First Party Xbox One Games Will Cost $60

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Slated for $120 in Australia! Hooray!

Region locked and no used games, ensuring that price is more or less set in stone! Hooray!

They'll probably cost that much from Xbox LIVE! Hooray!

Xbox go home!

Quantupus

Apr 15, 2009
Well... why would the price go up? It's not like the games on the Xbox One will be any more advanced than Crysis on the PC, and Crysis 3 released at $60.00. What reason would they have to hike the price up? Just to offset the cost of developing the new console?

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
I fear the $60 also will count for their digital downloads.

Why do people buy games on steam.. have you seen the price cuts there. Hey it is digital, you don't get a booklet, cannot resell it, no disc.. you bind your bougt game to the service. BUT its cheaper. Quite a bit cheaper!

If microsoft is as stupid as Origin is [full frame for games.. but you won't get a booklet, box, disc etc.oh and you can't resell] then people will dislike such.

Steam sells allot BECAUSE its cheaper.

tdylan

Jun 17, 2011
I think only a few people are catching that this is only for FIRST PARTY GAMES. How many launch titles are first party versus third party?

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
I look at $60 & see "dinner for two at any decent restaurant in Canada." Suddenly $60 for a game I can play (probably) forever seems like nothing.

Kiya

Mar 22, 2012
masticina said:
It is not always cheaper at launch for new AAA titles, it depends on the publisher - however if you are patient, within a few months most of them will have a sale (unless they are by Activision) And if you can be patient enough to wait for the regular Summer/Winter holiday sales where nearly every game in the Steam catalogue gets some kind of discount you can get some amazing deals.

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
Kiya said:
masticina said:
It is not always cheaper at launch for new AAA titles, it depends on the publisher - however if you are patient, within a few months most of them will have a sale (unless they are by Activision) And if you can be patient enough to wait for the regular Summer/Winter holiday sales where nearly every game in the Steam catalogue gets some kind of discount you can get some amazing deals.
True true you have to wait. And yes pre-ordering titles or buying it first month you will pay full price. I guess if you are a fan of Call of Duty type of games that kinda sucks. After all do you want to wait for the price to go down?

But yes many games are lovely cheaper. That makes the pain of not being able to resell it allot more survivable.

TK421

Apr 16, 2009
luvd1 said:
Oo, that's nice, wonder if Sony are going to announce a silly price riding on the back of the happy wave they've been enjoying for the last week. That would be an unfortunate thing to do.
You mean like how they required PS+ to play multiplayer now?

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
TK421 said:
luvd1 said:
Oo, that's nice, wonder if Sony are going to announce a silly price riding on the back of the happy wave they've been enjoying for the last week. That would be an unfortunate thing to do.
You mean like how they required PS+ to play multiplayer now?
As long as I still get my free games and discounts, I give a s@&t. Microsoft had been drilling me for that for 10 years and just gave me junk mail.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
sb666 said:
Oh come on, 60 dollars isn't a bad price. We pay 120 dollars for a new game in Australia.
It really isn't a bad price considering the history of game prices and inflation.

But what I can't stand is that people are taking their anger out on Microsoft thinking that it is their fault that the price will be higher in other countries.

The pricing in other countries isn't Microsoft's fault because they have no say in what the price is overseas. If people have a problem with the price, they should take it up with their government and its control of import taxes and other taxes they may choose to bring on that type of media.

The only thing that Microsoft could do is slash the price in half in the US, which would lower the cost in other countries, but that would be business suicide.

The problem is that you lot overseas would still complain at the prices, because you'd still be paying more than the US.