Force A Teen Girl To Swordfight, Go To Jail

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
emeraldrafael said:
I blame the weather. All that cold and (EDIT: for some reason I thoughtt hat said michigan, so i apologize seattleans, you guys get rain) rain makes people go crazy. Just ask Sarah Palin. XD
It's weird. Seattle is a little crazy being a massive urban area, but all of the surrounding suburbs (Bellevue, Redmond [of Microsoft fame] Bothell, etc.) are pretty fucking awesome. Drive any direction away from Seattle for 30-45 minutes, and suddenly you are in hick-ville. Puyallup is on that boarder of insanity.

OT: I heard briefly about this on a clip from Fox. I thought it was just a LARPer having fun and getting people in a rage (Namely Fox trying to spin it into another atrocity). Turns out it was a little more sinister than I realized.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
If this had been a fair fight that both agreed to, I can see this being an awesome form of parenting.

"I want to go to the party!"
"Well you can't!"
"Then I challenge you to a duel!"

Seriously, that would be cool! Duelling your parents to earn the right to do things you want to do but they don't approve of. The days of "well I'm bigger than you, so I win" would be over.

As it stands though, this is both weird and horrible. Hopefully this causes a moral backlash against renaissance fairs though.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
With ridiculous cases like these popping up day after day I am slowly but surely appreciating my parents and other people in my direct environment more and more.

I mentioned this in a similar thread, but these kind of things have stopped surprising me, as a new, more twisted form of this domestic violence occurs every damn week! Its like they are TRYING to be the most F'd people humanity has to offer.

I Have No Idea

Aug 5, 2011
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Sorry, but this stuff gets to me. And your comment was still unnecessary.
Yeah, I understand. It was just the first thing that popped into my head, and I should've thought before I typed.

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
That guy looks like my English teacher...
And he's to blame. He's fucking nuts. You know who I blame insane people killing other people on? The insane. It's not their fault their insane, but it is their fault they killed people. Put em in a cell or a padded room. I don't care either way, as long as they are removed from society and cease to do grievous amounts of damage from any one person.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
I Have No Idea said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Sorry, but this stuff gets to me. And your comment was still unnecessary.
Yeah, I understand. It was just the first thing that popped into my head, and I should've thought before I typed.
No problem. I really let people have it in the thread about the girl who was murdered. What you did is trivial in comparison.

Skratt

Dec 20, 2008
As rediculous as I find the SCA, this guy was his own special breed of crazy completely independant of all else. Hope the girl makes it out without being too broken jaded and otherwise emotionally empty.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
This is probably one of the most bizarre articles I've read in a while. Dragged out of a party to get beaten with a tree branch which is supposed to be a sword, then made to watch a televised sermon in her underwear. But then I see that it's in the Pacific Northwest and it all kind of falls into place. Whenever something really nutso happens, it's usually in that area.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
What I want to know is why wasn't she allowed to go to this mysterious party.

Although that was still an inappropriate punishment.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
You know im wondering...is that really the father? Where did that picture come from...surely the police did not walk into his house, took a picture from the family bedroom and gave it to the journalists to publish o_O

I mean....wtf where do these pictures come from?

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
I'm not sure what it is about him, but something about this guy reminds me of the raiders from Fallout....

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I laughed until I read the whole thing. I mean, what in the fuck? What an absolute psycho