Flashpoint

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
craddoke said:
So, I think that throw counts as a ....

Critical Miss.
http://mirrors.rit.edu/instantCSI/

In the previous episode, I said that this would go one of two ways, and that I hoped it would go the right way.

This was not the right way.

But strangely, it seems infinately more appropriate.

This webscomic has been grounded faster than Concorde. Points awarded

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
xXxJessicaxXx said:
If only he'd shown that reaction time when he was driving...
no kidding, Erin wouldn't be 'crazy' if it wasn't for him to begin with

craddoke said:
So, I think that throw counts as a ....

Critical Miss.
indeed, if it was, she'd have hit her self with it

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Belated said:
For those of you wondering why the color changing underwear, I think it's a reference to this post made about the previous strip:
malignzeitgeist said:
I know this is trying to be a tame bit of wish-fulfillment and this is just a small gripe. But can we get more interesting types of underwear on the girls? I mean, understandably this is not the main focus of the strip but it just seems odd that Mol, who was about to be having some fun times would be wearing plain ol' white tighty-whities.
Notice the "Who says we don't listen to criticism?" comment at the bottom of this comic. When I read that, I just had to investigate.
Also the hilarious part of Malignzeitgeist's comment was that it was his first comment on the escapist... which made it look like he had made an account, just to request more interesting undergarments... :p

I laughed so much when I saw they actually had coloured underwear, in fact it was the first thing I looked at in the strip, to see if the above comment had worked...!

So the question is... which one is everyones favourite? I like Erin's green and yellow ones in the first panel... reminds me of one of these:

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Whats up with this drama? Do you really want to go down the Ctrl+Alt+Del miscarriage route? Remember how much ridicule that attracted?

SteewpidZombie

Dec 31, 2010
Wow...really depressing comic this time...I...just can't get over it...I'm almost crying...THOSE POOR SKYRIM SAVES! I hope they'll be okay... XD

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
I wish my underpants had the power to change pattern and color, that'd be awesome!

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
LazyAza said:
I wish my underpants had the power to change pattern and color, that'd be awesome!
If I had magic underwear, I would not wear trousers either.

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
wooty said:
I hope the ending to this saga is good, otherwise ill have to start up the "take back critical miss" movement, then boycott this comic, then threaten you with legal action, then make endless threads on why I dont like the ending.

Or I could just enjoy it and carry on with life.
Course Critical miss is free where as ME was 60 bucks for 3 installments + DLC not to mention I could sit down and read all of CM is less time then I have invested in a single play through of ME

thepyrethatburns

Sep 22, 2010
soren7550 said:
wintercoat said:
Sandytimeman said:
actually it makes perfect sense why she did that. I know, for a life time of therapy. When someone calls you crazy and you are struggling with problems...it makes you mad, makes you feel like your less of a person than them.

Mental illness and trauma are not the victims fault but people still blame them anyway...and thats what mol is doing right now.

Also those meds generally have very harsh side effects, its usually just trying to feel more normal when you take them, rather then wanting to feel special. I've had some harsh side effects on those meds, severe depression, shakes, outbursts of uncontrollable anger, severe weight loss, and etc.
Especially when it feels like they're taunting you with it. Lashing out feels like the only thing you can do, so you do it. And afterwords, you feel like shit because you proved them right, which makes you feel like even less.
I'm with you two dudes. Pretty much was I was thinking, going from personal experience and all that (locked away in a psych ward for 2 1/2 weeks for something that didn't happen, and completely ostracized by my family because of it [didn't help that my mother was the one that put me there because her boyfriend wanted me out], among other things).

But then again, she dose think video game characters are talking to her.
And that's where the kicker comes in.

Loking at it from Mol's POV, Erin breaks into Clutch's house and is running around the room, howling and waving Clutch's 360 around. When confronted, she talks to her invisible friend Agent 47 (We've seen in previous comics that she does this out loud so they probably saw that), removes her pants and criticizes Mol's choice of boyfriends in front of said boyfriend. Then we find that, despite this sort of behavior, she refuses to take her meds. At this point, even without her ****-blocking Mol's Date Night (and Erin's possible role in a previous boyfriend leaving), I feel that Mol is more than justified in not tiptoeing around the issue at this point.

Oddly, Erin's reaction (Throwing the 360) reminds me of what happened on Firefly when River slashed Jayne's chest. You can be sympathetic to River and what she's going through while still agreeing with Jayne when he said "What happens next time she goes on a stabbing spree?"

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I'd be pissed by losing my Skyrim saves too.

8bitlove2a03

Mar 25, 2010
Dear Grey and Cory: I love that you switch between gaming humour and tales of one woman's spiral into crushing depression.