Food you refuse to eat

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Res Plus said:
wintercoat said:
Varrdy said:
I stopped using margarine after it was revealed that it's almost identical to plastic on a molecular level - mmm, tasty!
Anyone who says things like this should be forced to eat an entire tub of margarine.

OT: Olives. Never liked the flavor. And I'm not a big onion fan, either, but unlike olives, they do taste good with some things, usually meat.

Beans have a weird texture to them that I find unappetizing, but I'd eat them if I had to.

I used to hate sausages, but I grew to like them. Same with most nuts.

When I was younger, I didn't like oranges, then when I was a teenager, I liked them. Back to hating them again, but unlike before, where I could tolerate the juice, now it just tastes like vomit to me.
Wasn't that margarine is plastic statement generated by a butter company for an advert? I seem to remember it was.
90% of anything bad you hear about margarine was made up by Big Dairy, who didn't like the new kid on the block coming in and "stealing" customers. The other ten percent are actual studies linking hydrogenated vegetable oils with various health risks. So, y'know, the same as pretty much any food product.

Grimbold

Nov 19, 2009
Salami, smoked things and everything touched by it or stored in its approximate vicinity.

JBGigas

Dec 19, 2009
Nothing, at least nothing comes in my mind right now. I'm open for all and every kind of food on this planet.

What I cannot understand is when people have preconception against foods they have not even tried, and therefore will not try it. That's stupid! How can they know it's bad if they have not even tasted it?!

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
I absolutely refuse to eat radishes, but I have a very good reason. My family decided to grow a small vegetable garden one year & we planted some radishes among other very tasty veggies. The only problem with this is no one told us that one single radish plant would give us a BILLION FUCKING RADISHES... so naturally we planted about 2 dozen radish plants. I ate radishes with damn near every meal for so long that I'll never touch other radish for the rest of my life.

Oh & I've never had any desire to eat crab, lobster or shrimp. Freaking giant bug looking scavengers, nope won't even try that stuff. Everyone tells me it's great, but I just can't bring myself to try it.

I love potatoes & onions, but if the two are ever cooked together I can't stand the taste.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Lets see I am quite picky so il list some off

1.I dont like any kind of rice unless its white and comes from a rice cooker
2. All seafood is a no go
3. Meatloaf is just blah
4. I hate Reeses and cant stand to have peanut butter unless with jelly and it has to be grape jelly or fuck that I dont like it at all.
5.I only like to eat peperoni on pizza and I dont like any pizza but pepperoni and it needs to be very saucy and I dont mean the greasy shit.
6. I hate super greeasy foods
7. Almost all veggies
8. I hate Grape flavered anything but jelly and grapes but they must be green or no go.
9. Diet Soda can fuck off
10. Meaty sauce or sauce with things in it bothers me.
11. Yea we will be here all day so lets just say I am the most picky eater XD

Side note: My friends have made it a game to guess what I do like and what I dont like because there is so little I do like to eat lol

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
immortalfrieza said:
I'd say that there isn't much that I've had so far that I can't at least tolerate. However, with the exception of foods that are supposed to be (pizza, mac and cheese, mixed vegetables, etc.)I absolutely DESPISE having my food mixed together, I don't even like having sauce on spaghetti.

Also, it might be unusual, but I also like most any meat I eat to be bone dry, it's practically tasteless and it feels like I'm chewing on rubber when I eat meat that isn't dry. If it isn't after cooking I get a couple paper towels and squeeze all the juices out.

Capthca: Fava beans

I don't even know what those are Capthca.
They go nice with some chianti! I'm reliably informed ;)

Jun 6, 2012
schrodinger said:
I'm not that picky when it comes to food, unless it's bugs or Dates(fruit), but there's one particular item of food that I refuse to go near:

[HEADING=1]THIS UNHOLY ABOMINATION OF EVIL[/HEADING]

(cut out the image to save room - see it at the top)

American "Cheese"

I rarely liked it when I was a kid, and pretty much despise it as an adult. There's just something to the taste of it that compares to some plastic-y byproduct. It's even worse when you heat it up, blah.

What kind of food/s you do not dare go near?
You should try real American cheese, it's a mix of Colby and Chedder, and it's amazing! It's nothing like that fake processed stuff. It kind of sucks that almost everyone believes that "American Cheese" is just highly processed slices. Companies make highly processed slices of swiss and other cheeses, American is just a - we'll say Flavor (for lack of a better term) of these slices.

As for food I will never eat - sauerkraut. My mom made me eat it once a year on January 1st with porkchops as a "good luck tradition" and it always made me sick -.-

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Corven said:
Fresh onion is the bane of my existence, I can handle cooked onion to some degree but I can't eat anything that fresh onion taste has infected. I've went without dinner a few times when the food I specifically ordered with no onions had them included, I just can't handle the taste.
I have a similar thing with fresh tomatoes. Just dislike the taste. It's like coffee too, if the taste is there even a bit I can taste it and the dish is ruined for me.

Yet unlike you I adore fresh onions. And garlic. I could never be a vampire because it means I could never have garlic again, and that's just a deal breaker. Garlic, onions, salt, pepper, celery: you can now prepare and season approximately ALL THE DISHES to an acceptable degree.

Edit: I forgot about beans. As said above, the texture just kills it for me. Most dishes aren't even bad, I'm not repulsed by them, just the texture makes it increasingly difficult to take another bite to the point where I stop being hungry until something more appetizing comes along.

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
Rocky Mountain oysters

For those not familiar with this popular southern dish, these "oysters" are actually the testicles of young bulls, usually pounded flat, battered, fried, and served up as an appetizer.

Most dishes I'll try at least once, but nope, not touching these things

Whispering Cynic

Nov 11, 2009
Let's see, food I'll outright refuse to eat:

- any fungi
- raw: carrots, celery, asparagus (I also tried asparagus soup once - I hallucinated for about five hours, then puked my guts out; what an experience)
- animal livers, kidneys (normally I love meat, but I find taste and texture of these absolutely disgusting)
- olives
- clams, snails

I make a point of trying everything at least once, since it's impossible to criticise something you haven't tried. There are many other foods I dislike but I'll eat those (albeit grudgingly). Only the worst offenders make it to the list above.

jthm

Jun 28, 2008
Bananas. Can't stand the texture, the taste or the smell. I've tried to eat them, but the smell makes me gag. Even as a baby, I wouldn't eat bananas or accept banana flavored meds.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Mushrooms, they are an abomination! I've never liked them and now actively avoid anything with them in, even if everything else sounds good. And to a lesser degree onions. I really hate the texture but for some reason I don't mind cheese and onion crisps.

ViridianV6

Sep 15, 2013
Offal is the bane of meat. I don't care if the best chefs from the world flew in, the moment they tell me they've crumbed brains/liver/kidneys I walk away from the table.

Also, most things with vinegar in them, i.e. salad dressings, mayonnaise, sushi as well as most condiments, though smokey barbecue sauce is excellent.

Also also, cold meats and cheeses unless they have been cooked into something.

Good luck catering for me..

akai

Aug 23, 2013
I'm pretty health-conscious, so I refuse to eat all kinds of fast food, even homemade food if it's too greasy, meat, and recently I've been avoiding dairy and eggs as well, since I'm transitioning to veganism.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Baloney or other "lunch meats". (hot dogs are fine though...mostly)
Those were the bane of my existence for the first half of my life. I will literally vomit if I taste baloney, especially with processed cheese. It smells awful, it tastes awful, and it makes me feel sick.

Oh, and Morels. I love regular edible mushrooms, especially sauteed in butter but morels are fucking nasty and smell atrocious.