Former Teacher Acquitted of Videogame Massacre Threat

matrix guardian

Feb 6, 2010
Crimsane said:
The sad part is, that's really going to follow him around wherever he goes. Guilty or innocent doesn't matter, once you've been charged with something you're tainted forever in the eyes of employers and the general public. Shit, a bogus simple assault charge from when I was sixteen that's been expunged from my record has still managed to haunt me for my entire life. Best of luck to him.
Yeah, that's the part that is the most depressing. Innocent or not, you're still screwed over by it. It's like with sex offence accusations and such. Simply being accused is enough to ruin your life, even if proven innocent. Crying wolf can do as much damage as an actual wolf. It's like the witch hunts. Doesn't matter if it's true or not, if you got accused of being a witch, you were fuckin burnt toast. Throw her in the lake and hold her down, if she drowns to death then she wasn't a witch.

GodKlown

Dec 16, 2009
So... what teacher anywhere in America can afford the ammo, not to mention the firearm, to kill 500 people? Did they think he was going to set off a bomb, or run around and stab 500 people? Over someone taking his markers?!
Thank you, rats. So glad they tell kids to rat out any "suspicious" comments to the authorities instead of using common sense in a situation like that. And where was the principal in this whole debacle? How did the school not consider this an internal "problem" before calling the fuzz? "Zero tolerance" makes sense to a point, and you can't always predict how serious a threat is, but they always seem to over-react instead of the school possibly taking the heat of not doing anything in case shit happens. I wouldn't be surprised if this teacher got tazered when the cops showed up.

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
ciortas1 said:
It is time...

And I just said that America has surprised me with the FBI stupidity.
You, sir, are full of win.

OT: Seriously? I've made worse allegations of violence, murder and torture pertaining to a video game in school out-loud to my compatriots before and I wasn't even so much as given a slap on the wrist. This is just another reason that our country is spiraling down the crapper...

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
flaming_squirrel said:
Americans, paranoid?! Never!

Sometimes the British justice system doesnt seem quite so bad.
It is only paranoia if they aren't out to get you. I KNOW they are all out to get me... No sudden movements.

Well the schools are now living in a state of constant fear so I can only 1/2 blame them. As Our schools seem the be the new parents and will be sued if the little angels are not treatd like royalty they are very cautious to avoid the wrath of moron parents.

The school/cops could have at least you know asked the kids if they knew what he was talking about before they said terrorist and walked away. Thus they are half guilty and the investigator and the school official who should have handled this will serve half of the sentence the teacher would have served.

The teacher will be slapped called an idiot and warned about morons who are parents/people.

the judge has spoken.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
Poor guy, his career is really going to be in shit after that. No one cares if your found completely innocent, if theirs two candidates going for the same job you take the one without the criminal record 'for the kids' even if it's for talking about a videogame.

Poor poor guy, the school should hire him back if they had any decency.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
That's really damn stupid. People don't just *snap*, there'll be signs of stress and other indicators. A teacher of all people wouldn't be dumb enough to self-incriminate themselves in front of a whole class. People need to relax.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
The madness of the world. If he was British he'd be made Prime Minister.

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
I feel sorry for the teacher.
People are apparently getting even more paranoid in the US than in Mexico, and that is an interesting fact...

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
And thus the criminal justice system once again proves itself to be a fucking joke in a new and interesting way.

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
Dear Kentucky,

On behalf of all of Florida, I would like to thank you for being such fuck-ups. You see, we occasionally fuck up, and every now and then we need another state to remind us, as bad as we are, we're not the worst.

Sincerly, Thedayrecker

P.S. I'm sure South Carolina's letter is in the mail

Joe Matsuda

Aug 24, 2009
Fuck the what???

jeez...the U S of A needs to calm the heck down

all this paranoia is gonna turn us into a full blown police state if shit like this keeps happening

Kelthurin

Jun 18, 2009
I want to know what videogame they were talking about. Did it say? Did I miss it?
Oh and the reason I'm not expressing complete disgust over this clear and appauling case of judicial murder, is because the rest of you already said it all.

Breaker deGodot

Apr 14, 2009
Queen Michael said:
Sigh... This makes me glad I'm not a US citizen. Though I guess it's unfair of me to let one case shape my perception of how an entire country works. Still, that particular case is, in the vernacular of today's youth, messed up.
It is unfair, but this is still ridiculous.

Drexlor

Feb 23, 2010
The U.S. is getting way too paranoid. Unfortunately I live here. How long would it have taken to figure out that he was talking about a game?

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
Crimsane said:
The sad part is, that's really going to follow him around wherever he goes. Guilty or innocent doesn't matter, once you've been charged with something you're tainted forever in the eyes of employers and the general public. Shit, a bogus simple assault charge from when I was sixteen that's been expunged from my record has still managed to haunt me for my entire life. Best of luck to him.
Yeah, one of my dad's friends was fucking charged with child abuse, when his girlfriend's son got into a fight with some kid, who picked on him at school, and he didn't stop it.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
America... Fuck you?

That's such a ridiculous figure that you think the witness would wonder about it. If he said "I'm gonna kill that fucking kid with a knife tonight" I can see you wondering, but 500 people? Fuck.

Drexlor

Feb 23, 2010
The U.S. is getting way too paranoid. Unfortunately I live here. How long would it have taken to figure out that he was talking about a game?