Fox Business: LEGO Movie "Anti-Capitalist"

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
It's about as "anti-capitalist" as Sesame Street, and that's why FOX News is little more than a running gag in terms of credibility.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Who cares?
Who the fuck cares?
WHO THE FUCK CARES!!!
(finding appropriate tone was harder than it looked like)
Seriously who cares?
Is there anyone who considers Fox news some sort of authority on what's wrong or right?
Among news channels they are basically inbred hillbilly who haven't slept for 2 weeks because he was too busy pointing rifle at his basement door filled with canned beans and booze, otherwise fag ****** terrorist communist jew might come and take away his freedom to be stupid.
Who cares what they say???

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
Not sure if Fox news if whoring itself for attention, or if it's acting this way to give the movie more attention. It's like a strange version of Poe's Law.

Reed Spacer

That guy with the thing.
Jan 11, 2011
Why is this considered news?

Pointing out that Fox did something stupid is about as newsworthy as letting people know that air is good for you.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
So a movie about a line of children's blocks that are made by a corporation, distributed by another corporation, features characters from other corporations, and probably receiving product placement from other corporations...is anti-capitalist.

Oh Fox, never change...

kypsilon

May 16, 2010
Wasn't the Lorax movie more anti-capitalist than the LEGO movie? What about Robo-Cop with evil OCP back in the 80's? Let's be real here Fox--anti-corporate sentiments have been around since Alan Moore put pen to paper.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Dr. McD said:
While it's obviously just propaganda, which no ideology is exempt from having, I still feel sorry for you for having Fox on your side of the political spectrum, if only because such comically bad propaganda and makes Huffington post look somewhat sane.[/quote]

I'm happy to report that there are no popular media outlets that represent my view. I'm a Libertarian. Fox is all full of Neocons, so they are just as much the antithesis of my view as the the HuffPo is. Still amusing to see them make idiots out of themselves.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Dr. McD said:
Baresark said:
Dr. McD said:
While it's obviously just propaganda, which no ideology is exempt from having, I still feel sorry for you for having Fox on your side of the political spectrum, if only because such comically bad propaganda and makes Huffington post look somewhat sane.
I'm happy to report that there are no popular media outlets that represent my view. I'm a Libertarian. Fox is all full of Neocons, so they are just as much the antithesis of my view as the the HuffPo is. Still amusing to see them make idiots out of themselves.
Sorry about that, while there probably is some libertarian propaganda outlet out there, that quote was just aimed at Nooners, I just made at like, 2.00 AM.[/quote]

No worries. I mean, even crazy Fox has people that think they represent me. Glenn Beck considered himself a proud Libertarian for a long time. And when I say he doesn't represent my view, everyone is quick to tell me about his roots. But at the end, no one who adheres to an extreme political perspective is out to help anyone, at least not from what I have seen. It think they are more attached to their idealized perspective than reality. They seem to assume that if all of the elements were there, they would live in a utopia, and then the world would perfect... no matter how many have to suffer to make those elements a reality.

Take the free market for example. I believe in it 99% of the time, but it's completely stupid to say the government should never step in on behalf of people that certain elements may be hurting. Everyone suffered from bad banking policies. The kicker was, those policies were in place but no one was reinforcing them. I am definitely more moderate and realistic in my views of politics and people. But it's also easy, for the sake of argument, for there to be fewer views. So it's easy to take what I said and throw it in with Republicans. There is going to be overlap with a lot of perspectives when you aren't a crazy extremist.

beastro

Jan 6, 2012
Citizen Graves said:
So that's what they choose to report on? Good. To me that means that they are actually afraid of people not accepting the idea of Capitalism Above All.
Nope, just don't like the blood mess that happens when people decide to follow something silly that doesn't work.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
"Why is the head of a corporation, where they hire people, people go to work, they pay their rent, their mortgage, they put their kids through college, they feed their families, they give to charities, they give to churches -- why would the CEO be an easy target," asked host Charles Payne.
If it's attacking those ends, then it's not anti-capitalist. Anti-capitalist would be attacking the end of maximising profit for its own sake and for the sake of raising more capital, not for the sake of any other ideal.

If the behaviour of a company in giving to charities and churches is solely for the good of the company and to increase capital rather than any higher social goal then you have to ask whether that's a good thing or not, because that's the ideal capitalism promotes, an endless cycle of profit-maximising.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Have you SEEN the price of Legos? Lego is NOT against making all the money it can for a few pennies worth of plastic.

(Yeah, yeah, I know a lot of it goes to the licenses)

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
I have a great distain for any movie aimed at children that is intended to push a particular political doctrine, especially when done from a very one sided perspective. Children should be given information and allowed to develop their own perspective.

That said, I have watched the LEGO movie and believe that may be more than anyone at Fox did. Yes very particular aspects of the film could be picked out as "anti-capitalist" but the overall film doesn't reflect such an ideology.

Plus, does anyone else find Fox "let us tell you what to think" News complaining about political bias just a tad hypocritical?

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Mcoffey said:
They're still one of the most watched news channels in America, so it's not like they have no influence. When they say something, stupid or not, a good number of people are listening.
I feel urge to be scared now.
Am I right?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Who's surprised? Fox throws anti-capitalism accusations at anything that doesn't follow its own lock-step glorification and lionization of Big Business. Propagandists hate anyone who counters their message.