First console and game

Chris646

Jan 3, 2011
I think my first console was the SNES and the first game was either A Link to the Past or Super Mario World.

Socken

Jan 29, 2009
Sega Master System II with integrated Alex Kidd in Miracle World or something. First game I remember playing though is Sonic the Hedgehog.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Sega Megadrive and Sonic the Hedgehog. It took me years to be able to finish it, despite being able to finish 2 and 3&K. Sodding Labyrinth Zone.

The mantis robots in Metropolis were almost as bad though: I specifically remember the one that waited at the top of a huge pit full of those bouncy yellow triangle things and just trolled you every time you got to the top.

GeneWard

Feb 23, 2011
An N64 with Goldeneye, Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie. This was in 2003 though so it really wasn't that spoilt. The controller still has massive sentimental value to me, with its taped right hand grip with a crack in it, still rests in the attic to this day.

face_head_mouth

Sep 16, 2010
First system: Original NES with Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt pack-in game

First game I (meaning 'my mother') bought for it: Pac-Man

Mortier

Jul 19, 2009
Yellow Game Boy Colour with -I think- Pokemon *insert random colour here*.
Maybe it was another game, but I can't remember. I did borrow Pokemon Blue from a friend (which I still have to this day, because he didn't want it back :p)
Left me with fond and less fond memories, though.

My older cousin had one of those bigass grey, older Game Boys and had a variety of games for it (like Tetris and uhmm... ah yes, Primal Rage, fantastic Dinosaur game haha)
Unfortunately he died of cancer, so it tends to remind me of him and when we went to the zoo with him a few days before he died.

Ah well, memories be memories.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Playstation One and some demo disc. I didn't know what the hell a demo was then, so I was a bit curious about why the games always started in the middle of everything and why it suddenly ended.
Later on got Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot from my mother. It was the birth of my gaming addiction!

DonMartin

Apr 2, 2010
A Playstation and Stuart Little 2.

What? Shut up. You know so little. So Stuart Little.

I bought that around the time the PS2 came out. Then, a few years before the PS3, I got a PS2. Then, I got a NES. Then, my brothers got a Wii. Now, I am thoroughly enjoying my PS3.

..Until I started playing Team Fortress 2, and moved on to occupy our family's huge iMac constantly.

Yeah.

EDIT: Hold on, though! I bought a Gameboy Colour from my friend even before the Playstation. And with it Super Mario Bros. Deluxe. It was sweet. I still play it sometimes.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Consoles? snarf snarf I had a PC and Age of empires two, Now get away from me you filthy little urchins

If we are talking consoles only it was the Xbox and Halo2 LEGENDRY EDITION!
YEAH!

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
N64 and either GoldenEye or Ocarina of Time. I did get a console that was pre-N64 but it wasn't the first one I played on. I am so glad my dad showed me vidya gaming, this shit is so AWESHUM!

ace518

Jun 27, 2011
atari 7800 - pole position (came with console) first game owned... and I think, first game played.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Well, I typically played games at my older cousin's house. The first console I was ever exposed the N64 while playing Starfox 64. They also showed me the NES, Dreamcast, Sega Master system, etc etc...man I miss those guys! Not too mention, my neighbor Devin had a PS1 which was boss by the way. However, I don't think that counts here. The first console I ever actually owned was a PS2 I got on my 8th birthday. Bricks were shat and it was the best birthday ever. The first game I ever got was Lego: Soccer Mania. Say what you want but that was the shit back then!

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
NES and Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt
gCrusher said:
December of 1988, we got a Nintendo Entertainment System Action Set which included the Super Mario Brothers/Duck Hunt bundle, two controllers and a zapper. In addition to this, we also got Life Force and Galaga: Demons of Death. Likely means they crashed about $320 that Christmas.

No sleep was had in the house for a solid week.
Galaga: Demons of Death was my second game on that system and I loved that game. I think I spent more time on that game than I did with Mario.

EDIT: The NES was a hand-me-down from my brother so while he got to play the SNES I had the NES....oh well.

Chromanin

Apr 6, 2010
Nintendo Entertainment System with the Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt hybrid cartridge.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
gCrusher said:
-Dragmire- said:
NES - Mario/Duck Hunt

got the Mario/Duck Hunt/Olympics with running pad too, beats the hell out of the balance board for exercise.
Didn't most people just get on their knees and slap the buttons with their hands really fast?
nah, you could go faster by standing on your toes and rapidly pressing the pad with your heels.
Trust me, it's alot more work than it sounds, and your character's legs had a non-intentional sonic/roadrunner effect.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
SNES with Super Mario allstars when my dad came home with the console it blew my little 3 year old mind. Later on we got games like Super Mario Kart and Legend of Zelda: A link to the past as well as an ice hockey game. I spent many a happy time with my dad playing those games. I always won :D