For those buying PS4, what will you spend your extra 100 bucks on?

Jinxzy

Jul 2, 2008
RJ 17 said:
I'm going to pay 5 kids $20 a piece to hold a humorously written sign urging people to not buy an XBone and have them stand in front of the five retail stores here in town that you can buy game consoles from (A Wal-Mart, a Best Buy, two GameStops, and a place called Vintage Stock which is basically a GameStop that also sells comics, TCG cards, DVD's, etc...pretty much a full-fledged nerd store, really a great place. :p).
I'll chip my $100 in so we can have a total of 10 kids, but we have to make sure that they look sad and the signs are written in crayons. It would be adorably sad and funny at the same time.

Sapirot

Jun 29, 2011
I'll wait until KH3 comes out, then buy a used PS4 and some exclusives. I have waited 8 long years for this and it is finally happening.

JetFury

May 31, 2013
I won't. Waiting a couple years will save me money on the console and launch games will likely be under 30 dollars on amazon. Of course it's never safe buying games when you have plus. So I'll have to be careful not to be ripped off in that regard. Backlogs will be nonexistent for me next gen

NoeL

May 14, 2011
The games.

PS4 games cost $120 [https://ebgames.com.au/ps4-161489-Killzone-Shadow-Fall-Placeholder-Price-PlayStation-4]!

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Moar games for my PS4, obviously. Probably pick up another launch title and hopefully some launch indies (if it launches with any). I mean, what the hell else would I spend it on? XD

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
If I even get one, the PS+. It'll probably be more expensive for me in the long run than the PS3 with paid online.

NoeL said:
The games.

PS4 games cost $120 [https://ebgames.com.au/ps4-161489-Killzone-Shadow-Fall-Placeholder-Price-PlayStation-4]!
That's pretty much what PS3 games are now. EDIT: Oh wait shit, apparently they're generally $100. Maybe only some are more. Well, good thing they support used games.

NoeL

May 14, 2011
MeChaNiZ3D said:
If I even get one, the PS+. It'll probably be more expensive for me in the long run than the PS3 with paid online.

NoeL said:
The games.

That's pretty much what PS3 games are now.
I see... I'm glad I don't own a PS3 then!

And you wonder why they're having such a problem with used games. I wonder if they could double their sales by dropping the price to 80 bucks... probably not.

The_Great_Galendo

Sep 14, 2012
If I were to buy one at launch, I'd put the extra hundred bucks towards games, probably. Because who buys a console for just 1-2 games?

Then again, my strategy is usually to wait a year or more, until it's much clearer in my mind which one I want and which games it'll have that are worth it. Plus, around that time there's usually a price drop, which is usually good for another 50-100 bucks. The launch titles aren't usually as good as the games that come out later in a system's life anyway, once the developers finally figure out how to make the best use of the console's features.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
I feel like, even though I'm spending $100 less with the PS4, I'm somehow getting less, too. So I'll buy the biggest hammer I can find and hit myself in the crotch with it every so often. Then I'll spend the remainder of the $100 difference on a crappy camera and a bunch of blank tapes pre-addressed to the NSA. This should properly replicate the XB1 ownership experience for roughly the same amount of money.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
NoeL said:
The games.

Do you see the giant fucking letters where it says "Placeholder Price"? That means that it's subject to change!
Shock horror!

Anyway I doubt I'll be getting one on release, so I'll save a bit more cash from getting it later on more likely.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
I'm gonna blow it all on hats.

Seriously, it's just another $100 towards a Vita, Persona 4 Golden...aaaaaaand whatever else I will think of when the time arrives.

Dominic Crossman

Apr 15, 2013
MeChaNiZ3D said:

NoeL said:
The games.

That's pretty much what PS3 games are now. EDIT: Oh wait shit, apparently they're generally $100. Maybe only some are more. Well, good thing they support used games.
Thought they were more like 60 $

NoeL

May 14, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
NoeL said:
The games.

Do you see the giant fucking letters where it says "Placeholder Price"? That means that it's subject to change!
Shock horror!

Anyway I doubt I'll be getting one on release, so I'll save a bit more cash from getting it later on more likely.
Of course I saw that - I'm not an idiot. But what makes you think the price is subject to change for the better, especially considering, as MeChaNiZ3D said, that PS3 games are currently selling at the same price? I mean, you must obviously think it WILL change for the better considering your contention, but why do you think that?

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
An Ouya?

Despite being fairly critical of the Ouya, the temptation is there just so I have an excuse to stick yet another console in the cabinet - then brag about two consoles for the price of one, of course. ;-)