. Structured organizations that have well-ordered chains of command work best for you.

Suggested Organizer workplaces are large corporations, business offices, financial lending institutions, banks, insurance companies, accounting firms, and quality control and inspection departments.

These suggestions are terrible, I'd never consider any of those jobs! D: I can be precise and orderly, I just don't often choose to be. <.<; I suppose I can critique things quite harshly thoroughly if that counts.

The shorter one works better for me:
Red-Orange

If you selected red and orange: You use facts compiled from past mistakes and successes to deliver strong opinions that are hard to refute. Others learn invaluable information from your critiques about the efficiency of a project.

Make more money in areas where you can sail your own ship by constantly examining, in detail, what needs to be done and express your opinion when things go off course.
Edit: Missed the second occupation
2nd Best Occupational Category
You're a RESEARCHER
Keywords:

Independent, Self-Motivated, Reserved, Introspective, Analytical, and Curious

These investigative types gather information, analyze and interpret data, and inquire to uncover new facts. They have a strong scientific orientation, enjoy academic or research environments and prefer self-reliant jobs. Dislikes are group projects, selling, and repetitive activities.
That one works for me, I'm a university student looking to make a career out of it~!

[sub]I also want to set everyone else involved in my last group project on fire. <.<[/sub]

kitsuta

<Clever Title Here>
Jan 10, 2011
soren7550 said:
Yeah, second one doesn't apply to me. It says to go to Grand Canyon University (I live in New York, and I really don't want to go to Arizona), it's a prestigious Christian university (I'm an Atheist, and sort of resent the Christian faith), offers some of the best online education programs in the nation (if I'm on the computer, I'm most likely going to faff about on the internet), and offers bachelors and master's degree programs through the Ken Blanchard College of Business, College of Education, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, College of Christian Studies and College of Liberal Arts & Sciences (fields of study that I don't care to study).
Apologies for not clarifying this in the OP - in the long version of the test, there's a kind of advertisement before the actual results page. It is, as far as I can tell, just a randomly-selected private educational institution. It's not related to how you answered the questions.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Here we go.
You're a CREATOR

Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional
These original types place a high value on self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Areas of interest are far beyond the expected fields of art, drama, music, and writing. There are many occupations that allow creators to express, assemble, or implement ideas and maximize resources.
and

You're a SOCIAL MANAGER

Tactful, Cooperative, Generous, Understanding, Insightful, Friendly, and Cheerful
This very social type enjoys working in groups, sharing responsibilities, and being the center of attention. Fields of interest are instructing, helping, nurturing, care giving and instructing-especially young people. They discuss and consider feelings in order to solve problems, lead, direct, persuade, guide, organize and enlighten others.
Heh, I'm surprised. It's pretty accurate with how I am at the moment and with what I'm doing. My course, Communication And Multi-media Design is pretty much a combo of those two things. I'm more of a social manager than a truly creative person though as with group work I usually fill that role

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
That was inaccurate.

Unlike what most people had here I actually arrived with an answer that just was so vague and essentially generic that it barely actually had any overlap with what I am.

Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional.

The last one there is the most amusing really. "Emotional. I'm the one who stands there with no emotion whilst everyone else in the room is balling their eyes out. Same with Sensitive, Romantic, Expresive and Impulsive.

The other bit that is almost funny is the recomended career choices based upon it:
Educational careers, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, have constant demands for new perspectives or better methods. Without flexibility, however these careers are a not a good fit. Careers that typically have these qualities, but not always, are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, , Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.
I started actually laughing when it said English Teacher. Considering that was my worst subject and I am dislexic.

No Sciences? Not even Sociology or Psychology? Not one? Biology maybe even?

Nope.
Okay what I expected waste of time and completely inaccurate.

Zyst

Jan 15, 2010
You're an ORGANIZER
Keywords

Self-Control, Practical, Self-Contained, Orderly, Systematic, Precise, and Accurate

These conservative appearing, plotting-types enjoy organizing, data systems, accounting, detail, and accuracy. They often enjoy mathematics and data management activities such as accounting and investment management. Persistence and patience allows them to do detailed paperwork, operate office machines, write business reports, and make charts and graphs.

ORGANIZER CAREERS
Suggested careers are Administrator, Secretary, Printer, Paralegal, Building Inspector, Bank Cashier, Private Secretary, Statistician, Operations Manager, Financial Analyst, Bookkeeper, Medical Records Technician, Developer of Business or Computer Systems, Clerical Worker, Proofreader, Accountant, Administrative Assistant, Banker, Certified Public Accountant, Credit Manager, Store Salesperson, Actuary, Dental Assistant, Business Education Teacher, Food Service Manager, IRS Agent, Budget Analyst, and Underwriter.

ORGANIZER WORKPLACES
Your very careful, conscientious, conservative nature gives others the confidence to trust you with handling money and material possessions. Structured organizations that have well-ordered chains of command work best for you.

Suggested Organizer workplaces are large corporations, business offices, financial lending institutions, banks, insurance companies, accounting firms, and quality control and inspection departments.

You're a RESEARCHER
Keywords:

These investigative types gather information, analyze and interpret data, and inquire to uncover new facts. They have a strong scientific orientation, enjoy academic or research environments and prefer self-reliant jobs. Dislikes are group projects, selling, and repetitive activities.

Section I: You and Your Team
This personality overview section highlights your natural workplace talents&#1588;he tasks you pursue with passion. You'll learn how your natural strengths complement those of your coworkers and how, joining forces, you can resolve on-the-job dilemmas.
Section II: Your Key To Success
Here you discover your capacity for dispelling disruption and maximizing profitability. Use this proven, beyond-self-perception advice to create a more positive career path free of detours.
Section III: Managing Strengths and Weaknesses
Your evaluation's highest and lowest scores result in this section's recommendations for staying on-track in your career and reversing wrong turns. In focusing on your talents and missteps, you'll re-stoke your energy and enthusiasm for managing costly mistakes.
Section IV: Leadership Power Moves
This final section identifies your "street sense," those power moves that turn obstacles into insignificant details. Here suggestions based on your color-ranked evaluations will guide you towards making the most of an interview or harnessing your fast-paced workday.

I work as a programming consultant, don't really care for this kind of exams but it does mention I'd be 'good' at that, who knows.

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
You're an ORGANIZER
KEYWORDS
ORGANIZER CAREERS
ORGANIZER WORKPLACES

You're a DOER
KEYWORDS:
Emotionally Stable, Reliable, High Energy, Practical, Thrifty, and Persistent
These adventurous types prefer action-oriented, concrete problems rather than dealing with thought-provoking, ambiguous, abstract dilemmas. Fields of interest include mechanical, construction, and outdoor careers. They might also enjoy working with machines, tools, and equipment to repair or build something.

SECTION I: YOU AND YOUR TEAM
This personality overview section highlights your natural workplace talents&#1588;he tasks you pursue with passion. You'll learn how your natural strengths complement those of your coworkers and how, joining forces, you can resolve on-the-job dilemmas.
SECTION II: YOUR KEY TO SUCCESS
Here you discover your capacity for dispelling disruption and maximizing profitability. Use this proven, beyond-self-perception advice to create a more positive career path free of detours.
SECTION III: MANAGING STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
Your evaluation's highest and lowest scores result in this section's recommendations for staying on-track in your career and reversing wrong turns. In focusing on your talents and missteps, you'll re-stoke your energy and enthusiasm for managing costly mistakes.
SECTION IV: LEADERSHIP POWER MOVES
This final section identifies your "street sense," those power moves that turn obstacles into insignificant details. Here suggestions based on your color-ranked evaluations will guide you towards making the most of an interview or harnessing your fast-paced workday.
Totally wrong... I hate math and keep nothing organized. Working at the till was the worst part about my job. The second one is a little more accurate, as now I'm in animation school, so there are less theoretical problems and more technical skill needed. But I certainly don't want to work outdoors either.

I picked a lot of blues with an aversion to yellows.

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
Extremely wrong for me. It put me in education and organization fields. I don't mind teaching others but it's definitely not one of my favorite things. I hate organization, it's potentially my weakest trait.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
This is fun...

Short test was red/purple. Seems to mean I can see through emotions to get to the facts. And I'm very calming which is rather news to me.

Long version: I am a creator. Or a researcher. I'm assuming that's if the first one didn't work out.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
You're a CREATOR
KEYWORDS
Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional
These original types place a high value on self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Areas of interest are far beyond the expected fields of art, drama, music, and writing. There are many occupations that allow creators to express, assemble, or implement ideas and maximize resources.

I am actually surprised, this actually is a pretty accurate description of me. I am a Musician and I am usually nonconforming to the norm. I'm not very expressive but I do like to create things so that's a kind of expression I guess. Not a romantic to a degree but I am Chivalrous most of the time if that counts :/ . However emotional does not really describe me but I can empathise with people easily and will protect someone if they are emotionally unstable, Musically I listen and write alot of music which is atmospheric and filled with emotion, and my favorite Anime, TV shows, Books and games are ones which can cause an emotional reaction

No social life

Oct 27, 2010
You're a RESEARCHER
Keywords

e investigative types gather information, analyze and interpret data, and inquire to uncover new facts. They have a strong scientific orientation, enjoy academic or research environments and prefer self-reliant jobs. Dislikes are group projects, selling, and repetitive activities.

RESEARCHER OCCUPATIONS
Suggested careers are College Professor, Physician, Psychologist, Pharmacist, Chemist, Marketing Research, Inventor, Sales Forecasting, Project Engineer, Dentist, Identifying Consumer Demand, Chiropractor, Dentist, Medical Technician, Optometrist, Research & Development Manager, Respiratory Therapist, Real Estate Appraiser, Chiropractor, Veterinarian, Geologist, Physicist, Science Teacher, Medical Technologist, and Author of Technical Books.

RESEARCHER WORKPLACES
Task-oriented careers where you can become absorbed in the job, be original and creative, and not conform to rigid company rules will work best for you. Unstructured organizations, for example, that allow you to sail your own ship are vital.

Suggested Researcher workplaces are universities and colleges, home office positions, medical facilities, computer-related industries, scientific foundations and think tanks, research firms, and design laboratories.

You're an ORGANIZER
Keywords:

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised.

May 29, 2011
Apparently I'm an organizer first, persuader second.

I'd say that's creepily accurate but my mind is almost certainly being biased. If it had said something alse I'd have made up other reasons why it was accurate.

But still it SEEMS pretty accurate. And it is a bit odd how the short test and the long test both gave me pretty much the same results.

frizzlebyte

Oct 20, 2008
Pretty interesting, and spot on. Researcher/Organizer.

well, way less organizer, but researcher is so accurate it hurts.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Golan Trevize said:

You're a RESEARCHER
Keywords

e investigative types gather information, analyze and interpret data, and inquire to uncover new facts. They have a strong scientific orientation, enjoy academic or research environments and prefer self-reliant jobs. Dislikes are group projects, selling, and repetitive activities.

RESEARCHER OCCUPATIONS
Suggested careers are College Professor, Physician, Psychologist, Pharmacist, Chemist, Marketing Research, Inventor, Sales Forecasting, Project Engineer, Dentist, Identifying Consumer Demand, Chiropractor, Dentist, Medical Technician, Optometrist, Research & Development Manager, Respiratory Therapist, Real Estate Appraiser, Chiropractor, Veterinarian, Geologist, Physicist, Science Teacher, Medical Technologist, and Author of Technical Books.

RESEARCHER WORKPLACES
Task-oriented careers where you can become absorbed in the job, be original and creative, and not conform to rigid company rules will work best for you. Unstructured organizations, for example, that allow you to sail your own ship are vital.

Suggested Researcher workplaces are universities and colleges, home office positions, medical facilities, computer-related industries, scientific foundations and think tanks, research firms, and design laboratories.

You're an ORGANIZER
Keywords:

?Section I: You and Your Team
?Section II: Your Key To Success
?Section III: Managing Strengths and Weaknesses
?Section IV: Leadership Power Moves

Not bad, not bad at all.
This is the same one I got. Seeing as I am currently studying chemistry and biology with the intent of being a science teacher this actually seemed like it was a decent fit. I am guessing this isn't really that scientific or even very accurate, but it's interesting that it managed to hit the target perfectly.