For those buying PS4, what will you spend your extra 100 bucks on?

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
We all know the price points of the two consoles. The PS4 is a whopping 100 bucks less then the Xbone. If you had budgeted yourself upwards of 500-560 ( a console and a game) for this gaming generation at the launch, what do you plan to do with that extra hundred by not getting the Xbox One?

At this point, I think I might get myself a second game. Maybe a decent head set if they are available at launch, and might still have a bit of cash left over for a few months of PS+.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
This is actually a good mental exercise. I would normally pretend and say stuff like "I'm gonna save that $100!" but that's simply not true. I'll probably buy two games and a year of PS+.

I will have to prepare for the eventual 7th generation apocalypse though, because when the prices on PS3 and 360 games start dropping...mine. All mine. MWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ninmecu

May 31, 2011
Well, this month I'm buying an Sumo Sultan for my fat ass to lounge in luxury with my girlfriend. She's getting an Omni, then we're saving up for a 3ds XL +Mario Kart 7 for myself. Then we'll start saving for the Ps4, knowing it's only 399 tells me I'll need 450.87 cents, so once I have my 3ds(and Pokemon X and Y or Pokemon Hers and Pokemon His respectively) I'll probably see what the launch line up looks like around september(yes I know X and Y are in October) and see how much of our possible "savings" money can go towards it and when I'll be able to acquire one. There's no rush since Kingdom Hearts 1.5 isn't being released for Ps4 as well as 3. Which imo kinda sucks. I'd've liked to play FFX HD(And burned X-2 if it was on a separate disk) as well as KH 1.5HD(Which being a Kingdom Hearts fan for...well, a long fucking time) would've been awesome, but alas. Poverty beckons(With careful budgeting even 1100 bucks a month for life expenses can go a long way.)

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Ah, I get it now. Why they are called the PS4 and the Xbox One. That roughtly the number of games you can buy at launch by paying the same amount!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Yes I know it's actually closer to just 3 games for the PS4, but the joke works better for this generation.

ImSkeletor

Feb 6, 2010
kiri2tsubasa said:
Probably 2 years of PS+, then accrue the savings within a few months.
Man I got PS+ a week ago and I have already saved about 100 bucks in free games.

ElTigreSantiago

Apr 23, 2009
I'm not sure why everyone is so upset about it being $500. Frankly, I expected all the next-gen consoles to be far more expensive than last generation. The real problem is the death of used games. $500 is a one-time price, not to much to ask considering you'll have it for many years. But for someone like me, the death of used games is going to cost a hell of a lot more than $100 extra dollars. I've been with Microsoft and the Xbox from the start, but this may be the first generation I go Sony.

But my advice to everyone is to wait a little while after the consoles have been released to decide. Sony probably has some BS up their sleeves, and third parties are likely to kill used games themselves. I will have to wait and see before I commit to either console.

Boggelz

Aug 28, 2011
Kingdom hearts 3! That is the game that got my pants moist the most at the show. Infamous second son looks cool too but the main character kinda looks like a tool. Though I thought cole in infamous 2 was going to be like that and he turned out fine. But ps+ also since it looks like that will be needed for online play, though it seems like a much better deal than anything microsoft is giving so I will happily throw my money at sony if they keep this consumer-friendly routine going.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Well, uhh...

I know my PS+ account will carry over from PS3, so I'm safe there...

I'll probably spend it on another controller and I'll whoop out another $10 to pay for InFamous: Second Son. Unless Octodad: Dadliest Catch is out. That game has the highest priority on my PS4 Buyer's List.

Seriously, how can you NOT love this?

The premise is so absurd. And combined with the physics for Octodad himself, I can only see hilarity ensue.

Epicspoon

May 25, 2010
Well for me I'm probably going to get both eventually but I'm not even going to consider the Xbone until there is both an enormous price drop and multiple exclusive games I want for it. I used to use my PS3 solely for exclusive stuff but now it's just going to depend on how things turn out. I think I'm gonna stick with single player for a while. As for the extra $100 that's going towards my purchase of Smash Bros 4 on both Wii U and 3DS.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
A blowjob.
What?

Ok ok, I'll probably shop around if I'm honest. Steam will have some pretty good sales, and I'm sure the PS4 will have plenty of interesting games to get. Not sure I wanna get PS+ though. I'm not big into multiplayer anymore. So unless my only gamer friend (who is sadly pretty poor) gets the PS4 and PS+ I'll most likely skip PS+ until he gets it.

Personally I'm looking forward to Knack. It seems like the kind of game I can really get engrossed in.

Bomberman4000

Jun 23, 2010
Assuming I actually buy the PS4 with my own money (my birthday is less than a month after Christmas so I may be able to swing one for free) I would put that extra $100 towards something practical. Money's a bit tight right now and I have monthly bills around $950. (being an adult fucking sucks)

But if I'm being impulsive I'd probably get a second game, or another controller, but probably towards a Wii U. I can't not have Smash Bros.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I'm going to pay 5 kids $20 a piece to hold a humorously written sign urging people to not buy an XBone and have them stand in front of the five retail stores here in town that you can buy game consoles from (A Wal-Mart, a Best Buy, two GameStops, and a place called Vintage Stock which is basically a GameStop that also sells comics, TCG cards, DVD's, etc...pretty much a full-fledged nerd store, really a great place. :p).

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
I'll get a second controller, than I might dump the rest into picking up a few quirky Indy games off PSN. Just as a way to help encourage SONY to keep being developer friendly like that.

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
Second controller is a necessity. After that, it all depends on the games released at that point and if PS+ will actually give me anything I want at the time.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Since the PS4 will be backwards compatible with PS3 titles, there's a couple of exclusives that I would like to have a try at. Just need a minimum of 5 games before I can justify buying it.