food you don't like, butothers do.

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
it's a hate thread, so sue me. but I'm not in the best of moods right now.
the reason? fishcakes. more specifically, how nauseatingly inedible these bloody things are, do you [/i]seriously enjoy a salty, fishy paste who's smell makes me want to retch.

i was promised these ones would be solid:

DOES THIS LOOK SOLID TO YOU?
i am THIS close to shoving my sisters face into a plate of them and saying "see this ***!? CUT IT THE **** OUT!"

anyway, post food you hate here and why. whilst i dine on rice and corn

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Mushrooms, just eurgh! Not only is it made from the same stuff that grows between peoples toes, it looks fucking awful, has the texture of snot and is just rubbery.

Disgusting little things!

*cringe*

Captcha: "danish robot dancers", quite the imagination this captcha has!

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise. Any of that garbage on my sandwich is one more sandwich straight to the trash. Especially that bright yellow cheap mustard which I can't stand to even have near me.

saints1544

Nov 23, 2009
Gizzards = grossness.

Politely disagree with the Mushrooms. Morel is the best damn tasting thing in the world.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Brussels sprouts, Celery, and Asparagus are equal parts vile, nasty, disgusting, and evil. Those are the three top most hated foods by me. Most of the people I know don't understand why I don't like them but they all taste horrid to me. Celery is particularly bad as it doesn't matter how small of an amount is in something, I can taste it unless it's in a soup that's been cooked for ages. Even then I can still taste it but it's overpowered by the other ingredients.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
Egg yolk.
If it's boiled and the yolk is by it's own, whole, I can't stand the thing. The texture and taste makes me want to gag, the only way I can eat eggs are scrambled or baked into a cake or something.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Fish. I can't eat fish at all.

Cooked vegetables. I love them raw, but cooked veggies make me ill.

Eggs. I like a smidge of egg in fried rice (also the only way cooked veggies are tolerable), but egg by itself is overpowering and unappealing.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Tuna...Just Fuck Tuna. Everyone seems to absolutely love it, but I think it's just gross.

So with that said, pretty much nearly all seafood, except for Cod, Scampi, Haddock, Prawns, and maybe Muscles.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I don't much like steak. About the only way I'll eat beef in general is in meatballs, meat sauce, meatloaf, hot dogs, or Italian-style beef. But I don't like steak and I don't like hamburgers. I much prefer pork and chicken.

Also, inspired by a few posts here: salad, tuna, watermelon, tacos/burritos, mushrooms, mayo, cold veggies, ranch dip, cheese dip, and the only way I'll eat eggs is just a little bit in fried rice or egg drop soup (apart from baked goods, of course). And I only just recently started liking bananas, but I can't eat them on their own. I have to have something right afterward to get that texture and aftertaste out of my mouth. Oh, and i don't like chocolate and mint mixed together, or chocolate and peanut butter (except somehow I do like Snickers).

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Bacon. Yeah, sue me.

Just plain ol' greasy meat if you ask me.

Apples is where it's at.

johnnyLupine

Nov 19, 2008
I hate Marmite, I touched the stuff once years ago and have never dared try it again. The rest of my immediate family loves the stuff.

I think perhaps this advert is appropreate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm1qP_y9V9k

by the way, if anyone can tell me how to embed a video I would be very grateful.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Mayonnaise.

I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't like it. It boggles my mind when people get it as a substitute for butter.

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
There's not enough space in this thread for popular foods I hate. I'm like the world's pickiest eater. My diet mainly consists of fruit/vegetable juices, grains, cheeses, and meat. I don't eat any fruits or vegetables (aside from juiced), nuts, or fish. I hate most sauces and condiments, including, but not limited to, salad dressing, mayonnaise, mustard, and salsa.

Extrapolating from there, I think it quickly becomes obvious how little popular foods agree with me (unless I strip them down to their bare parts).

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
To me, sushi has absolutely no redeeming qualities. Gross stuff wrapped in gross stuff with more gross stuff on the side.

anthony87 said:
Mayonnaise.

I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't like it. It boggles my mind when people get it as a substitute for butter.
I accidentally spread a good amount of mayonnaise onto a slice of bread at a party once, thinking it was butter (being next to the bread basket and all). It took every ounce of discipline as a grown adult to not spit it everywhere when I realized my mistake.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Fish. I hate fish and can't stand the stuff. I used to love it when I was younger, loved having fish and chips once a week! Then I started to get sick with it, no explanation, just started throwing up each and every time. Now I can't even walk past the damn stuff in sainsburys -.- the smell makes me throw up (I learned that the hard way) now I just won't touch it and refuse to try it again. Everyone I know loves it though, and keeps telling me to try it again.

I also hate steak. I just find it too chewy for my tastes. I also don't like salads, burritos, marmite, mustard and cooked mushrooms (prefer them raw and wahsed)

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Necromancer Jim said:
Bacon. Yeah, sue me.

Just plain ol' greasy meat if you ask me.

Apples is where it's at.
What would you do if I told you...

Applewood Bacon?

rayman56

Mar 14, 2012
I hate fish and soda. Fish taste like someone solidified water and then mixed it with crap, and soda is so unbelievably nasty to the point where drinking it literally causes my eyes to water and for me to gag.