Former Postal Worker Stole 2200 GameFly Games

Padfoot13

Aug 14, 2008
Virgil said:
I wonder if there will be any fallout on GameStop (either the company or just that branch) for this. Pawn shops are liable for accepting stolen property, and anyone else that is buying 'pre-owned' goods likely falls under the same rules.

Selling back that many games should have raised a flag with somebody over there.
thats a good point, alot of gamestops will accept games no matter what, even if its 30 of the same game all still in its original wrapping. But did he even sell them to gamestop? he could have gone to a non-gaming specific pawn shop, or hell, sold them online.

Izerous

Dec 15, 2008
He probably got greedy in the end but started with only a couple here and there. If he only kept to yoinking one or two here and there no one would have noticed, but you take 90 in a day...

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
Virgil said:
I wonder if there will be any fallout on GameStop (either the company or just that branch) for this. Pawn shops are liable for accepting stolen property, and anyone else that is buying 'pre-owned' goods likely falls under the same rules.

Selling back that many games should have raised a flag with somebody over there.
People are worthlezz when it comez to detecting stuff like thiz. You would think that zuzpicion would be raized when I walk into Tzarbucks naked but people are too abzorbed with their own livez to zay "Hold on a minute....".

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Virgil said:

well if he was smart he would have sold the same game to different stores, however i don't think GameFly sends you case, they send you the game in a mailer, like Netflix does and i don't think GameStop accepts caseless games.

i'm guessing he sold it to pawnshops and ebay or friends

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Poopie McGhee said:
That's way too lenient... I say "Off with his head"... Or at least his hands...

Only thing I'm hoping is the people who got ripped off are at least getting compensated by Gamefly.

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
ZeroMachine said:
Hm... I feel that "PWNED!" is an appropriate reaction here.

That be a lotta games. Does that make him a pirate? I say that makes him a pirate. Did he have an eye patch?
No, although he did have a parrot.

So, what? 50% Pirate, 50% Pet shop owner?

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
sneak_copter said:
ZeroMachine said:
Hm... I feel that "PWNED!" is an appropriate reaction here.

That be a lotta games. Does that make him a pirate? I say that makes him a pirate. Did he have an eye patch?
No, although he did have a parrot.

So, what? 50% Pirate, 50% Pet shop owner?
100% Awesome.

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
cleverlymadeup said:
Virgil said:

well if he was smart he would have sold the same game to different stores, however i don't think GameFly sends you case, they send you the game in a mailer, like Netflix does and i don't think GameStop accepts caseless games.

i'm guessing he sold it to pawnshops and ebay or friends
Doesn't say that he sold or received any cash for them, he could just have been stealing them to have them. Perhaps he was trying to run GameFly out of business or screw over the gamers in the area. Maybe he's a gigantic Halo fan, and was tired of being pwned, so he was stealing all the games so they couldn't play. :)

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
Wow, becoming a post office worker just looked a little better. Not grabbing 2200 games mind you, just once every two months or something. I would never have to pay to play ever again!.

LazerFX

Driver
Sep 10, 2008
And to think, here in the UK we're complaining because the lazy oddities at the postal service aren't working - they think they need more money or something, or to walk slower... whatever.

At least they're not stealing everything that goes through their hands!

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
People are so dumb, why not just steal a couple a month, instead of a bunch. He probably wouldn't have been caught

ironlordthemad

Sep 25, 2009
do you reckon he played any of them?
or was it all about the money?
if he did he would get a brilliant gamerscore...

for all of the evil of this man, its still impressive he managed to steal 12 games a day

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
Isn't tampering with people's mail a felony? If so 12-18 months for 2200 counts of that, on top of all the reckless driving charges they can pin on him for running seems...light.