Forgotten Heroes (Who Kicked Ass)

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Forgotten Heroes (Who Kicked Ass)

Think you've seen every superhero movie? MovieBob begs to differ.

Read Full Article

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
I have to see that Japanese Spiderman. That sounds like the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
When I read the name sidekick, I thought you meant that God awful Chuck Norris movie. The only one on that list I think I've seen is Meteor Man, average film but it had James Earl Jones in it, and JEJ is always awesome.

SamElliot'sMustache

Oct 5, 2009
I have very fond memories of Blankman. It's one of the few superhero spoofs that seemed to be affectionate towards the genre, rather than the usual mean-spirited bile that is normally tossed at it. That, and it was from back when the Wayans Brothers made good comedies.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Other than Mister Freedom, I have seen every one of these. I feel dirty for some reason.

ccesarano

Oct 3, 2007
I'm a bit disappointed you didn't list The Specials [http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/The_Specials/60003307?strackid=386329ed5339f4ae_0_srl&strkid=280432823_0_0&trkid=438381], but at the same time I can see why. The film takes time to actually become funny, and considering you're pointing out really good flicks or really, REALLY outrageous ones, it doesn't quite belong.

Still, it was my first introduction to James Gunn and Thomas Haden Church. Unfortunately I haven't enjoyed any film either has done since (I know everyone loves Sideways, but I was just so bored by it. Then again, maybe that's because 1) I'm not big on alcohol and 2) maybe I was too young at the time?).

Still, I find it fitting that a movie about the seventh or eighth greatest super hero team be forgotten, even in a list of outcasts. :p

Nazrel said:
What?! No Mystery Men?
I hope that's sarcasm.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Japanese spider man?! Heh, suppose they will try anything, god knows Tokyo has enough tall buildinds.

A fair surprise there, alot of which never heard of lol

vivadelkitty

Dec 21, 2008
I saw a very good 'superhero' movie recently. I can't remember the full title of it, think it was just called 'Special'. Very bittersweet movie about a man who is under the impression he has superpowers.

vivadelkitty

Dec 21, 2008
Zombie Nixon said:
No love for Big Man Japan? That movie kicks ass.
Saw that movie, and loved it as well. I think it's a fairly decent representation of how people would actually view superheroes.

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
I haven't seen any one of those movies, guess you gave me some thing to do over the week end.

Feb 13, 2008
Nazrel said:
What?! No Mystery Men?
We've got a blind date with destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

One of my favourite all time films.

You didn't mention wonders like Kekko-Kamen though. And, thinking about it...I'm really not surprised.

Uh,... how to decribe it... It's a female superheroine that wears a bikers helmet...and that's all...

And, oh grief, how did I not remember this...

R.I.P. Robert Culp.