Jun 20, 2011
Bara_no_Hime said:
dangoball said:
Can we be friends? :p
Sure! **friended**

There you go. ^^
Oh, wow. That was easy.
Can we have sex now? XD

Just that you live in the US and I in the middle of Europe, em 10 years younger than you and would most likely chicken out at the first sign you could be taking me seriously.
So fuck it, lets just be friends ;)

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
I'm 21 and i still don't get flirting. Usually i only know if i was doing it or was being flirted too if one of my friends tells me.

Mr. GameBrain

Aug 10, 2009
I don't usually have this problem because I am invisible.

No seriously I've been invisible for about three years now.

I've been looking for a cure and everything, and its driving me crazy.

Covering myself up in the blood of my victims usually helps me get noticed, but not in the way I really want.

Everytime I go up to a girl and try to flirt with them, they usually scream and run to the nearest cabin, which is probably a good call because I probably would have murdered them and tried to wear their skin.

You people of the internet know whats its like being formless, I can relate. :D

Seriously though, I feel like I'm invisible to women really.
Then again, I probably just don't go to the right places, those social gatherings where people might be more actively looking for people.
I guess I don't draw much attention to myself, and I bet I look creepy staring at people! XD
(I try not to, but my eyes are naturally drawn to the most attractive thing I see. Whether it be a beautiful woman or a painting of a beautiful woman! XD)

I don't really pick up any kind of cues at all from women. It would be helpful if they were a little more obvious or just honest, but then again, I know exactly where they would be coming from there, and I don't blame them at all for trying to avoid embarassment/awkwardness.

On the net, I'd probably be a little more flirtatious, (being an INFP helps there, I tend to be REALLY open and honest on the net), but I definately wouldn't be aware of it, or aware the other side would pick up on that.

Ashhearth

May 26, 2009
Well I'm pretty oblivious sooooo yeah apparently where I'm from just being nice equals flirting. Thus my now girlfriend was the one who made the first move (pretty funny story but i digress). I think it's cool that guys and gals can flirt back and forth and it really leads to nowhere. If nothing else both parties get practice and make new friends out of it.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Bara_no_Hime said:
MelasZepheos said:
I would love you for number 2 on that list. People who love the act of flirting as much as me make the best conversation partners. I once spent an entire night flirting with this one guy who was so into it he told me he even found himself considering it. (I'm biromantic, so yeah I was semi-interested, but this guy thought he was all the way straight.)
^^

Well, I'm full on bisexual, so I just flirt with everyone. And the thing is, I'm always at least semi-interested. I play-flirt with friends, but if any of those friends ever said "fuck it, let's have sex" I would be like "sure!"

Then again, I love having sex with friends - particularly friends who are already coupled, and both up for it. That way there's not even the subconscious expectation of a relationship afterwards - they're already in one, and so am I.

This, of course, goes for the full-on flirting I was talking about last post, not the accidental subconscious flirting with random men and women that happens in the line at Subway (and ends with extra black olives, or something). ... well, there was that waitress, that one time, who I kept hoping would give my spouse and I her number, but nothing ever came of it. Too bad - she was very sexy, and we'd have shown her the night of her life.
Something I'm curious about. I've seen some of your posts and I understand your position on open relationships and that you're a fan of them. What about flirting with someone who is in a relationship if you don't know their stance on open relationships?
Say you meet me (not because I'm trying to perv on you or whatever, don't worry), find out I'm in a relationship, and that's all you know. Would you still flirt in a serious "let's have sex" kind of way?

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
Something I'm curious about. I've seen some of your posts and I understand your position on open relationships and that you're a fan of them. What about flirting with someone who is in a relationship if you don't know their stance on open relationships?
Say you meet me (not because I'm trying to perv on you or whatever, don't worry), find out I'm in a relationship, and that's all you know. Would you still flirt in a serious "let's have sex" kind of way?
Sure!

Well, assuming you were attractive and I was interested. Then yeah.

The initial flirting would be for fun and to gauge interest - to see how you react. If you seem uncomfortable, then I'd likely back off some. If you seem to be flirting back, then keep on full steam.

If things go well, I would likely attempt to sneakily work in to the conversation that my spouse and I enjoy group sex with other couples. This is actually the hard part, because it is very hard to sneak that in to a conversation. Although it gets easier if someone (other than me) makes a joke about it first. If the person I'm flirting with starts joking about orgies or something like that, I usually go all in and say "yeah, we enjoy doing that now and then" and then making it clear that I'm utterly serious.

Typically this doesn't happen all in one flirting session. A proposition like this takes ground work and usually several flirtatious conversations. And even then, if no one cracks a joke or says a straight line, it can be really hard to move from flirting to acting.

But yeah, to answer your original question, I'd flirt full on until you acted uncomfortable or said "hey, that makes me uncomfortable" at which point I'd dial it back.

Edit: Oh, and if your sig-other was there too, I'd likely flirt with him/her as well, with the same conditions as above.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Bara_no_Hime said:
hazabaza1 said:
Sure!

Well, assuming you were attractive and I was interested. Then yeah.

The initial flirting would be for fun and to gauge interest - to see how you react. If you seem uncomfortable, then I'd likely back off some. If you seem to be flirting back, then keep on full steam.

If things go well, I would likely attempt to sneakily work in to the conversation that my spouse and I enjoy group sex with other couples. This is actually the hard part, because it is very hard to sneak that in to a conversation. Although it gets easier if someone (other than me) makes a joke about it first. If the person I'm flirting with starts joking about orgies or something like that, I usually go all in and say "yeah, we enjoy doing that now and then" and then making it clear that I'm utterly serious.

Typically this doesn't happen all in one flirting session. A proposition like this takes ground work and usually several flirtatious conversations. And even then, if no one cracks a joke or says a straight line, it can be really hard to move from flirting to acting.

But yeah, to answer your original question, I'd flirt full on until you acted uncomfortable or said "hey, that makes me uncomfortable" at which point I'd dial it back.

Edit: Oh, and if your sig-other was there too, I'd likely flirt with him/her as well, with the same conditions as above.
Right.
I know I started this chain of conversation but I think it'd probably be best for all involved if we just stop talking now.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
It seems everyone has a different opinion of what flirting is. I personally don't see anything as flirting unless you have the intent of making that other person want you, even if you don't intend to act on it.

Both are very fun, though. Recently, however, I don't do much in the way of flirting with any intent, simply because 90% of my friends are female, all know each other, and I know if anything happened between myself and one of them it would circulate around the group in such a way that I'd eventually come off as a bad person.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
I flirt for fun and for the hope of love.

It always works for fun, but never for love :(

I sometimes use the cheesy lines as well if it's someone I'm good friends with, because they know I'm pissing about.

SamFancyPants252

Sep 1, 2009
Your definition of flirting seems to be along the lines of "making crap jokes", which is not the case.
Flirting isn't about the conversation or what's said, it's about being suggestive. You can make the dialogue suggestive to provoke a reaction, or you can use a plethora of vocal tones, pitches and volumes along with body language, facial expression and light touching, which all makes up at least 80% of the 'flirting'. You could successfully flirt over a can of beans and get her in bed if you did it right, without making a single crappy joke or using a god awful pick up line.

And yes, I flirt for fun. All the time, to most girls, and I have a great time doing it. Not for laughs, but because it's just gratifying.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Eh, I don't know if I do or not, but I'm pretty sure I don't really care.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
Hey, uh, OP? I get the feeling you may have come to the wrong place if you're looking for people who casually flirt for fun. I don't know, I geuss my spider sense is just tingling is all.

Anyway, I can't say I have any experience with what you're talking about. Y'know, bad with women, get flustered, stick my head in a toilet, yada yada, you've heard it all all before. Linguistically I'm pretty good but conversationally I'm pretty bloody horrible.

It's okay though. I'm not sad. I have my lappy to give me company. It doesn't judge.

Giftfromme

Nov 3, 2011
DevilWithaHalo said:
You might find this interesting to your topic...

<youtube=/PTeO1Qlq9qs>
fucking hell that was some hilarious shit. well if the guys are that spineless, so be it! these chicks shall live for free lol

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
I flirt a lot for the fun of it. I don't really expect it (or often want it) to go anywhere, and I certainly don't mean anything bad by it, it's just fun.
My girlfriend used to get angry about it, actually. But I'm single again now, so...

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Not all flirting has to lead to sex. I often jokingly practice on my friends girlfriends, because we all know nothing will come of it but I can still practice technique.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
Right.
I know I started this chain of conversation but I think it'd probably be best for all involved if we just stop talking now.
Why?

Oh, and perhaps I should point out - I never flirt seriously with people I meet on the internet. Bad things have happened when I've done that in the past, and it is a mistake I do not intend to repeat.

So on the internet (like right now) - mildly flirty, but not seriously so. I also make it a point to not meet anyone IRL that I met first on the internet. Again, bad experiences.

Aug 25, 2009
SamFancyPants252 said:
Your definition of flirting seems to be along the lines of "making crap jokes", which is not the case.
Flirting isn't about the conversation or what's said, it's about being suggestive. You can make the dialogue suggestive to provoke a reaction, or you can use a plethora of vocal tones, pitches and volumes along with body language, facial expression and light touching, which all makes up at least 80% of the 'flirting'. You could successfully flirt over a can of beans and get her in bed if you did it right, without making a single crappy joke or using a god awful pick up line.

And yes, I flirt for fun. All the time, to most girls, and I have a great time doing it. Not for laughs, but because it's just gratifying.
Yeah I act that way towards my friends as well, and they do the same back, male and female. One of my (male) friends we once ended up about 5cm away from each tohers lips before finally cracking up, kind of like extreme gay chicken.

I just mentioned the corny pick up lines becaus they were mentioned in the article I was reading, and I do use them around friends sometimes. But most of the time me and my friends flirting includes touching, leaning in close, veiled innuendo and sexually suggestive language and suggestions. But most involved know it isn't serious.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I tend to be oblivious to flirting when it's with a woman that I am interested in. I can't always read the signals properly and I usually realized it too late after we get past it. I somehow always notice a woman attempting to flirt with me when it is someone that I am not interested in. I would be completely turned off and sometimes there will be no way out, so I just power through to another conversation.