Fox News Attacks NEA for Classifying Games as Art

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
AhumbleKnight said:
Ace IV said:
ZeroMachine said:
Ace IV said:
Fox didn't do anything wrong, they had a debate. Your ire should be directed at the dude who was arguing against video games as art, not FNC itself.
They set up the debate so the guy opposing video games would ignore every point the other guy made. Fox is just as much at fault for this as that asshole radio guy.
They set up the debate so people could hear a different point of view. The dude from FNC never took a side, as good reporters don't. Stop blaming Fox for reporting the news in an honest way
No, a good reporter will challenge a response and have a go at them for ignoring the question or paying it off. A good reporter would have asked more engaging questions of both sides. A good reporter would not have shown obviously non-artistic, noneducational games flashing on the screen the whole time. A good reporter/news organization would never have produced that clip.
I would make sure Ace isn't a fan/defender/argumentative spirit/sympathizer/lover/supporter/ect of Fox News first. If he/she is one, there's a chance you're going to enter a very loopy debate in which your points will not be addressed appropriately or at all. D:

Apr 5, 2008
Hold on a second! Fox News criticises video games without any research, justification or informed opinion? No way! One could be led to believe they were pushing a biased agenda *gasp*

XHolySmokesX

Sep 18, 2010
So if i planned a mass physical assault on Fox news HQ, lets say, and the point of the assault was to bring the fox news company to a complete hault for long enough for us to get the word out that they are the real terrorists in this equasion, and turn everyone against them; how many of you guys would join me in doing so? you recon we could get a big enough army together to accomplice something like that?

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Psycho-Toaster said:
I think futurama did an episode on evolution vs creationism, Futurama - Season 6 - Ep. 9 - Robot Dinosaurs, kind of wish I could find that picture of Bender.

The_Puppy_Prince

Jul 28, 2010
Ace IV said:
ZeroMachine said:
Ace IV said:
Fox didn't do anything wrong, they had a debate. Your ire should be directed at the dude who was arguing against video games as art, not FNC itself.
They set up the debate so the guy opposing video games would ignore every point the other guy made. Fox is just as much at fault for this as that asshole radio guy.
They set up the debate so people could hear a different point of view. The dude from FNC never took a side, as good reporters don't. Stop blaming Fox for reporting the news in an honest way
Fox doing anything in a honest way?
Dont make me laugh =w=

exampleAccount

May 2, 2011
Ugghhh. Most "art" games are pretentious, unsubtle and boring. They just take a sub-par platformer, slap on an inner monologue and monochrome colour scheme and suddenly all the "cultured" people of the internet are like: "OMG! SO DEEP! OMG!". I don't really want then being encouraged.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
trooperpaul said:
Get a drink, watch Fox News, and take a sip every time they lie, blow something out of proportion, or use strawman attacks. My record was 20 minutes conscious.
Do the same on the internet (even on this very forum) and I bet you won't even last 5.

Mysten

Sep 28, 2008
Oh FOX News, when will you learn? You could at the very least try to hide your bias.

Ranchcroutons

Sep 12, 2010
Space Jawa said:
Ranchcroutons said:
All games are art and ignorance of this only causes more confusion for people on the outside looking in.
Grand Theft Auto. Duke Nukem. That school shooting mod game. The Conker series. Twisted Metal. Mortal Kombat. Ninjabread Man. God of War. Most of the Movie Tie-in games out there.

You're really going to try to classify all those kinds of games as art?

I can keep going if you need me to.

Oscar90 said:
cp.06 said:
Oscar90 said:
Why won't people understand how easy it is to solve problems with assasination?
I laughed. Well done sir.
I was being semi-serious.
I'm bothered by the fact that you're even being 'semi' serious.
All of those are works of art. It doesnt have to be a Picasso to be beautiful. I want to bring to your attention works such as Andres Serrano's Piss Christ, Duchamp's Fountain and Chris Ofili's "Madonna" created with elephant dung. You cant be close minded towards something so broad and expansive as art. Trying to appraise this or that as worthy is a waste of time because value is subjective. By all means keep listing games but I hope you can see that they will fall under the category of art.

X3N0N

Jan 3, 2011
Seriously. I can't understand why so many people still think that videogames are the work of the devil and should be sacrificed to God to being about the rapture. That view was accepted when Doom came out. Now it's just dumb. For fuck's sake, Fox, stop being so damned dumb.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Jumplion said:
arc1991 said:
Anyone fancy helping me blow up the Fox News building?

*Grabs Shotgun and C4 charges*
While I get the humor behind that, I can't help but think that saying stuff like that doesn't really help our case...

OT: Surprise, surprise, Fox News' "fair and balanced" reporting is anything but. How this is news, I have no idea.
Put it down to Terrorists >.> they won't know *Evil laugh*

Detective Paul

Mar 8, 2011
To fully understand the sheer mind blowing stupidity of FOX "news" we must first understand what a debate is. A debate is a conversation between two people of different views where one seeks to prove themselves right. In a real debate there may be some shouting but on one which may change someone's opinion of right and wrong there should not. In fact official debates are not supposed to have shouting in them or presentation of entirely irrelevant evidence that only serves to "sling mud" at your opponent such as in this debate presentation of call of duty. Every person related to games or gaming will know that call of duty is a place where you shoot things sometimes with a story and characters it will never be classified as an interactive art. They conducted this interview solely to show one point of view to it's audience the one which they favored most which is the one against the "games can now be art" stance. If you want to comment on this nastily I suggest you use what little etiquette of speech you have.

The Philistine

Jan 15, 2010
I'm pretty sure Fox News adheres to the D&D idea of balance. Balancing civil discourse (lawful) with wildly opinionated accusations (chaotic). Kind of a yin and yang according to pasty, rich white guys.

MK Tha Rebel

Jun 12, 2009
Wow, Fox news did something ignorant, stupid, misinformed, uninformed, racist, bias, and/or to push their own agenda...AGAIN.

Seriously Fox news, fuck you. Fuck you down a flight of stairs to the middle of the Earth, FUCK YOU.

soes757

Jan 24, 2011
Ligisttomten said:
Wait, Fox News is real? I thought they parodied Onion News!
Best thing I have ever heard!

For all those saying not to blame fox news: have you seen the shit they say?!
Its incoherent babble switching from side to side and always needing to be right...

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
Well... yeah, using anything to insult the democratic administration is going to go on FOx.

I'd almost rather have no Freedom of speech than to have these guys gabbing about.