First Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Details Leaked

L4hlborg

Jul 11, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Totally doing an agile MageBlade.

Daggers and magic...My true loves. They rarely go together very well, though. With daggers having short reach, and mages being frail.

And I pray for the return of the Boots of Blinding Speed.
I wouldn't mind an upgraded version of Boots of Springheel Jack either. +100 agility or something would be nice. I always liked keeping the pair and think of alternative ways to survive the drop in the Thieve's guild final quest.

These improvements seem like they are going to improve the game. Sounds good so far.

toomuchnothing

Jul 5, 2010
/drool

I had a feeling they'd be end up blending some fallout stuff in as I really think somewhere between the 2 lies a great system. Classes were so pointless in oblivion that I can easily see why they got rid of them and as for perks I wonder if they replace the apprentice, journeyman etc perks that they already had or these are a new addition. The change to enemies scaling is a welcome addition as having to fight every 2nd bandit in full ebony plate when you were high enough was simply draining. Finally thank god for the leveling system revamp, the whole "majors are minors" so you could have a small edge over the leveling enemies was annoying.

edit: oh I don't think it said which skills are getting cut but if anything I'd think it'd be some of the spell skills that didn't have much use beyond 1 or 2 spells (looking at you alteration shields and feather!)or maybe athletics/acrobatics got merged or something inbetween.

edit2: ah ha! Mysticism bites the dust.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Cheeseman Muncher said:
Fit. =3

Especially the dual wield bit. Dual wielded shields here I come!
Giving a new meaning to the classic RPG archetype of "Tank".

Vothriller

Jan 6, 2011
Dual wielding, at last. In addition the old level scaling system will not be missed, I mean, it made the game more balanced but less fun.
Well, looking forward to it.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
GIMME GIMME GIMME (A man after midnight)!!

Seriously though, I can't FREAKING wait to dual-wield shields!!!

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
Fallout3s levelling system wasn't really an improvement thanks to its habit of dropping multiple albino radscorps & super mutant masters all over the place at high levels.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
More like Fallout 3? Good. Fallout 3 was Bethesda's best game and one of the best games of all time. Me likey.

War-hamster

Apr 5, 2010
lacktheknack said:
Can your shield be used as a weapon? If so, I'm going to make the most difficult to damage character EVER.
Yes you can, it said so in the magazine :D
I wonder if you can carry 2 shields?

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
The Gentleman said:
But I didn't hear what I wanted to hear: new engine?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106063-Bethesda-Ditching-Old-Tech-for-New-Elder-Scrolls-Game

CitySquirrel

Jun 1, 2010
RobCoxxy said:
<3 Oblivion, I shall probably love this.
As long as the main quest is ACTUALLY SOMEWHAT LENGHTY THIS TIME.
Seriously, avoid sidemissions on Oblivion and you whiz through the main quest.
Haha... whereas I did almost none of the main quest but maxed my levels doing all the side missions and stuff and still felt like I had finished the game and gotten my money's worth.

I can't wait for this... it looks amazing. Though I remember people criticizing Fallout 3 as Oblivion with guns... will this trigger the hordes complaining about Fallout in fantasy world?

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Bethesda, please take a page from Condemned and make melee feel like it has impact.
That will improve your melee combat drastically.

"No classes"
OH PLEASE, there might as well have been no classes to begin with!
All they did was determine your starting skills, where it went from there was entirely up to you. You didn't change a bloody thing.

"Leveling up is more like Fallout 3"
Well, that part I can agree with..if only because Oblivion's leveling system was completely broken.

So, I wonder if bows will suck tremendous amounts of ass since there's now no real reason to use them.
What's better? An easily dodged arrow, or dual-wielded fireball spells?
Knowing Bethesda, they'll just import the bow system from Oblivion verbatim to make the other combat options look better in comparison.

Oh, and because of how magic works, we're already guaranteed that it will be the same boring nonsense as before.
"Fire Touch. Ice Touch. Lightning Touch. Poison Touch."
"Fire Hadoken. Ice Hadoken. Lightning Hadoken. Poison Hadoken."
"Fire Grenade. Ice Grenade. Lightning Grenade. Poison Grenade."

All with possible "burn durations".

Without additional effects or types, combat magic quickly becomes little more than a self-recharging elemental crossbow.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
War-hamster said:
lacktheknack said:
Can your shield be used as a weapon? If so, I'm going to make the most difficult to damage character EVER.
Yes you can, it said so in the magazine :D
I wonder if you can carry 2 shields?
Theoretically, yes, as you should be able to carry anything in either hand...

Epic tank, here I come! :D

SangRahl

Feb 11, 2009
The dual wielding addition is nice... Especially the idea of dual spells, or spell&shield.

But, I tend to inherently play sneaky classes. What I hated was having to mod in alternate entrances into the cities of Oblivion. A tunnel here, a ladder there... Once I had those, I almost never used the front gate again, even if I didn't have any heat from the crime-seeking-radar equipped guards. Gimme this, and I'll be happy as a raccoon in a pantry.