First Person Shooters Need Strong Multiplayer Says Crysis 2 Producer

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
ActionDan said:
Abedeus said:
Also, only 2 months to travel in time forward, buy those 64-cored CPUs and come back for Crysis 2.
Not needed. This new installment actually uses LESS system resources, which I find incredible.

On topic however, I believe he is ABSOLUTELY COMPLETELY WRONG. Valve, PLEASE don't take any of this seriously, keep the Half Life series Single Player, that is what you do best, and I suggest that no one else takes this seriously either.
I guess, I mean... It will run on Xbox 360. And Crysis Warhead looked and ran better on more or less the same PCs.a

Balaxe

Mar 24, 2009
Is it me or do these developers have a major stick up their ass. They're making a FPS that involves fighting aliens in a destroyed city, the soldiers all were super suits that give the player a sprint function and invisibility and they keep going on about the "unique" game that they're making.

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
Abedeus said:
ActionDan said:
Abedeus said:
Also, only 2 months to travel in time forward, buy those 64-cored CPUs and come back for Crysis 2.
Not needed. This new installment actually uses LESS system resources, which I find incredible.

On topic however, I believe he is ABSOLUTELY COMPLETELY WRONG. Valve, PLEASE don't take any of this seriously, keep the Half Life series Single Player, that is what you do best, and I suggest that no one else takes this seriously either.
I guess, I mean... It will run on Xbox 360. And Crysis Warhead looked and ran better on more or less the same PCs.a
Just because it uses system resources, doesn't mean it's going to be graphically worse. There's even an Escapist thread about this. It's only going to be graphically worse for consoles, whereas the PC version will have all it's graphically lovely stuffs.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
As a guy named for Xan Kriegor (first person to point out the mispelling in my name gets slapped) I only ever played the Unreal Tournament series singleplayer. Why? Because try playing it during class in high school and the teacher comes along and sees you just killed someone named "Huge_dick". True story from my 2008 senior year, I was playing Unreal tournament 2004 because learning how to use spreadsheets is a lot more dull and that happened. Needs a strong multiplayer you say? The only multiplayer game I play is called World of Tanks (my game of the year for 2011). That's all, nothing else. Why? Because you can have an epic multiplayer game but you can't change the fact that people are assholes. If you can fix that then yes I will gladly play it. Till then keep making singleplayer games more epic.

meece

Apr 15, 2008
Crysis1 did have a pretty nerve wracking multiplayer at times due to how good the cloak was.

On the other hand it wasn't exactly mold breaking in any way and buying any vehicles except VTOLS was really a total waste of money.

jonnosferatu

Mar 29, 2009
I agree - both need to be good, but if you don't have a stellar single-player mode, you're not going to sell well without good multiplayer.

I'm looking forward to Crysis 2, though, now that I have a PS3.

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
Tell that to Ken Levine and the other guys making Bioshock Infinite.

In my honest opinion, no game NEEDS multiplayer. Games should always focus on their single player campaigns first. After that is done, then you can make a multiplayer part. Many great games (Uncharted for example) can receive praise for having a great single player and a decent multiplayer.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
is this half admitting to having weak single player? and frankly i stopped enjoying crisis as much when i stopped killing the koreans. not being racist there, i just really enjoyed the standard ganeplay with an awesome suit, following their patrols and stylishly executing them one at a time. when the aliens turned up, i kinda stopped enjoying it as much

Royas

Apr 25, 2008
Eh, if he says so. Multiplayer is useless to me, I honestly couldn't tell you which games have multiplayer and which ones don't. If the single player game isn't strong enough to stand on it's own, you don't have a very good game.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
I'm going to say he's and idiot, while multiplayer is certainly good, nothing beats a well designed campaign.