Five dead and many more injured after and SUV runs over people at a Christmas parade in Wisconsin.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Just another case of self defense. Sure he drove to a location. Sure he had no business at the parade. But he really did feel like the sweet old ladies and high school marching band were a threat to him, and really how can we blame a nice white guy?!
What did the granny assault him for trying to put out a fire, then pursue him until he felt he was out of options to escape? The marching band tried to beat him with their instruments maybe? Then the 8 year old pretends to surrender, then aims his gun at the guy, intending to shoot or something?

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
He was dragged kicking and screaming (literally) through the sentencing, but the judge levied basically the maximum possible punishment on him.

6 consecutive life sentences without the possibility of parole, followed by 762 years without parole, followed by 305 years possibly with parole, along with 156 years 9 month concurrent with various other punishments here, and then 200 thousand dollars in fines, and then a few other minor fines. The judge got applause reading the sentences and named each victim individually.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
He was dragged kicking and screaming (literally) through the sentencing, but the judge levied basically the maximum possible punishment on him.

6 consecutive life sentences without the possibility of parole, followed by 762 years without parole, followed by 305 years possibly with parole, along with 156 years 9 month concurrent with various other punishments here, and then 200 thousand dollars in fines, and then a few other minor fines. The judge got applause reading the sentences and named each victim individually.
Good. Let him take his last breaths in the Striped Sunlight Hotel.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Yeah, sucks how the Anglosphere has to copy everything the US does.
Other countries have that as well.

Germany has its Reichsbürger movement, which is basically the same thing, claiming modern Germany is in reality a company, not a state and so on.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Other countries have that as well.

Germany has its Reichsbürger movement, which is basically the same thing, claiming modern Germany is in reality a company, not a state and so on.
Yeh, we got them too. Groups like Belgians For Freedom, and Burgerfront in the Netherlands (tho the latter seems to be mostly one dude with a small following). Tho they call themselves the even more stupid "stateless citizen". There was also a subset of people in the Gilets Jaunes movement that subscribe to the sovereigns citizen thing.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
edit: wow I'm dumb

edit 2: if you're wondering what this is about I thought this was a different shooting, the gay club shooting.

Last edited:

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Yeh, we got them too. Groups like Belgians For Freedom, and Burgerfront in the Netherlands (tho the latter seems to be mostly one dude with a small following). Tho they call themselves the even more stupid "stateless citizen". There was also a subset of people in the Gilets Jaunes movement that subscribe to the sovereigns citizen thing.
I always thought I'd be funny to tell them the state agree with their assessment and, as such, considered them illegal alien in the country and was going to deport them. But since they're not citizen of any state, the only possibility would be to drop them in international water in the middle of nowhere.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I always thought I'd be funny to tell them the state agree with their assessment and, as such, considered them illegal alien in the country and was going to deport them. But since they're not citizen of any state, the only possibility would be to drop them in international water in the middle of nowhere.
Yeah, don't think they've thought the full implications of declaring themselves stateless through. Could just go live in an airport terminal tho, except they probably won't get a Tom Hanks movie.
edit 2: if you're wondering what this is about I thought this was a different shooting, the gay club shooting.
It's not your fault. It's getting hard to distinguish between different mass shootings without adding extra descriptors. Take the Virginia Walmart shooting from yesterday, not to be confused with the El Paso Walmart shooting from a couple years back.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

Aw hell yeah. Now that he's failed at trial he can be a proper laughing stock as we watch him step on every landmine he set for himself at trial.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where

Aw hell yeah. Now that he's failed at trial he can be a proper laughing stock as we watch him step on every landmine he set for himself at trial.
I wonder if a public defender can fire their client. Like I know they're sworn to help them, but Brooks is absolutely the type to insist his appeals argument is an Uno reverse card or that Wisconsin never actually testified, therefore the trial is void and all charges dismissed.
I suspect this ends in 12-18 months with Brooks killing himself. He's too insane and self-centered to admit his sovereign citizen beliefs were bullshit and that yes, Governments do exist. But he's all too fragile to take responsibilities for his actions, as the trial proved.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I wonder if a public defender can fire their client. Like I know they're sworn to help them, but Brooks is absolutely the type to insist his appeals argument is an Uno reverse card or that Wisconsin never actually testified, therefore the trial is void and all charges dismissed.
I suspect this ends in 12-18 months with Brooks killing himself. He's too insane and self-centered to admit his sovereign citizen beliefs were bullshit and that yes, Governments do exist. But he's all too fragile to take responsibilities for his actions, as the trial proved.
Well one thing is that they said he's asking for a lawyer this time, but I'm not so sure. He wrote that he wanted one in a way that every reasonable person would believe, but we're talking about Brooks. He tried to argue this during trial that even after dismissing his lawyers he still had a right to be helped by them in writing his defense, so he might be planning on representing himself still and just wants a lawyer to do all the filings for him or whatever.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Bet he starts and abandons his manifesto to bring truth and enlightenment and the revolution to the American people beforehand, though.