Former Teacher Acquitted of Videogame Massacre Threat

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
The Prison States of America really piss me off sometimes. Damn there are too many paranoid fucks here.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
S00 people?

Really? How the hell is he gong to kill 500 people with what? A coffre cup and a lecture on the power of friendship?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
If I heard anyone threaten to murder 500 people, I'd LISTEN SOME MORE and figure out that he's talking about a game.

Good Lord, people! Smarten up!

Zepren

The Funnyman
Sep 2, 2009
That's bullshit! He should be given his job back and have his record cleaned. That's fucked up.

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
Faith in humanity has reduced. Also I really hate the legal system. They take way too long to process cases.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
So he was innocent of everything and he lost his job?

Yeah, if I'd been at that school he'd of been re-hired no issue; this is pathetic.

Xero Scythe

Aug 7, 2009
Mr Smith said:
Sodding paranoia...
At the moment, I think we have the right to be paranoid. Do I think this case was still wrong? Yes. However, we've had nothing but school shootings and car bombings for the past few years. I'm glad the police reacted this quickly to such a possible threat. And I'm glad that the jury was so quick in acquiting him. Shows that something in this country still works.

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
Guest_Star said:
A month? A fucking month in jail before the hearing?
What fucktard lawyer did that poor sod have?
It doesn't matter about the lawyer. He still has to wait for his preliminary, to get his bail set, and then he'd have to come up with the bail money. With the legal system backed up the way it is, he's lucky it was ONLY a month.

awesomeClaw

Aug 17, 2009
Faith in humanity meter:

20-

"And thats how my story ends. Unable to take the pressure of the american justice system, i wrote a letter to the american congress, where upon i was charged with assualt because one of the congressmen cut themselves on the letter. I´ll spend the rest of my days rotting in jail, and i will never find out what really fucked up the justice system so much. Because in the eyes of the rest of the world, im just an idiot."

Cookie for refrence.

Haunted Serenity

Jul 18, 2009
My science teacher did his lessons on physics by saying if i brought a high powered rifle and nailed on of you with it...etc or putting us in catapults. We knew he was joking. I am so glad I'm canadian. Sorry to anyone in the states but thats really stupid. Don't hide from terrorists hide from the sue happy people.

Oh teacher dude. If you ever need a place to hide Canada will accept you.

"I'm claiming refuge status from stupidity"

"welcome to canada"

Haunted Serenity

Jul 18, 2009
Xero Scythe said:
Mr Smith said:
Sodding paranoia...
At the moment, I think we have the right to be paranoid. Do I think this case was still wrong? Yes. However, we've had nothing but school shootings and car bombings for the past few years. I'm glad the police reacted this quickly to such a possible threat. And I'm glad that the jury was so quick in acquiting him. Shows that something in this country still works.
Do you know the defination of works my friend? Because arresting him and shoving him into the clink was not WORKS. Thats shitty police work and legal systems.

Crap double post. My bad.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
And this is why the public are stupid...well, Its a shame he is going to be missing out on so much on his life because of some idiots mistakes...

Spacemike

Jun 25, 2010
Wow, that's awful. Maybe he can get a job working at a really nerdy magnet school where more people would be familiar with video games, heh.

But in reality, man that sucks. Even though the man was found totally not guilty, his career will undoubtably suffer from this. He should be paid damages for having to spend a month in jail for absolutely no reason.

Xero Scythe

Aug 7, 2009
Haunted Serenity said:
Xero Scythe said:
Mr Smith said:
Sodding paranoia...
Do you know the defination of works my friend? Because arresting him and shoving him into the clink was not WORKS. Thats shitty police work and legal systems.

Crap double post. My bad.
One: Don't worry about the double post. Most people understand that it's not your fault.
Two: I meant that they reacted quickly. And when I was talking about WORKS, as you so elegantly put it, I was referring to the court and jury system that acquitted him within 10 minutes.

reyttm4

Mar 7, 2009
I'm confused as to how this happened. First of all, loss of pens shouldn't be considered a motive to kill 500 people, I would imagine that he didn't say it like he was actually about to commit terrorism, and it sounds like he didn't even have a court seeing or interrogation in the first place.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
How sad i hope that the teacher will find a job. But still a fucking month in jail!?

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Urgh. This is so stupid. How would a teacher kill 500 people, except for in a video game?! Who was the moron who thought he was taling about mass murder?! This is so unfair to that poor teacher.
This is just another reason why the U.S is paranoid. And I live here.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
I once said, in front of a teacher, the I was going to have sex with a hooker and murder her before she payed me in a reference to a video game, and didn't even explain it was a video game to her. The kid who told on this guy is an idiot.

monstersquad

Jun 7, 2010
Once more it goes to show that gamers need to show more discretion when talking about hypothetical murder. I remember sitting on the bus in high school talking about guns, what kind of damage they cause, anecdotes about using guns, weapons and violence against ficticious people in roleplaying games. The looks my friends and I would get, but back then we just didnt get why we freaked people out. Now in retrospective, I can see how really mundane people, who never use their imagination take those sort of things at face value. Cause they're just mundane people whose lives are filled with banality, and they don't get it. So, it just goes to show that discretion is not neccesarily a bad things when discussing things, and gaming talk isn't always appropriate in public, easily eavesdropped company.

Guest_Star

Jul 25, 2010
SilentHunter7 said:
Guest_Star said:
A month? A fucking month in jail before the hearing?
What fucktard lawyer did that poor sod have?
It doesn't matter about the lawyer. He still has to wait for his preliminary, to get his bail set, and then he'd have to come up with the bail money. With the legal system backed up the way it is, he's lucky it was ONLY a month.
That's fucked up.
So at no point can his lawyer go to the DA and say "I think your guys done goof'd on this case" and have the DA drop charges when he actually looks at the case? I'll say it again; that's fucked up.

At least in these parts of the world the preliminary needs to be within 48 72 hrs (or something along those lines) or else the you are free to go (you can still be charged tho, but you can't be held longer without a judge ok'ing it).

*edit* checked the law